Sportscenter NOT TOP 10 (State Wrestling Edition)

Starting with 10 and heading down to 1 of the NOT TOP 10

I OBSERVED 10 THINGS HAPPEN, BUT SADLY ONLY ONE WAS UNRELATED TO THE BULLDOGS OF CP (respect to a great season and bronze finish)

10. CLARK OF BULLDOG WC loses on Friday night 

9. VANTICKLE LOSES on Friday NIGHT

8. Shepard falled via cross cradle by WARREN CENTRALS LEAVELL

7.NEW PRAIRIE STANDOUT (hourvart) and takedown RECORD HOLDER loses heartbreaker  in fluke (from my vantage point he looked to be battling injury) 

6. TEAGIN NEWOL loses by MAJOR to NEW HAVENS Ocampo

5. Jendreas loses after being “JohnPsulions” lock of the tournament (big shock here) 

4. Lt. Hawkins loses to 10 loss BRAYLON REYNOLDS OF BB BULLDOGS (great tourney Braylon) 

3. John p’s SECOND lock of the tourney rhinehart loses a heartbreaker to the DUKE OF BELLMONT

2. Will Clark of BULLDOG (CP) was losing 0-5 to WEINGART OF INDY CATHEDRAL ( IF REF WAS IN POSITION HE WAS LIKELY FALLED AND CP HAS ZERO CHAMPIONS!) 

1. (RUMOR MILL, not yet confirmed by sources) CROWN POINT PREMATURELY PLANS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PARTY AT HOTEL WITH BALOONS COOKIES AND MORE

great tourney to all involved and thanks to Evansville for hosting 

25 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

I OBSERVED 10 THINGS HAPPEN, BUT SADLY ONLY ONE WAS UNRELATED TO THE BULLDOGS OF CP (respect to a great season and bronze finish)

7.NEW PRAIRIE STANDOUT (hourvart) and takedown RECORD HOLDER loses heartbreaker  in fluke (from my vantage point he looked to be battling injury) 

5. Jendreas loses after being “JohnPsulions” lock of the tournament (big shock here) 

4. Lt. Hawkins loses to 10 loss BRAYLON REYNOLDS OF BB BULLDOGS (great tourney Braylon) 

3. John p’s SECOND lock of the tourney rhinehart loses a heartbreaker to the DUKE OF BELLMONT

2. Will Clark of BULLDOG (CP) was losing 0-5 to WEINGART OF INDY CATHEDRAL ( IF REF WAS IN POSITION HE WAS LIKELY FALLED AND CP HAS ZERO CHAMPIONS!) 

1. (RUMOR MILL, not yet confirmed by sources) CROWN POINT PREMATURELY PLANS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PARTY AT HOTEL WITH BALOONS COOKIES AND MORE

I did see the Crown Point party as I was the Doubletree to the parking garage. 

The Not Top 10 as ESPN portrays it generally consider to be embarrassing blooper and ridiculous errors of well paid adult professional athletes. Most of yours is call out kids who already had an off day and give no credit to their opponents rising to the occasion and finding their own moment. Just because top CP wrestlers, and a few others,  didn’t win a tough match doesn’t mean it should fall into this type of Not Top 10 embarrassing type call out.  In my view most of your 10 are not good takes.  Heck some of them aren’t even big upsets ranking wise. Your own picks may not have been Top 10 calls but no need to call any of these kids to task just because they didn’t live up to your picks. If this was a joke it was done way too poorly in taste.  Get some sleep, you’ve had a long day. 

The following take (posted below) is more along the lines of the type of Not Top 10 criticism of this years state event that is worth pointing out.  I can at least respect those thoughts cause it’s about the process and someone could actually consider those ideas when planning future events.  

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Switching this up a bit. 

My "Not Top 5"

5: Weather

4: No pass outs for Friday night and paying ridiculous prices to eat.

3: IHSAA not shipping the original podium

2: Attendance

1:Ticketmaster

I got a bit frustrated with some of the live streaming issues.  That said, I feel very fortunate that they offer it at all.  Couldn’t travel this weekend due to other commitments, but we had our own party of sorts at my house.  It was a grand time for us.  Not the same as being there live, but it was still great … and a lot cheaper.

9 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Switching this up a bit. 

My "Not Top 5"

5: Weather

4: No pass outs for Friday night and paying ridiculous prices to eat.

3: IHSAA not shipping the original podium

2: Attendance

1:Ticketmaster

Honorable Mention: the music selection was horrendous.. nothing like warming up for one of the biggest matches of your career to the Disney on Ice soundtrack. 

#BringBackTheTights

Yes, we did have an end of the season celebration/dinner.  That happens win or lose.  That is how we celebrate with our family/friends and honor our wrestlers at state.  We have been doing that for the last four years.  I am proud of our parents and Booster Club for doing an amazing job for my coaches and wrestlers.  

Coach Lorek

19 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

Man… PLEASE DONT DO THIS AGAIN .