Jason T vs Alex T which brother was better?

Jayruss

I didn't get to see alex wrestle in high school but I doubt he could be better than his little brother, your thoughts?

It's hard to imagine, but I think Alex may have been a more dominant high school wrestler.  However, Jason is tougher on top and his big wins so far in his career (in state and nationally) outweigh his brother's slightly to this same point in their age progressions.

I didn't get to see alex wrestle in high school but I doubt he could be better than his little brother, your thoughts?

Alex without question is the more explosive and athletic of the two, Alex's quick twitch is off the charts. Alex may have had more tech at the same age. But it's hard to imagin a more polished HS wrestler than Jason at this point. Both have a will and determination that is of the charts. In a match I still give a slight edge to Alex at this point. I'd hate to have to live on the difference.

Tiny T-shirts -  I think he will have a better college career. I think da family learned allot from Alex's college experiance.

Would you care to expand?  What did they learn from Alex's experience that will improve Jason's odds at the next level?

From someone that only see's them wrestle at the state meet, I have to say that Alex ,IMO, was much better than Jason.

Jason has lost. Alex did not....EVER...... in high school

Jason is Good, but he is not yet at Alex's level

and thats not a shot at J...Alex was,is, and  will always be the greatest High School wrestler in Indiana history

I mean dont you guys remember the clinics that Alex gave......to EVERYONE

Just my opinion

Idk if I would call him the greatest high school wrestler in Indiana History...that is a very tall order. I agree that he is def in the top 3 but not sure I would say best. I think that Alex would beat Jason hands down though

I have see both wrestle and have seen both wrestle on the national level.  In folkstyle, I think Alex was better on his feet.  Jason is better on bottom.  They were both real good on top.  Alex seemed to dominate his opponents more up to this point in their career (after Junior year),  i know that is hard to believe but he did IMO.  Senior year in high school, Alex had some close score matches (never was in danger).  English's matches were always 3-7 points, and Marty Engwall from Providince in Illinois had him on his back.  Alex was amazing on his feet.  Alex had some unfortunate luck as well at Fargo.  Metcalf and Schlatter were in his wt classes Jr and Senior year.  His Senior year he could have went 140 but went 145 instead to face Metcalf.  Both great but I feel Alex would have won a match if both Juniors in High school.

I think what Jason will learn is to redshirt his freshman year.  I really think Alex would have benefitted from a redshirt.  Alex seemed to have some mental lapses in college matches.  Will be interesting to see what wt class Jason will go in college, I always thought Alex was small for 141, but the cut to 133 was probably too much.

I think Jason wins fargo this year.  Only person at 135 or 140 I see beating him is Stieber.  I even think he would win a rematch against Ormsbee.

From someone that only see's them wrestle at the state meet, I have to say that Alex ,IMO, was much better than Jason.

Jason has lost. Alex did not....EVER...... in high school

Jason is Good, but he is not yet at Alex's level

and thats not a shot at J...Alex was,is, and  will always be the greatest High School wrestler in Indiana history

I mean dont you guys remember the clinics that Alex gave......to EVERYONE

Just my opinion

I think Lance Ellis might have the top spot as best High School wrestler in Indiana history. He was a pinning machine! If you go back to the Toe to Joe interview with the Kieffer twins they still to this day said he is a beast in the room!!

It sucks to say it (b/c i have a little brother ;D ) but the little brothers get such a huge advantage from competing with their older brother and learning from them. In my opinion be grateful if you have an older brother thats going to push you, beat on you, and compete with you because it only is gonna make you better. On that note watching Jason will be great in college because of his older brother.

The match that sticks out in my mind the most was Jason's domination of Quiroga his freshman year at state.  I think most people thought Quiroga would win and if Jason did win it would be close, but he dominated him. Quiroga went on to get second at Senior Nationals and first at Junior Nationals.  I really don't remember Alex beating someone of that caliber until later in his career.  I only got to see Alex in person his senior year and he was very dominant.  Jason is very dominant also, but in a different manner.  I remember Alex was very flashy and was more of a finesse wrestler than Jason is.

Either way, both are great wrestlers and great ambassadors for the sport in Indiana.

I think Lance Ellis might have the top spot as best High School wrestler in Indiana history. He was a pinning machine! If you go back to the Toe to Joe interview with the Kieffer twins they still to this day said he is a beast in the room!!

I would hope that Lance would beat the keiffers guy wrestled at IU. I would say Alex is better at this point in high school

except the Wienzaphal match I Can't remember him even having another close match.

Alex was a technician and controlled his matches from the start. Jason is more patient and calm in demeanor(sp?). They are both real good at what they do. I do also feel that Jason will learn from Alex and will have a more successful college career. Nothing against Alex. I had a chance to see Lance wrestle and Alex and I think that Alex was a better wrestler. My opinion not to take anything away from Lance he was great also.

The match that sticks out in my mind the most was Jason's domination of Quiroga his freshman year at state.  I think most people thought Quiroga would win and if Jason did win it would be close, but he dominated him. Quiroga went on to get second at Senior Nationals and first at Junior Nationals.  I really don't remember Alex beating someone of that caliber until later in his career.  I only got to see Alex in person his senior year and he was very dominant.  Jason is very dominant also, but in a different manner.  I remember Alex was very flashy and was more of a finesse wrestler than Jason is.

Either way, both are great wrestlers and great ambassadors for the sport in Indiana.

Correct me if Im wrong cause I wasnt there but I did see it on internet but it didnt seem like he dominated him, I thought he won from a caution point

I would say that Jason is a better wrestler to an extent.  Alex it seemed like really didn't have to much of a fear with his offense, while Jason I have noticed tends to be less aggressive against the stiffer competition.  If anyone was at the Merrillville semi-state and at the state finals, they should know what I mean.

As far as wrestling at the next level goes, I think Jason is about two years ahead of Alex. Alex never really wrestled from ties or focused much on controlling ties and breaking his opponent's position until his senior year. Learning to manufacture points from the ties and work within that heavy handed style is a HUGE KEY to being successful in college. I also think Jason is better on top and bottom at this point. Alex REALLY struggled badly on bottom for awhile at Iowa. Strangely enough, I'd bet my money on Alex (Junior vs Junior) in a match. He was just so explosive and crafty at the time. Jason's style the last couple years reminds me of where Alex was his senior year. The kid reminds me of Metcalf a little. Very talented in the push/pull game, controls the ties well, and finds ways to score consistently from nearly every position.

I would say that Jason is a better wrestler to an extent.  Alex it seemed like really didn't have to much of a fear with his offense, while Jason I have noticed tends to be less aggressive against the stiffer competition.  If anyone was at the Merrillville semi-state and at the state finals, they should know what I mean.

r u kidding me? he smashed pj montgomery from the very beginning!

r u kidding me? he smashed pj montgomery from the very beginning!

No, I'm not kidding.  Tsirtsis was either going to get the tech on Wartman or the fall in the 2nd period.  Wartman had a OT match with Montgomery at state. Tsirtsis was starting to become more confident at the end of his match with Montgomery.  Just saying he tends to be less aggressive against better guys.

Would you care to expand?  What did they learn from Alex's experience that will improve Jason's odds at the next level?

1) Redshirt the freshman year of college

2) Go to a program that is more condusive to his wrestling style

3) Be a better mat wrestler/ Alex was great on his feet - not that good on the bottom

4) I don't think jason wrestled as much when he was young/ alex really looked burned out to me

5) the oppertunity to be around high level wrestlers at a young age/ jason spent some time wit alex in iowa city

I would say Alex. Watching both of them the biggest difference i notice is when they wrestle neutral. Jason looks like he loves to snap a wrestler into a front head and score from there (which he is incredible at) but watching alex i feel like he was so good neutral that him getting stuck in a front head would be a rare scenario.. I would give the advantage to Alex due to neutral wrestling ability.

In my opinion the best high school wrestler in Indiana History is Andrew Howe.  He wrestled fantastic competition and probably would have been a four time had he wrestled anyone else in the finals beside the amazing Senior Reece Humphrey.  Also, the only individual to tech is way through state his junior year and almost repeated the feat his senior year I believe. 

But to stay on topic I am going to go with Alex.  However, I do not want to take away anything from Jason since he definitely did not avoid competition and dethroned at that time Indiana's best pound for pound wrestler in Cashe Quiroga in the semi's; but both are amazing wrestlers and deserve tons of respect.

I think that Alex peaked earlier than Jason.  I think I remember seeing from National results that Alex had more success before HS.  Alex was better as a Freshman,  and better as a Sophmore as well.  Junior vs. Junior is a draw in my opinion, but I see next year's Jason being better than Senior year Alex.  Overall, I agree with those that are saying that Alex was better on his feet, at least from an offensive standpoint, but Jason is probably on the mat than Alex was until well into his college career.  I will give Jason huge props for beating Quiroga, but in Alex's defense, he wouldn't have lost to Napules like Jason did. 

In my opinion the best high school wrestler in Indiana History is Andrew Howe.  He wrestled fantastic competition and probably would have been a four time had he wrestled anyone else in the finals beside the amazing Senior Reece Humphrey.  Also, the only individual to tech is way through state his junior year and almost repeated the feat his senior year I believe. 

But to stay on topic I am going to go with Alex.  However, I do not want to take away anything from Jason since he definitely did not avoid competition and dethroned at that time Indiana's best pound for pound wrestler in Cashe Quiroga in the semi's; but both are amazing wrestlers and deserve tons of respect.

I agree about the mauler being the best !! Lets hope he comes out of this injury with flyin colors !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.