Kyrel Leavell

1 hour ago, Lat Drop said:

Very true.  I'd say Hock was in an arguably tougher weight class but both wrestled very well.  I hope Cressell finds some humble in his game, confidence is one thing and I know he is just a sophomore but he didn't come off well in the post match interview.  

Just seemed uncomfortable being interviewed.  15/16 year olds don't always like public speaking.

I don’t think anyone’s taking anything away from Kyrel’s accomplishments. The original post said he was the most dominant wrestler. Others have given their thoughts on who THEY thought fit that definition. 
Kyrel’s very athletic and knows how to compete. He & his club & HS coaches deserves all the credit for his accomplishments! He should definitely be proud, as should everyone involved, including his parents.

1 hour ago, blueandgold said:

Y’all been hating on Kyrel all year. Y’all even going as far as taking away from a post about him and my opinion on his performance to mention what you think about Hockaday’s dominance. We not talking about that right now. So, based on everything I’ve seen posters on this site say about him, it seemed like hate to me even if you want to pass it off as a joke. “Yikes.”

Nobody is out to get anyone, your post opened up a debate because that's what forums do. He was dominate and I don't think anyone has said he wasn't dominate at all just the fact that there were others extremely impressive like hockaday who is the face of indiana wrestling at the moment and rightfully so!  My question is why get so defensive. I feel like everytime someone disagrees it causes hurt feelings. Everyone in the state is going to have different opinions. 

P4p 138 had 3 kids in the top 20 and all had a great season! Hockaday is just another level and an amazing personality! Great kid. No one is out to get anyone. 

2 hours ago, Lat Drop said:

Very true.  I'd say Hock was in an arguably tougher weight class but both wrestled very well.  I hope Cressell finds some humble in his game, confidence is one thing and I know he is just a sophomore but he didn't come off well in the post match interview.  

He’s nothing but humble my guy. Nothing he said was arrogant/cocky

My guy @blueandgold is prolly intelligent Indianamat Poster of all time . He brings those facts and history to this site yearly. I know some posters can’t read . His Topic on this thread says Kyrel Leavell . Let’s about talk about 2x State Champ Senior that wrestled his last match for WC that shined this Saturday Night . He was Dominant ! Excellent wrestler. We’ll talk about other wrestlers his teammates accomplishments in another thread . Let’s give this Senior his due . PERIOD ! 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell Checks

4 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

My guy @blueandgold is prolly intelligent Indianamat Poster of all time . He brings those facts and history to this site yearly. I know some posters can’t read . His Topic on this thread says Kyrel Leavell . Let’s about talk about 2x State Champ Senior that wrestled his last match for WC that shined this Saturday Night . He was Dominant ! Excellent wrestler. We’ll talk about other wrestlers his teammates accomplishments in another thread . Let’s give this Senior his due . PERIOD ! 

I appreciate you my guy.

6 hours ago, Lat Drop said:

I think everyone shared the same level of shock/also not shocked feeling when Leavell pinned Shep.  

Felt so reminiscent of Joe Lee/Tommy Cash. Stud freshman beats former 3rd and 2nd place senior in the semi-finals, then takes an early lead on former state champion senior in the finals. Starts to look like he’s going to cruise to his first state championship, and then BAM on his back a few seconds later.

Was admittedly pulling for Shepherd, not because I have a problem with Kyrel, but because of the possibility of looking back on this tournament in the future and seeing four different 4x state champions competing at one state finals. But congratulations to Kyrel. He showed up all weekend, and had a career 99.99% of high school wrestlers wish they could have had 

8 hours ago, Lat Drop said:

Yeah, for a kid who constantly heard how his state title was from “ND” and how wouldn’t be competitive to those top 5 guys. I wouldn’t be humble either, especially after how dominant he was in it either. The only thing on his mind is who the next best guy is so he can find away to move around and beat them. 

9 hours ago, Lat Drop said:

For anyone that knows Waylon when it comes to wrestling he has a mindset at all times to score points and break his opponent. All the while being confident he will do that. What is wrong with that? His speech reflected that and the question is asked less than 5 minutes after he just got done taking care of business. You think his mindset changed that fast? The kid just went full throttle on a very tough bracket. Being humble in an interview is not be a requirement. Being confident in your ability is if you want to win on that level. 

13 hours ago, Fanoffans said:

Just seemed uncomfortable being interviewed.  15/16 year olds don't always like public speaking.

5 hours ago, aoberlin said:

For anyone that knows Waylon when it comes to wrestling he has a mindset at all times to score points and break his opponent. All the while being confident he will do that. What is wrong with that? His speech reflected that and the question is asked less than 5 minutes after he just got done taking care of business. You think his mindset changed that fast? The kid just went full throttle on a very tough bracket. Being humble in an interview is not be a requirement. Being confident in your ability is if you want to win on that level. 

He also seemed to misunderstand the question about how meaningful it was to be the second warrior to win it that night. His answer made him come across self-absorbed--but he clearly just missed the question. Again, easy to understand after such a big moment and still getting oxygen back in the brain.

Edited by maligned

7 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Everyone is entitled to their own perception of things.  I don't really care.  In my point of view it didn't come off well.  You are entitled to like whatever you want.  I love the way he wrestles, very talented kid.  Look forward to seeing him grow.

16 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

After all , the title of the thread is Kyrel Leavell

11 hours ago, mcnorthcarolina said:

Yeah, for a kid who constantly heard how his state title was from “ND” and how wouldn’t be competitive to those top 5 guys. I wouldn’t be humble either, especially after how dominant he was in it either. The only thing on his mind is who the next best guy is so he can find away to move around and beat them. 

Absolutely dominant! He was incredible to watch. 

I hope having ND connections we see him wrestle club and then Fargo this summer.

Edited by Coplen187