Holiday Tournaments: Upsets and Key Matches

navy80

15 minutes ago, Relentless said:

I wouldn’t call Thrine’s victory over Clark an upset. Two solid kids with state experience banging it out in a finals match. Thrine has a previous victory over Clark within the last couple seasons as well. 

Thrine is under rated. Dude is a tank and will be in the mix to go under the lights this year at 145. 

35 minutes ago, Relentless said:

I wouldn’t call Thrine’s victory over Clark an upset. Two solid kids with state experience banging it out in a finals match. Thrine has a previous victory over Clark within the last couple seasons as well. 

When the #17 @ 138 beats the #4 @45 it’s generally considered an upset 

After that, was actually the biggest match of Thrine’s day was against 
Mr. Trace Smith of JC!
He’s quite the entertainer and really gets the crowd going. 

I loved that Jay County created an opportunity for Trace to hit the mat and 

I was super proud of how Thrine responded. Great moments in our sport. 

Gongrats Brevan & way to go Trace!! 👏👍

113 #14 Isaiah Fye (Alexandria Monroe) 19-0, Sr. over #5 Levi Johns (Bluffton) 18-1, So. (Dec 10-6)

138  #6 Tony Wood (Jay County) 23-0, Jr. over Gavyn Whitehead (New Castle) 16-1, Jr. (Dec 7-4)

145 #17 @138  Brevan Thrine (New Castle) 15-2, Sr. over #4 Cameron Clark (Jay County) 22-1, Jr. (Fall 5:13)

182  #8 Hunter Page (Monroe Central) 12-0, Sr. over #20 Bryce Wenk (Jay County) 20-3, Jr. (Dec 11-5)

Edited by navy80

Huge upset at 145

B. Spears Plainfield (16-1) over Cash Turner Edgewood with a score of 15-8. Spears had a come from behind win in the semis after being down by 8 points. He now faces Sblay Carmel in the finals.