Highest placer per ihswca class?

ontherise219

What are the highest placer for the classes per ihswca break down for the team series.

3A

106 Bailey cathedral

113 smith franklin Champ

120 red new Palestine champ

126 Davis penn

132 Wilson warren central

138 cash Lawrence north

145 lecount perry median

152 Kelley Evansville central

160 corasro cathedral

170 Stevenson franklin

182 rypel cathedral

195 moss warren central

220 Robinson lake central

285 Bernard cathedral

2A

106 reitz Griffith

113 Becker Bellmont

120 Glogouski Fairfield

126 Micic hanover central

132 Campbell Yorktown

145 Loe peru

152 Bauer Angola

160 heistand Yorktown

170 Jackson Yorktown

182 chambers Edgewood

195 Scott hanover central

220 Faulkenberg cardinal Ritter

285 Duvall west Lafayette

1A

120 miller south Adams

132 Lovejoy heritage 

138 Derek ellinger Adams central

145 Batts cascade

170 Scott Clinton central

285 coffer breman

I'm at work so I can't do the total breakdown

As much as some of us may not like to admit it, this thread is pretty good evidence for class wrestling. kids from 1A schools are having very little success at the state tournament.

From what I hear it's because they don't work hard enough...

Evidence that we should have a bunch of regional and semi state qualifiers call themselves state champions? Maybe we should have classes for how dedicated you are. We could classify them from the people that eat breathe and sleep wrestling to the ones that just like to wear singlets.

This is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. You look at other states and the only difference you see is they have class wrestling and we dont. Its this kind of attitude that is does not allow Indiana wrestling to thrive. You want Indiana to be the best its going to take hard work. You guys keep pointing at mater dei as the exception when they should be the role model. They have made wrestling a way of life. The whole dang town shows up for a wrestling meet. Thats the kind of stuff that makes great programs.

We now have a team state tournament cant you just enjoy that for while.

If we want Indiana to be a state that is fighting for top 5 state status we need to look at how those top states are set up. Our population is smaller than our neighbors to the east and west who are at the top of the heap but we can follow their lead and aim to get our numbers up. The numbers are on our side saying that if we get more kids out we have a better chance at better showings at the national tournaments. The idea is simple: More kids = more chances for top wrestlers.  The way to more kids is make the sport more appealing and more chances to make state will get more kids out. Even a small fix of simply increasing the number of qualifiers somehow would be a step in the right direction.

Do not class individual state. Please! I had a long ramble about this but it's not worth the time to proof read and pick out all of my grammar flubs. It didn't help Basketball, why would it help us? I agree with what was said above, team state is classed, lets keep that and keep single class individual, best of both worlds.

Evidence that we should have a bunch of regional and semi state qualifiers call themselves state champions? Maybe we should have classes for how dedicated you are. We could classify them from the people that eat breathe and sleep wrestling to the ones that just like to wear singlets.

This is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. You look at other states and the only difference you see is they have class wrestling and we dont. Its this kind of attitude that is does not allow Indiana wrestling to thrive. You want Indiana to be the best its going to take hard work. You guys keep pointing at mater dei as the exception when they should be the role model. They have made wrestling a way of life. The whole dang town shows up for a wrestling meet. Thats the kind of stuff that makes great programs.

We now have a team state tournament cant you just enjoy that for while.

Take our single class state champions, and I'd say most state champions from the smaller classes in other states beat us. They must be doing something right with their "regional qualifiers".

Take our single class state champions, and I'd say most state champions from the smaller classes in other states beat us. They must be doing something right with their "regional qualifiers".

I'm not sure I'd go that far.  While we occasionally do catch that super stud athlete from a small class, I've seen Indiana state champs (and our high place winner) usually do well against the smaller class competitors from other states at national events.  No we don't "dominate" all of them, so yes they are quality opponents.  I would say our top guys have an edge over most of them, but they would present a challenge for some of our other semi-state ticket rounders and state qualifiers.

Doesn't Indiana usually perform pretty well in the IL-IN all-star duals vs. the small school champs?  When it's not even our champions, it's our 2nd highest placing senior?  Against arguably the toughest wrestling state?

Instead of classing the individual tournament what about expanding the number of qualifers per weight class?  32 man bracket.  This would make the first round of semi state the ticket round and at least help out with the bad draws at semi state.  Can 8 mats fit at Bankers Life?  If so you run first 2 rounds of state on 8 mats on Friday night with all losers eliminated.  Saturday runs the same as it does now. 

This would bring 16 additional kids to state and Id imagine at least some of those kids would be from 1A and 2A schools.

As much as some of us may not like to admit it, this thread is pretty good evidence for class wrestling. kids from 1A schools are having very little success at the state tournament.

once again I will ask... is the number of wrestlers 1A schools enter into the tournament and the amount of placers proportional to the numbers that 2A and 3A enter and place....

so then they should just transfer to a 3A school and they would be a state champ/placer?......lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.