Rankings are updated, check them out!

Y2CJ41

I would say that Kral is the winner in that match Iv watched them both over the years and they both have wrestled my son Kral has the size and stregth and wrestling with Shrewsbury his fresh year he knows what it takes to be the champ. Again just my opinion.

Not sure about the matchs between your son, but i do know they have both wrestled  Logan Cooper last year. Karl lost to Logan by 2 points in OT and Kurna beat logan 8 -1  last year.  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JMAC will win know doubt the boy benchs over 250 at his weight he wrestled Kieffer last year and won every match but once I do not think Molloy would beat Josh.. He has problems making weight when Jared is on top of it all, there is NO way Jared will lose that match when or if they wrestle again.

NO way at all? Now that's a VERY bold thing to say.

This sounds like an argument my best friend would make to me on some subect other than wrestling.  My question back to him is always the same: Who got the win and who got the loss?  Think it's kind of odd that, because there is question as to the validity of calls during said match, the person in charge of the rankings is going to disregard the actual outcome of a match (who actually won) and go with whom he thinks should have won.  If something carzy happens in a state finals match (everyone in the crowd can see it but the two refs on the mat missed it for some reason) and the kid who gets crowned champ benefited from said "bad call," will he or won't he be the state champ?  Will there be an asterick next to his name on the IHSAA website?  If this is the support for one wrestler being ranked over another, it's pretty flimsy.  I'd rather hear "I think the other guy is better."  That would be more satifying to me and less open to debate.

As always stated the rankings are NOT a prediction of the exact order on how the wrestlers will finish at Conseco, that is why there are sometimes more than four wrestlers from a semi-state ranked in some weight classes.  That is also why you will occasionally see one wrestler who has beaten another ranked BELOW the wrestler that he beat.  I remember a couple years ago when Andrew Hiesetand was pinned by I believe Austin Chamberlian of Evansville Central where there was an "uproar" on how Chamberlian never got "much respect" for that win.  While 97 out of 100 times the rankings do reflect who won/lost a match in the same order, there are times when you can see the match first hand and know that it was a fluke or that a certain wrestler was the better wrestler.  That is also why in some case a kid will take a loss to a highly ranked wrestler and move UP in the rankings.  

In this particular case you can watch the video firsthand and with it being freestyle you can isolate the one period.  This is not some random close call on the out of bounds this was a period that Molloy should have been at the very least up 5-0.  This is not just my opinion on the scoring of the match, but also the opinion of a few officials that were surveyed.  

YES NO WAY Molloy beats JMAC!!!!!! In a school wrestling setting let alone summer wrestling all that should matter who WON the match when they wrestled.

Then feel free to do your own rankings, we all know who will be #1 at 182 don't we?

The rankings have been extremely accurate over the past three years because they take into account more than just who won or lost the match.

Knura wrestled Coop his junior year, Ty KRAL wrestled Coops Senior year. Logan improved alot in that year.

The match between Knura and Cooper happed around December 04, 2010 witch would make it the first semester of coopers senior year. And the score was 8-1 in favor of Knura  

Quote from: WC182Dad on Today at 11:12:28 AM

YES NO WAY Molloy beats JMAC!!!!!! In a school wrestling setting let alone summer wrestling all that should matter who WON the match when they wrestled.

Then feel free to do your own rankings, we all know who will be #1 at 182 don't we?

The rankings have been extremely accurate over the past three years because they take into account more than just who won or lost the match.

Based on that, Dre SHOULD b ranked higgher.  2x SSq.  just sayin.

As always stated the rankings are NOT a prediction of the exact order on how the wrestlers will finish at Conseco, that is why there are sometimes more than four wrestlers from a semi-state ranked in some weight classes.  That is also why you will occasionally see one wrestler who has beaten another ranked BELOW the wrestler that he beat.  I remember a couple years ago when Andrew Hiesetand was pinned by I believe Austin Chamberlian of Evansville Central where there was an "uproar" on how Chamberlian never got "much respect" for that win.  While 97 out of 100 times the rankings do reflect who won/lost a match in the same order, there are times when you can see the match first hand and know that it was a fluke or that a certain wrestler was the better wrestler.  That is also why in some case a kid will take a loss to a highly ranked wrestler and move UP in the rankings.  

In this particular case you can watch the video firsthand and with it being freestyle you can isolate the one period.  This is not some random close call on the out of bounds this was a period that Molloy should have been at the very least up 5-0.  This is not just my opinion on the scoring of the match, but also the opinion of a few officials that were surveyed.  

I get it Y2.  I just think it would have been better to state that, in RG's opinion, he believed him to be the better wrestler.  Leave the freestyle match out of it altogether as support for reasoning.

So explain to me again how someone who has never finished higher than 5th in the state jump 30lbs. and be ranked #1 over a guy who finished 3rd or 4th in the weight class below last year?  I am honestly not complaining, but I just want to know your reasoning behind that.

So explain to me again how someone who has never finished higher than 5th in the state jump 30lbs. and be ranked #1 over a guy who finished 3rd or 4th in the weight class below last year?  I am honestly not complaining, but I just want to know your reasoning behind that.

Do a search in the forum using the name and you will find your answers... It was already brought up...

I get it Y2.  I just think it would have been better to state that, in RG's opinion, he believed him to be the better wrestler.  Leave the freestyle match out of it altogether as support for reasoning.

And then someone will say.. "Well McKinley beat him at freestyle state" and we are back to where we are right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.