Crown Point State weekend

4 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

For all of you guys keeping receipts on what I am guessing is a kid who is shaking up the board.
Do you think Crown Points coaches are going to keep these receipts and comments for if/when they are back on top. 

Coach Hawkins sent me a text this morning asking us to Ban @DawgPoundRed I’ll talk to Joe about it but I am not for censorship unless it’s something really offensive and not someone bragging on their squad 

everyone is celebrating CP failure and trying to minimize Brownsburg success. Cp didn’t lose a title The burg took that thing with 2 studs working on 4 titles, and if the rumor mill is correct they are adding another one 

real question 

how many people who are all worked up would take CP state finals this year(9 medals, a champ, a runner up, 12 qualifiers) for Their programs next 5 years? 

As a proud Calumet Alumni I would take that. 

we will announce on the state recap show what we decided 

No ban should be had for Dawgpound. He said what he thought. Had crown point down even 3/4s of what he said it wouldn’t have blown up like it did. Just a person loving his team. Also Dawgpound did seem to be a good sport in his post regarding what was happing during the tournament. I also agree I was on my way to say this exact thing every program in the state would love to do what crown point did this year every year. 

20 hours ago, HWTDAD said:

Just an incredible race. I am sure there has never been one with 3 teams that tight.

20 hours ago, HWTDAD said:

Just an incredible race. I am sure there has never been one with 3 teams that tight.

I tell you what I just saw and no one has brought this up is the -1 point for unsportsmanlike conduct against both teams in the runner race.... CP on Friday night @ 285 for dropping his straps on the mat I never saw this on the broadcast and then against Coach Curry in the semi's @120 During the Jendreas /LaRocca match when a stall was called and Curry mentioned to the ref that he let them wrestle. He was hit with an unsportsmanlike. Considering there was a .5 point difference between their scores for Runner up at the end is just crazy. 

59 minutes ago, buttler73 said:

I tell you what I just saw and no one has brought this up is the -1 point for unsportsmanlike conduct against both teams in the runner race.... CP on Friday night @ 285 for dropping his straps on the mat I never saw this on the broadcast and then against Coach Curry in the semi's @120 During the Jendreas /LaRocca match when a stall was called and Curry mentioned to the ref that he let them wrestle. He was hit with an unsportsmanlike. Considering there was a .5 point difference between their scores for Runner up at the end is just crazy. 

Add to that, wasn’t it LaRocca who held off doing a backflip in the finals? That saved point got them a trophy

On 2/17/2024 at 3:01 PM, TeamGarcia said:

He’s a fan of his squad . We all said some FANdom stuff over the years on this site. I’m Notorious for it for #TheCounty as well as others on their various schools . Great weekend of wrestling action . 

If he’s a real diehard poster he or she will comeback and eat some delicious black bird . That’s on them though. 

DONT ban a loyal fan . A loyal fan of his or her School . A loyal fan that Loves their community and is CP Proud. 

DPR cameback and said they was sad, I felt his emotions with that meme . Poor poster was in disbelief. 

Hell, do what you guys did to us in #TheCounty with hashtaging everything on this site . Censorship ! 

Save @DawgPoundRed 

SAVE US LOYAL FANS ! 
POSTER POSTS MATTER ! 

On 2/16/2024 at 9:51 PM, jcs12402 said:

CP has definitely recruited a fine team from far and wide, but at the expense of all the hometowns where those kids came from. 

I think the CP recruiters, I mean boosters, forgot which Bulldogs they were recruiting for.  

On 2/17/2024 at 2:17 PM, D Summar said:

Crown Point might of crapped the bed, but I would still rather go to school and live there than Seymour or Fort Wayne.  At least they have something to build off for next year, as they are this years team dual state champions and won it the past two years.  

So having a wrestling team with promise is your primary concern when choosing a residence?

On 2/17/2024 at 3:55 PM, D Summar said:

I thought the same, but I do think that they all learned a big lesson of that bullseye on their back was real and nobody was going to just give it to them.  I do believe they will come back stronger next year with their eyes wide open, wrestling to score and not wrestling the clock. 

Hopefully they learned a lesson in humility 

On 2/17/2024 at 3:17 PM, D Summar said:

Crown Point might of crapped the bed, but I would still rather go to school and live there than Seymour or Fort Wayne.  At least they have something to build off for next year, as they are this years team dual state champions and won it the past two years.  

So Fort Wayne doesn’t have anything to build off of? Fort Wayne and the surrounding area are some of the most livable places in the country. Great schools with great communities.  List of small towns in our semi-state more than any other.  The wrestling is getting better with The Fort/ Indiana Tech and many smaller clubs raising their level.  Why don’t want you over here.  I remember when the shoe was on the other foot and you would beg the gods to draw Merrillville Semi-State. This stuff goes in cycles and it may just be our turn soon.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

So Fort Wayne doesn’t have anything to build off of? Fort Wayne and the surrounding area are some of the most livable places in the country. Great schools with great communities.  List of small towns in our semi-state more than any other.  The wrestling is getting better with The Fort/ Indiana Tech and many smaller clubs raising their level.  Why don’t want you over here.  I remember when the shoe was on the other foot and you would beg the gods to draw Merrillville Semi-State. This stuff goes in cycles and it may just be our turn soon.

I wasn’t saying it as you want to interpret, you guys are the ones that want to try and diminish Crown Point.  Congratulations to Fort Wayne on their recent success, I’m just saying what is going on at Crown Point within their city with its growth is something to see.  Like I said, I moved out of Crown Point 18 years ago and it’s changed significantly.  We have a boom in Northwest Indiana that we can’t keep up with, everyone is moving here from Illinois.  While Crown Point was a small city, it’s not going to be any longer with all the open fields turning into businesses and subdivisions.  

8 hours ago, Keepitlegal said:

So having a wrestling team with promise is your primary concern when choosing a residence?

That community is, I grew up in Crown Point but went to Merrillville.  Crown Point is booming and they invest a lot into their community with their parks, youth sports complexes, their schools, even their YMCA is top tier.  If raising a family and trying to choose a community that invest into its youth, I would choose Crown Point.  

17 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

For all of you guys keeping receipts on what I am guessing is a kid who is shaking up the board.
Do you think Crown Points coaches are going to keep these receipts and comments for if/when they are back on top. 

Coach Hawkins sent me a text this morning asking us to Ban @DawgPoundRed I’ll talk to Joe about it but I am not for censorship unless it’s something really offensive and not someone bragging on their squad 

everyone is celebrating CP failure and trying to minimize Brownsburg success. Cp didn’t lose a title The burg took that thing with 2 studs working on 4 titles, and if the rumor mill is correct they are adding another one 

real question 

how many people who are all worked up would take CP state finals this year(9 medals, a champ, a runner up, 12 qualifiers) for Their programs next 5 years? 

As a proud Calumet Alumni I would take that. 

we will announce on the state recap show what we decided 

I took the weekend to reflect and I thought about apologizing. 

But after reading all of the posts from posters who probably represent teams that didn't even place top 10 I will not apologize. If I get banned that's fine I'll make another name and come back stronger.

We will be cheering on our Dogs who will be trying to all american and win national championship  at all levels college. All of the haters good luck supporting all of the talent your programs are putting at the next level

Congratulations to brownsburg and center grove it was only the 3 of us that could have won this weekend 

To everyone else: we will rebuild and grow from this but this weekend made me realize more then ever 

CP vs everyone! just like it has always been 

No one out works us. 

Edited by DawgPoundRed

5 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

But after reading all of the posts from posters who probably represent teams that didn't even place top 10 I will not apologize. If I get banned that's fine I'll make another name and come back stronger.

We will be cheering on our Dogs who will be trying to all american and win national championship  at all levels college. All of the haters good luck supporting all of the talent your programs are putting at the next level

Congratulations to brownsburg and center grove it was only the 3 of us that could have won this weekend 

To everyone else: we will rebuild and grow from this but this weekend made me realize more then ever 

No one out works us. 

I don't think you need to apologize to us.  Nor do i think you should be banned.  You may want to wait to party until after the dance. And not call out whole areas before hand who said nothing about you or the Red Dogs.  My first year on here I claimed that my son's high school would get 3 medalist  5 state qualifiers and 3 ticket rounders.  We got 2 qualifiers 1 placer and a ticket rounder,  I made these claims based on the fact that i coached them in the offseason. Boy did I get it from the forum.  So I feel your pain.  The best thing to do is just support and defend your guys.  Let's not put the cart before the horse.

28 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

No one out works us. 

It’s always been EMD vs the world. Still is

I’d say the only problem the OP had was getting the cart before the horse.  Strong CP supporter but perhaps a little too enthusiastic this time.  CP already had a bullseye on their back (for good reason, they are a great team).  No need to put a spotlight on it.

Second, hate in a public forum typically points toward excellence and success.  CP should embrace the vitriol bc it shows that they are doing things right to be successful.  Bburg gets it too and should give that hate and nitpicking a big hug bc people are envious of success.  People have hated Cathedral for years bc of the success of the program.  Throw EMD into that group as well.

Edited by Bag of Hammers

People can look at it as CP blew it, but why not look at it as the state of Indiana is strong as a whole. The talent levels over the past decade has exploded in our state, and we are seeing it in the national and college level as well. 

46 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

No one out works us. 

I have an ol’saying on this forum .

“Sometimes you gotta say things to make them remember you by .” 

Welcome to The Notorious Club ! 

You … TeamGarcia 

the dark knight joker GIF 
on here . 

We dont have any plans on what we say . We just SAY IT ! 

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

on bring out the best in Indianamat Posters . 

Notorious ! 

58 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

No one out works us. 

Nobody cares if you apologize, your opinion on an online forum just isn't that important.  I don't think you should get banned, you have as much right to talk as the rest of us.  Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, DawgPoundRed said:

No one out works us. 

Well…except BB and CP that is 😂😂