132 Bracket I hate your stinking guts!

44-0 Demarco vs 33-0 Bradley on one side of the bracket, and 2x and current P4P stud Hockaday vs returning sophomore phenom who has yet to lose in high school Thrine! 😔

5 minutes ago, Yotti4 said:

Hockaday all day long and twice on Sunday! He isn't winning matches 5-4, he is dominating folks and top 5 kids at that. 

Give me the +450 banana line on Major or better though out 2024 State matches . 

cameron crowe GIF

eeeerrrrrr…… Bananas! 🍌 

Edited by TeamGarcia

9 minutes ago, Yotti4 said:

Hockaday all day long and twice on Sunday! He isn't winning matches 5-4, he is dominating folks and top 5 kids at that. 

Agreed. Thrine seemed undersized when wrestling Davis. If Davis does not cut him with 40 seconds, what would overtime have looked like? The size and strenght of Davis slowed Thrine down. Will not be a close match between Thrine and Hockaday....that is, if Thrine makes it to see him. Good wrestler and will continue to grown and improve but is not going to defeat Hockaday.

8 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Give me the +450 banana line on Major or better though out 2024 State matches . 

cameron crowe GIF

eeeerrrrrr…… Bananas! 🍌 

Agreed.  I was telling people I didn't think anyone would be within 6 points of Hockaday.  I like your betting line better.  This is no disrespect to anyone in the 132 pound bracket.  I believe Hockaday has separated himself that much from the rest. 

1 hour ago, MatTime said:

Agreed. Thrine seemed undersized when wrestling Davis. If Davis does not cut him with 40 seconds, what would overtime have looked like? The size and strenght of Davis slowed Thrine down. Will not be a close match between Thrine and Hockaday....that is, if Thrine makes it to see him. Good wrestler and will continue to grown and improve but is not going to defeat Hockaday.

Something to consider, Davis had stall warning already and Thrine put himself in a lot of positions to get the call.  I felt, given the stall warning in place, Davis gave himself a better shot at winning in regulation by letting Thrine up than risking a penalty point.  

Davis drops to the ankle and thrine gets in a position that forces Davis to stay on the ankle, the penalty point comes out and now he has to turn thrine to win or let him up and take him down just to get to OT. Jmo

3 minutes ago, Cmoney125 said:

It's the state finals. How about it's just a good bracket and not a bad draw?

It’s a good draw.  I personally think Thrine and Hockaday should be on opposite sides and most states criteria would have them separated.  Not to take anything away from Demarco and Bradley being undefeated, just basing it off of past state championships. The draw could be any of the other scenarios and there’d be heartache somewhere, ifs & buts…..  I’m also admittedly a little biased towards Thrine

Some say if you ain’t first you’re last, what’s it matter if you’re 2nd or 3rd, etc…but

1.  The atmosphere of the finals brings about a totally different mentality and feel.  Not to mention, the opportunity still exists 

2. That’s why they wrestle the matches

2 hours ago, MatTime said:

Davis has been flying under the radar! Davis could shake things up on the top bracket. 

Davis could have placed last season if it wasn't for running into thrine in the ticket round.

13 hours ago, Yotti4 said:

Margin literally means nothing. Huyvaert been dominating all year and just lost to Zar Walker who was having matches with one point margins against unranked wrestlers. Stop glazing.

9 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Margin literally means nothing. Huyvaert been dominating all year and just lost to Zar Walker who was having matches with one point margins against unranked wrestlers. Stop glazing.

Hockaday beats goss 9-3 

demarco Beats goss 10-2 

demarco only wins 8-7 against un ranked Walter Drew’s.

Jack Davis pins Walter Drew’s

davis looses to Volz 5-1

volz looses to Aquino 5-4

aquino looses to the Richmond regional scale.

Yotti has predicted this years state champ without even knowing it. 

using the Yotti theory this years 132lb state champ is the scale.

10 hours ago, blueandgold said:

This!

I could see either kid winning in any fashion. The idea that either one is a lock is silly. Maybe one blows out the other, and in hindsight, it's clear as day, but it's not at this present moment.

I thought Frazier was a lock...turned out he wasn't.

1 hour ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

Hockaday beats goss 9-3 

demarco Beats goss 10-2 

demarco only wins 8-7 against un ranked Walter Drew’s.

Jack Davis pins Walter Drew’s

davis looses to Volz 5-1

volz looses to Aquino 5-4

aquino looses to the Richmond regional scale.

Yotti has predicted this years state champ without even knowing it. 

using the Yotti theory this years 132lb state champ is the scale.

Obvious transitive property takeaway...the scale can beat anyone.