Rankings are updated, check them out!

Y2CJ41

where is Charlie McGinley?   Kid only had 2 losses i think last year and lost in the Ticket round to Farrell who placed at state.   Just wondering.

I'm pretty sure other posts said he's out for awhile.  His return date and weight class are unknown (I think). 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I didnt say anything about Dres ranking he is right I would say ,Im just saying I wouldnt bet on Jared loseing a state title his senior year. I didnt say anything about Dre A**, We have plenty of work to do.

I bet you wouldn't have bet on Nick Walpole losing the state title his senior year either, would you?  Jared McKinley is a VERY good wrestler and Neil Molloy is a VERY good wrestler.  Both are defending state champs Jared is bumping up Molloy is basically staying the same weight- I'd imagine we see both of them under the lights this season wrestling for the state title and they will end this debate there. 

Great job on an impossible task by Eric, as usual. I have no problem with Molloy at #1 but would've felt the same with Jmac on top. Gun held to my head, I think McKinley will get him in the end. Kral is phenomenal and has improved since last year's impressive run--he was a bully and beat some legit national studs at the Scholastic Duals. I think everyone needs to acknowledge the obvious--the season will answer all questions. I'm pumped!!!

you do realize who Walpole lost to his senior year, don't you? It was a guy who lost 1 match in high school and has since been 2nd, Champ, 3rd at NCAAs in division 1. And that match Walpole lost 4-2 in OT.

I do realize it was Andrew Howe... And we all know Andrew Howe is probably, and in my opinion is, the best wrestler to ever wear a singlet in the state of Indiana.  But I am just pointing Walpole out because he like McKinley is a stellar Perry wrestler extremely well coached and talented but still capable of losing if someone shows up and takes the match to them.  And since Caliboy/WcDad has a Perry and Warren bias they are terms to which he should be able to relate.

The match between Knura and Cooper happed around December 04, 2010 witch would make it the first semester of coopers senior year. And the score was 8-1 in favor of Knura  

Yes, that is correct it happened in the second event of the season last year for Perry at Franklin Community.   Cooper also lost to Reagan from Penn  on that day, by I think 5 or more.    Only to come back at TEAM STATE and dominate Reagan.  One of Coopers last matches.  I would have liked to see that rematch with Knura,  as Cooper gained confidence through out the season.

Think Cooper started out in 11 or 12 spot last year in rankings.    PM just gets it done!!  All season long.

JMAC will win know doubt the boy benchs over 250 at his weight he wrestled Kieffer last year and won every match but once I do not think Molloy would beat Josh.. He has problems making weight when Jared is on top of it all, there is NO way Jared will lose that match when or if they wrestle again.

Now Mr. WC182Dad,

You know that I have defended you on occasion here for a long time and I know your love for Perry, Warren Central and the love of the wrestlers and their families......Now,  when you make a statement about a young man on here saying that you know that " he has problems making weight "  I personally have a problem with that.  How can you make such a statement when you probably don't have any ties to their program?  Are you sure that he has a problem making weight?  Maybe he didn't wrestle his first match because he was sick, tweaked an ankle or something else.  Only his coach's, parents and the team know for sure.  To come on here and make a statement  like that is why so many people give you a rough way to go. 

I was there at Avon when that match happened and was kind of in shock of what happened and watched the video over and over but I also understand that when the ref's call what they call it is what it is.  I love watching McKinley and Malloy both wrestle and think that both of the boys are great kids and should make for another great match under the lights. Who should be ranked 1st and 2nd at this point in the season I would have to go with The Rankings Guy on this one not taking anything away from McKinley.

As for having trouble making weight?  What wrestler has not had trouble making weight and what does that have to do with how well they wrestle anyway????? 

By the way, Malloy had his first match tonight and he looked very well polished.  He got a little careless for just a bit and then just finished it off with a quick pin against a pretty scrappy kid from North Montgomery named Nick Borta which Patrick Parham only beat at Regionals last year 4-3.  He looked like he has started off where he left off last year to me....

WC182Dad, you know that I have been a big backer of you and Dre' for a long time and I hope and pray that he has a great year this year.....Just don't throw comments out there that you don't know are true or not.....If they are true you should keep them to yourself and leave that between the kid, parents and coach's.......

Like you said thats the rankigs guy dec. it dont matter to me I love Jared like my own so Im going to give my thoughts sorry if I offended anyone, Molloy is GREAT as well should be good in the end, this will just push Jared that much harder. Like thats possible:) And Thanks and got ya Ron.

Ill put me 2 cents in. I think Jared will beat Molly again. If you want to go by off season. All Jared does is wrestle all year long. I'm pretty sure he went undefeated at Disney Duals with all pins if im not mistaking. Disney is no joke of a tournament either. Did he also just not win pre-season nationals an win outstanding wrestler? Also I dont know why you guys are always busting WC182DAD balls. He is just on here stating his opinon like the rest of us. When you guys bust his balls for hyping Dre up thats just stupid. He is supporting his KID wounld'nt all of you do the same??? In the end none of are opions or ranking matter cause the real rankings only happen once a year at Conseco.

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

When you guys bust his balls for hyping Dre up thats just stupid. He is supporting his KID wounld'nt all of you do the same???

Uh, no.  Most dads don't talk about their kids on here.  I, for one, had a pretty good wrestler only a couple of years ago and never once mentioned him in a thread on this website.  Wrestling is hard enough. You don't need your dad on a website like this putting a target on your back.  Trust me, when a dad does alot of talking about his kid, many people enjoy it when that kid isn't successful.  Its human nature.  Plus, most people are just too superstitious to brag about their kids accomplishments in a sport like wrestling.  To each their own, however.

Rankings are rankings guys... It doesn't make a difference on the way they perform, there shouldn't be a big deal made about it. The only way we can be SURE who is #1 is seeing who comes out of Conseco with the championship.

Excuse me but the rankings are posted so that people will talk about them and debate who is better. Obviously no one will know who is the best until the end. If you don't like the rankings or don't want to read people complaining about them, then simply don't look at them. And also I do think that the rankings can make a difference in performance for some. If a wrestler sees he is not ranked then he will work harder and harder to become ranked, and if they r ranked low they will work harder and harder to beat kids ranked higher. Thats how they change. Then some wrestlers ranked higher might get too cocky and get beat by someone they should not of lost to.

Ill put me 2 cents in. I think Jared will beat Molly again. If you want to go by off season. All Jared does is wrestle all year long. I'm pretty sure he went undefeated at Disney Duals with all pins if im not mistaking. Disney is no joke of a tournament either. Did he also just not win pre-season nationals an win outstanding wrestler? Also I dont know why you guys are always busting WC182DAD balls. He is just on here stating his opinon like the rest of us. When you guys bust his balls for hyping Dre up thats just stupid. He is supporting his KID wounld'nt all of you do the same??? In the end none of are opions or ranking matter cause the real rankings only happen once a year at Conseco.

Jared is a great wrestler as well as Malloy....I would rather take my chances on beating Phil Helmuth heads up in a Texas Hold em' tournament than bet on this rematch.  As for busting Jason's balls?  If you know him you will like him.  If you judge him without knowing him then you will be wrong.  He and his son are both very nice and respectful guys.  I don't fault him for speaking his mind on here and it is pretty fun stuff.  Jason knows that I mean well for him and Dre'.  Have a great year Andre and see you at Conseco.....

Wanting to point out to you Y2CJ41 that from terre haute south you need to look out for our 132 (Phoenix Adams, 10th), 138 (Danny Henderson, 12th, from Pennsylvania), 145 (Cody Helms, 11th), and definitely our 182/190 (Sam Cook, 12th). The young ones might not impress anyone straight up this year but they should be in your radar. Henderson is a move in that the team just got this summer, and he is a hard worker, I'm told, and very skilled. Then Sam Cook last year was hoping to do well in the tournamnet but honestly choked at sectionals and he has worked all offseason to do any and everything he could to get better (ex. Camps, lifting, running, etc.) and from the people ive talked he has been doing great in the room. They even say he has been "handling" our runner up last year, PJ Montgomery. I didnt mention our 160 Lough because you obviously know who he is by the rankings. I will have a comment for him in that new topic about his weight class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.