**Rankings Update** Evansville #2

Y2CJ41

27 minutes ago, RAJR said:

Still seeing #1 & #8 @ 285 being from Brownsburg.  Anyone else seeing that? No biggie, just curious if just me/my device.

Fixed now, thought I fixed it earlier. For these two bloopers we are fining @TripleB 1000 Bananas.

16 hours ago, gsmith58 said:

Just my biased observation, but you might be sleeping on Schreck at 126 (by 3 or 4 spots). Looks like he's following in Donnie Feeler's footsteps. Doesn't anyone get down to Harrison and Crawford County ;) 

To answer your question - No no one gets down to Harrison and Crawford County!!

And Feeler was in my top 4!! He trained w/ me for a year, I knew who he was!

I'm pulling for Zane, he's been on the fringe for a couple of years. One thing that sets Corydon, Crawford County, Hell ,our whole SE part of our SS back is the sheer size and scheduling. 

Over in Evansville and up in Indy, those dudes are constantly getting tested. In our part of the state the top guys might only get 1-2 highly competitive matches a year. Jeff Classic in a few weeks will be a good gauge. 

I love being wrong, attached is a pic of a young Quinn Harris and is one of my favorite pics. He wasn't in my top 4, he might notta been in my top 8. He punched his ticket, found me and we snapped this pic.

I was wrong on Joe Buttler 2 years ago and immediately messaged his dad and congratulated him on making me eat crow. 

Zane, best of luck and find me when you punch that ticket so I can congratulate you and get a pic together.

TripleB, out!

20140215-182410.jpg

You guys do a great job with the rankings.  It is so hard to do rankings when some of these kids don't wrestle each other until the State series.  The rankings are what they are and make for good reading material sometimes.  It motivates some kids to rise above and gives them something to reach for.  Pumps them up to see a kid they get to wrestle that is ranked.  Some kids shake in their boots and some of the good ones rise to the occasion to beat that ranked kid.  To all the ranking guys, keep it up and I would not want that job.  I am sure you get bombarded with emails when some parent's kid did not get put in the rankings or you missed a match where someone got beat and you might have missed it.

26 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

You guys do a great job with the rankings.  It is so hard to do rankings when some of these kids don't wrestle each other until the State series.  The rankings are what they are and make for good reading material sometimes.  It motivates some kids to rise above and gives them something to reach for.  Pumps them up to see a kid they get to wrestle that is ranked.  Some kids shake in their boots and some of the good ones rise to the occasion to beat that ranked kid.  To all the ranking guys, keep it up and I would not want that job.  I am sure you get bombarded with emails when some parent's kid did not get put in the rankings or you missed a match where someone got beat and you might have missed it.

TRUE!  TRUE!!  TRUE!!!

1 hour ago, TripleB said:

I'm pulling for Zane, he's been on the fringe for a couple of years. One thing that sets Corydon, Crawford County, Hell ,our whole SE part of our SS back is the sheer size and scheduling. 

Over in Evansville and up in Indy, those dudes are constantly getting tested. In our part of the state the top guys might only get 1-2 highly competitive matches a year. Jeff Classic in a few weeks will be a good gauge. 

I love being wrong, attached is a pic of a young Quinn Harris and is one of my favorite pics. He wasn't in my top 4, he might notta been in my top 8. He punched his ticket, found me and we snapped this pic.

I was wrong on Joe Buttler 2 years ago and immediately messaged his dad and congratulated him on making me eat crow. 

Zane, best of luck and find me when you punch that ticket so I can congratulate you and get a pic together.

TripleB, out!

20140215-182410.jpg

To the Coaches or parents out there that think their athlete should be ranked or ranked higher I recommend writing the rankers and getting your kid on the radar. If they are on the radar or not maybe a little justification or reasoning behind what you are bringing up. Maybe they did miss a meet or an event. Maybe it does not show up on Track-wrestling and it is hidden on Flo Wrestling somewhere because the athlete name was put in wrong or shorten and you have to be exact to find them on these search engines inside the web sites.. they are ranking 8- kids per weight class at the semi state level and updating it consistently. I'm sure they have another half dozen behind them. Plus, yup they have their own lives outside of doing this.

While our justification for why our kid should be up from where ever they are..... because I have never seen an Advocate say their athlete is ranked higher than they should be.  It may not be gauged by the ranker that way or they may not even be  aware that something has happened.

Does ISWA matter if? Only Folkstyle? Does Freestyle or Greco matches matter? Do off Season accomplishments matter? 

Everyone will gauge these different and then the little things that happened that they did not see in a match. All they saw was the final score or outcome. They just cant be everywhere all the time unfortunately. I am sure they don't mind information sent to them. 

Edited by buttler73

1 hour ago, TripleB said:

TripleB, out!

20140215-182410.jpg

Hey man you may have been wrong then but I forgive you!!

Triple B has been doing this a long time!

5 hours ago, TripleB said:

4 hours ago, buttler73 said:

To the Coaches or parents out there that think their athlete should be ranked or ranked higher I recommend writing the rankers...

No disrespect intended. The Feeler reference was probably the overall ranking. Early on, I think he was better than his ranking portrayed. Again, that's just opinion. 

I'm not related to Zane, and I'm not sure I've ever spoken to him. Seems like a good kid though. Last year in one of the podcasts around the Semi-State I recall Mike R. saying that Gavin Bragg was 'kind of a' ranking yardstick. My bias come from using my son as a yardstick. He wrestled most of these guys over the years.

I just think Zane should be up a few spots higher based on those observations (he has a pretty wicked cross-wrist tilt). Like you said, it's difficult when they don't have the same exposure/opportunity that kids around Indy, Evansville, and the NW. Which is, in large part, why I chose to toss in my two cents ;)  

40 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

I'm not related to Zane, and I'm not sure I've ever spoken to him. Seems like a good kid though. Last year in one of the podcasts around the Semi-State I recall Mike R. saying that Gavin Bragg was 'kind of a' ranking yardstick. My bias come from using my son as a yardstick. He wrestled most of these guys over the years.

The yardstick comment isn't any disrespect at all. Cathedral wrestles a very tough schedule with MANY match-ups with kids from all corners of the state. We usually have a decent feel on where their guys line up in the rankings. Those types of wrestlers are basically where you gauge others via common opponents and head to heads, and even sometimes commons of commons of commons if you have to. Even as you have said, "he wrestled most of these guys over the years," and that is exactly what helped form the rankings.

There are a few other teams that we utilize as good indicators on wrestlers that do not see a lot of the top competition throughout the season.

45 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

Yeah, that's how I took it at the time and it makes sense to me. I just thought that made Bragg the Kevin Bacon of wrestling. And while I'm thinking about he's rated too low too ;)

Haha, with the schedule that Cathedral wrestles on top of that they go to different areas of the state they are probably less than 7 degrees away from any wrestler.

Evansville Central -Kemper is going 160 and Robards 152. Should shake things up quite a bit. Kemper had no problem beating Prechtel last year more than once. We will see what happens today. 

Castle- Purdy is looking “pretty” as ever. 

Edited by Southern IN Fan

1 hour ago, Southern IN Fan said:

Evansville Central -Kemper is going 160 and Robards 152. Should shake things up quite a bit. Kemper had no problem beating Prechtel last year more than once. We will see what happens today. 

Castle- Purdy is looking “pretty” as ever. 

Prechtel looked good… beat Kemper. It was a good match. I hope to see them match up again in the future!

On 12/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, Southern IN Fan said:

Prechtel looked good… beat Kemper. It was a good match. I hope to see them match up again in the future!

I feel the Prechtel v Kemper matchup will be the southern Indiana battle in the post season. Similar to the Sollars v Purdy and Egli v Konrath matchups in previous years. Maybe not to the magnitude of those matches but still fun to watch two talented athletes go at it!

#BringBackTheTights