The US OPEN Results

12 hours ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Brownsburg coaches Michael "The Professor" Morgan, Brandon "Brando" Gay, and Alexander "Skip" Skipper are competing in both Greco and freestyle. Skipper and Gay wrestling for placement  in Greco shortly.

Why isn't Kyle "anti-baconator" Ayersman wrestling?

Nick Lee loses in the semifinals....  No wait, he wins!

In a bizarre turn of events, Beau Bartlett's hand was raised on the mat and the scoreboard showed him as the winner 10-10 on criteria.  At some point within the next 30-45 minutes, the result was changed to Nick Lee winning on criteria.  Apparently they got it wrong a scorer's table.  

What made it odd was Nick was down 10-8 and got a push out as Bartlett skated backward letting him do so.  A 1 pt pushout and  a caution and 1 pt was called for fleeing the mat, tying the score.  The scoreboard immediately showed Bartlett leading on criteria, so the final few seconds were wrestled with Nick trying to push him out again and Beau trying to circle and not go out of bounds, but avoiding any kind of engagement.  Everyone on the mat though Bartlett was the winner.  They shook hands, Nick walked off and Beau's hand was raised.  The video shows Bartlett leaving the mat and no sign of any knowledge the result was incorrect.

I've read differing opinions on the criteria.  Both had 4 point moves, one 2 point move and the rest ones.  I always thought whoever scored last in that scenario won.  Others are saying the # of cautions comes into play first and that final caution was the difference and the scoreboard operator gave the caution to Nick and not Beau, creating the confusion.  I guess, barring the caution placed on the wrong wrestler, Lee would have won either way, based on cautions or last score? 

I still haven't heard how long it took to sort that out and how/when the wrestlers found out.  

On 4/26/2023 at 3:54 PM, aoberlin said:

Lopshire is getting ready to wrestle Ken Chertow! And super awesome on Juwan making the trip and putting himself out there. Great experience having those legends in his corner.

Andy he’s had a legend in his corner since he was 8: Me.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:54 PM, aoberlin said:

Lopshire is getting ready to wrestle Ken Chertow! And super awesome on Juwan making the trip and putting himself out there. Great experience having those legends in his corner.

Let’s Go Ken!

5 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Nick Lee loses in the semifinals....  No wait, he wins!

In a bizarre turn of events, Beau Bartlett's hand was raised on the mat and the scoreboard showed him as the winner 10-10 on criteria.  At some point within the next 30-45 minutes, the result was changed to Nick Lee winning on criteria.  Apparently they got it wrong a scorer's table.  

What made it odd was Nick was down 10-8 and got a push out as Bartlett skated backward letting him do so.  A 1 pt pushout and  a caution and 1 pt was called for fleeing the mat, tying the score.  The scoreboard immediately showed Bartlett leading on criteria, so the final few seconds were wrestled with Nick trying to push him out again and Beau trying to circle and not go out of bounds, but avoiding any kind of engagement.  Everyone on the mat though Bartlett was the winner.  They shook hands, Nick walked off and Beau's hand was raised.  The video shows Bartlett leaving the mat and no sign of any knowledge the result was incorrect.

I've read differing opinions on the criteria.  Both had 4 point moves, one 2 point move and the rest ones.  I always thought whoever scored last in that scenario won.  Others are saying the # of cautions comes into play first and that final caution was the difference and the scoreboard operator gave the caution to Nick and not Beau, creating the confusion.  I guess, barring the caution placed on the wrong wrestler, Lee would have won either way, based on cautions or last score? 

I still haven't heard how long it took to sort that out and how/when the wrestlers found out.  

The criteria is

1. Highest point values( 4-4 score, Red has a 4  pointer and Blue has 2- 2 pointers then Red wins)

2. Least amount of cautions

3. Last point scored

I was watching live and assumed that Bartlett had 2- 2 point moves and thus negating the caution.

8 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The criteria is

1. Highest point values( 4-4 score, Red has a 4  pointer and Blue has 2- 2 pointers then Red wins)

2. Least amount of cautions

3. Last point scored

I was watching live and assumed that Bartlett had 2- 2 point moves and thus negating the caution.

Thanks for the clarification.  Didn't know cautions came before last points.  Either way, it was confusing as hell.  Fortunately for Bartlett, he bounced back well today beating Anthony Ashnault and will wrestle for 3rd. Hopefully Nick comes out sharp tonight. McKenna handled him pretty well last time they wrestled.