Most Career Matches Against An Opponent

Revin Dickman and Nate Rioux have wrestled 11 times now if I’m correct?

May need @TeamGarcia to help on this one, but I’m pretty sure Asa and Ty Mills wrestled over a dozen times in high school?

Does anyone have numbers for a match-up that took place 5+ times? 10+ even?

2 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Revin Dickman and Nate Rioux have wrestled 11 times now if I’m correct?

May need @TeamGarcia to help on this one, but I’m pretty sure Asa and Ty Mills wrestled over a dozen times in high school?

Does anyone have numbers for a match-up that took place 5+ times? 10+ even?

Pretty sure it is 12 times.

2x duals Avon vs BBurg

2x Conference 

2x Sectionals

2xRegionals

2xSemi-State

2x State Finals

This is also just for HS. 

Man we talked about it on gorilla Radio a couple weeks ago @Mr. RIght my Brother Tony wrestled Alex Tsirtsis a bunch we saw Griffith at the harvest classic. Triacoff, a Dual, conferences duals, Individual conference, lake county Tournament, and Griffith was in our sectional. Alex Went 256-0 soooo Tony didn’t win many of them 

Just now, ontherise219 said:

Man we talked about it on gorilla Radio a couple weeks ago @Mr. RIght my Brother Tony wrestled Alex Tsirtsis a bunch we saw Griffith at the harvest classic. Triacoff, a Dual, conferences duals, Individual conference, lake county Tournament, and Griffith was in our sectional. Alex Went 256-0 soooo Tony didn’t win many of them 

This was back to back years 

Garcia vs Mills 10x times I believe . With Ty winning probably 70% of the HS matches . Ty and Asa was similar paths to Revin & Nate wrestled each other since grade school, trained at the same Academy and was friends off the mat. Knew each very well . Asa only wrestled Ty once at State in the Semi Finals . Asa winning 8-1 . That was their last match ever . 

Ray Rioux and Drake Campbell; total of 10 HS matches:  7 matches freshmen year (2016-2017) at 106.  Three matches the following year at 120.

Add Logan Boe to the same mix, not sure how many Boe v Rioux matches occurred, but 8 between Logan and Drake.

All three were in the same county (back when we did a Hendricks county tournament) and they went through the same sectional.  All three were 4x state placers, so they saw one or the other just about every weekend their first two years

7 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Their match at 2016 Harvest Classic was a classic.

2 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Those Dudes went to War when they wrestled 

What about Bradbury/Ramos? I think they saw each other 7 times in one year? I can't remember about other years?

Jace Bullins from Wabash and Brayden Raber from Maconaquah. 8 times these two have squared off over the course of the last 3 years, some close and some dominate battles, all won by Raber. We would've seen more at conference, sectionals, and possibly regionsls this year had Jace Bullins not had a tear in his calf.

14 hours ago, Penn04 said:

Didn’t Camden Eppert and Brandon Wright meet a ton of times? Or am I off base because every match was memorable?? 

I know of at least 9... They met in Regional, Semi-State, and State Championship matches 3 years in a row

Depends if they wrestled each other through the regular season or not...

Drew Hildebrandt and Jake Sinkovics met 6 times in 2012-13 alone (dual, conference, sectional, regional, SS, and State). Also, they missed each other by one match at Al Smith. 

I think Gleason Mappes and Burk Van Horn wrestled the same weight a couple of consecutive years.  They would've seen each other at the Johnson Co Tournament and the state tournament several times as they both went to the Mooresville Sectional.  I wish I had the specifics but they could've wrestled 9-10 times.

Brandon Johnson vs Devin Kendrex have had many battles over the years. Including offseason tournaments it has to be upwards of 15+ times. Still very lopsided in Devin Kendrex favor but the gap closed a little this year. 

On 2/21/2024 at 4:57 AM, NavyGonzo said:

I know of at least 9... They met in Regional, Semi-State, and State Championship matches 3 years in a row

Depends if they wrestled each other through the regular season or not...

I know that they were both at the Cathedral duals for at least one year, but I was out of town and was not there to know if they wrestled each other or if one of them was moved up a weight class for one reason or the other. I know that my son wrestled each of them that day, my wife handed her phone to another dad and he called the matches for me. 

On 2/20/2024 at 11:51 AM, Clan Campbell said:

Ray Rioux and Drake Campbell; total of 10 HS matches:  7 matches freshmen year (2016-2017) at 106.  Three matches the following year at 120.

Add Logan Boe to the same mix, not sure how many Boe v Rioux matches occurred, but 8 between Logan and Drake.

All three were in the same county (back when we did a Hendricks county tournament) and they went through the same sectional.  All three were 4x state placers, so they saw one or the other just about every weekend their first two years

I guess I wasn't tracking the Hendricks County tournament no longer existed. I can see the argument against it. Just a fond memory, I suppose. 

Wild to think there was a time and place where all the Hendricks County schools were matched up in football for a "Day at the Dome" in the 90's.

Don't have exact numbers but LC and LN used to see each other a ton.

I had the pleasure of getting beat by Reece Humphrey and Zack Aspling dozens of times.

Super dual against LN

Marion County

LN LC rivalry dual

Sectionals

Regionals

Semi state

Perry Meridian as well lost to Walpole a bunch

Perry Quin super dual

County

Conference

Semistate

State

Senior year was 36-13--not 100% but think these were the losses

Lost to Walpole at dual, conference, semi state and state

Aspling dual, county, sectionals, regionals, semi state

Goble BS dual, conference and beat him friday night

Angel Escobedo at Hobart Invitational

Wes Kief for 3/4

Edited by The Professor Morgan

On 2/21/2024 at 9:04 AM, DogPound75 said:

Jason Terry and Marlin Stewart wrestled a bunch of times in the early 90’s. I remember enjoying those matches!! They always went at it! 

I was gonna say that. State tourney for two years in a row from sectional on and 2 other tourneys together (Spartan Classic and North Central Invite). I think Marlin got him only one time.