Semi-State Upsets and Key Matches!

navy80

1 minute ago, navy80 said:

Turner loses to Day on a last second reversal. I thought time ran out and Turner should have won.

I've been wondering all morning whey they don't have someone with a towel to tap the referee as time runs out.  I've seen several matches where they wrestled for 2-3 seconds after time ran out, a couple times even where someone at the table had to yell out "Time"

Just now, SWINfan said:

I've been wondering all morning whey they don't have someone with a towel to tap the referee as time runs out.  I've seen several matches where they wrestled for 2-3 seconds after time ran out, a couple times even where someone at the table had to yell out "Time"

you have a 2nd ref too...no excuse

4 minutes ago, nk140 said:

you have a 2nd ref too...no excuse

I agree.  But it's been happening all day.

On a separate note - Tyce DuPont (Tell City) just got a 3rd period fall over Chase Carrington (Greencastle).  Down 4-2, DuPont gets an escape and a takedown to back for the fall.  Big win for the Marksmen

3 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Another crazy match some may have missed...

Bradley Owen (Jeffersonville) WBF over Alex Smith (Heritage Hills).  Smith led most of the match, including 8-2 going into the 3rd.  Owen made a helluva comback, ultimately getting a takedown to back for the fall.  

He previously lost to his first round match and pinned him. He also lost to Spears and then pinned the guy that beat Spears. Some could say he’s on a vision quest.

1 minute ago, rdrodd1 said:

Hutchison went feet to back for 2 and 2 with Prechtel.  Looking good

Is it me or did the 2 back points look kinda quick?  Didn't make a difference to the outcome.  I was surprised Prechtel chose down in the 3rd period, though.  Nice 5-0 win for Hutchinson!

Nice win for Noah Terry of Tell City over Vinent Tinoco.  Also another example of piss poor clock management by the referees.  At the end there was 1 or 2 seconds left, they called a caution and restarted.  Terry hits a double leg and takes Tinoco to his back basically twice before they blew the whistle.  The guys at the table kept calling time and then kept telling the referee after "you only had 1 second".  

6 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Nice win for Noah Terry of Tell City over Vinent Tinoco.  Also another example of piss poor clock management by the referees.  At the end there was 1 or 2 seconds left, they called a caution and restarted.  Terry hits a double leg and takes Tinoco to his back basically twice before they blew the whistle.  The guys at the table kept calling time and then kept telling the referee after "you only had 1 second".  

Yeah, that was ugly.

51 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Kelby Glenn (Tell City) with a nice 8-6 win over Parker Reynolds (Brownsburg).  Great match that was back and forth the whole time.  Glenn wins it with 2 takedowns in the 3rd period, the last with less than 5 seconds left!

I wouldn’t call 4 take downs a back and forth match, Glenn seemed in control of the match.