Kyrel Leavell

Had it not been for the one loss he suffered at Al Smith to Shepherd, he’d be my pick for most dominant wrestler this season. Just absolutely insane strength on top and he wrestles with so much finesse. I’m happy he avenged that loss in top form, though. Congrats, Rello!

22 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Had it not been for the one loss he suffered at Al Smith to Shepherd, he’d be my pick for most dominant wrestler this season. Just absolutely insane strength on top and he wrestles with so much finesse. I’m happy he avenged that loss in top form, though. Congrats, Rello!

He wasn't even the most dominant on his team, even Waylon Cressell would tell you that.

3 hours ago, Lat Drop said:

He wasn't even the most dominant on his team, even Waylon Cressell would tell you that.

This is a nasty level of hating. Kyrel pinned and teched his way through John Hurrle, pinned his way through Marion County, pinned and teched his way to the Al Smith finals, got two falls in the matches Warren wrestled at Team State, pinned his way through sectionals, pinned and teched his way through regionals, pinned his way through semi-state, and teched his opening round at State, won his semis 9-3, and pinned the #1 in the finals… DOMINANT without a doubt.

1 hour ago, blueandgold said:

This is a nasty level of hating. Kyrel pinned and teched his way through John Hurrle, pinned his way through Marion County, pinned and teched his way to the Al Smith finals, got two falls in the matches Warren wrestled at Team State, pinned his way through sectionals, pinned and teched his way through regionals, pinned his way through semi-state, and teched his opening round at State, won his semis 9-3, and pinned the #1 in the finals… DOMINANT without a doubt.

I'm not hating at all.  He did great!  I'm just saying Waylon Cressell is a beast with a boatload of confidence haha.  I think everyone shared the same level of shock/also not shocked feeling when Leavell pinned Shep.  

23 minutes ago, Lat Drop said:

I'm not hating at all.  He did great!  I'm just saying Waylon Cressell is a beast with a boatload of confidence haha.  I think everyone shared the same level of shock/also not shocked feeling when Leavell pinned Shep.  

Jake hockaday is most dominate! He is the standard in indiana. Incredible wrestler and character. True role model for the sport! He litterly handled his way through the whole series. Never down and never in harms way and pure domination! 

I for one was shell shocked with the pin but incredibly bias here. Up 3-0 with takedown and escape in seconds with a Rideout to end the 1st. But man kyrel took advantage when shepherd turned in and locked that cradle up tight! Kudos to kyrel and congrats on the state championship! Much deserved! Good luck to kyrel at the citadel! 

Lots of respect to all of these guys and they did in fact dominate this year! Those young men are going to do some big things at the next level. 

Being biased myself, I’m going to put my plug in for Peyton Schoettle. 

At Marian County, 3 falls and a tech fall in the finals… Mater Dei Holiday tourney.. a fall, tech fall, decision (4th place at KY state championship), and a loss by one point to Isaac Campbell that came with some scoring controversy (watch the video on Trackwrestling). 3 falls at sectional, 2 falls and a tech fall at Regional, a fall, tech fall, and two majors at semi-state, a fall, tech fall, and two decisions (beat the #6 and #2 ranked wrestlers while being ranked #5). 

I think it is safe to say those who knew him… knew what he was capable of and that he was going to win it. 

Putting wrestling to the side, he is just a great young man to be around. He is a good student who is humble and leads with a “quiet strength”. 

1 hour ago, jshep86 said:

Jake hockaday is most dominate! He is the standard in indiana. Incredible wrestler and character. True role model for the sport! He litterly handled his way through the whole series. Never down and never in harms way and pure domination! 

I for one was shell shocked with the pin but incredibly bias here. Up 3-0 with takedown and escape in seconds with a Rideout to end the 1st. But man kyrel took advantage when shepherd turned in and locked that cradle up tight! Kudos to kyrel and congrats on the state championship! Much deserved! Good luck to kyrel at the citadel! 

100% agree. Hockaday can’t be argued! 4 timer! I also thought Noah Weaver was stronger as well against some tough competition. 
I’ll admit, though that quiet strength & humility is my preference! We get enough over celebration from athletes on TV. 

3 hours ago, blueandgold said:

That one went right over your head lol

2 hours ago, jshep86 said:

Hockaday is the most dominant for sure. Cutting an undefeated guy twice in the 1st period in the FINALS and taking him down and a ride out?? That is the definition of dominance

21 minutes ago, Fanoffans said:

Don't know that Waylon broke a sweat other than warmups the entire tournament.

Very true.  I'd say Hock was in an arguably tougher weight class but both wrestled very well.  I hope Cressell finds some humble in his game, confidence is one thing and I know he is just a sophomore but he didn't come off well in the post match interview.  

22 minutes ago, Lat Drop said:

Very true.  I'd say Hock was in an arguably tougher weight class but both wrestled very well.  I hope Cressell finds some humble in his game, confidence is one thing and I know he is just a sophomore but he didn't come off well in the post match interview.  

Agreed. 

50 minutes ago, HWTDAD said:

It must have because there was no hating there. He was making a joke with the even Waylon Cressel would tell you that line. Yikes

Y’all been hating on Kyrel all year. Y’all even going as far as taking away from a post about him and my opinion on his performance to mention what you think about Hockaday’s dominance. We not talking about that right now. So, based on everything I’ve seen posters on this site say about him, it seemed like hate to me even if you want to pass it off as a joke. “Yikes.”

2 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Y’all been hating on Kyrel all year. Y’all even going as far as taking away from a post about him and my opinion on his performance to mention what you think about Hockaday’s dominance. We not talking about that right now. So, based on everything I’ve seen posters on this site say about him, it seemed like hate to me even if you want to pass it off as a joke. “Yikes.”

Damn dude...panties in a bunch much? Christ it must be that time of the month. I don't know who Y'all is but I have never hated on Kyrel. And kick rocks man, this is a public forum. I will talk about Hockaday if I want. You need some counseling brah

6 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

The joke was, when asked about being a teammate with Kyrell, after winning the state title himself, Cressell went on to talk about how it was nothing new for him to win a state title and he knew he was going to win.  It's a joke brother.  Not taking anything away from the two-timer, he's a stud, as I previously stated lol.

16 minutes ago, HWTDAD said:

Damn dude...panties in a bunch much? Christ it must be that time of the month. I don't know who Y'all is but I have never hated on Kyrel. And kick rocks man, this is a public forum. I will talk about Hockaday if I want. You need some counseling brah

Y’all can never give the homie his props without a backhanded compliment or mentioning someone else. Just show bro his love. You kick rocks, my g.

I don't like mentioning my son on message boards but he's done with HS wrestling. I'll say this... Kyrel wrestled likely the best he ever has on Saturday. Tony put his best out there and it wans't good enough. Then Kyrel backed that up with a better performance in the finals. Congrats to Kyrel, had a great tourney! I hope he kills it at The Citadel.

25 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Y’all can never give the homie his props without a backhanded compliment or mentioning someone else. Just show bro his love. You kick rocks, my g.

Please define, “homie”, as you’re using the word. I want to be sure I’m understanding you, correctly.