Most Memorable Pinfalls in the Postseason

Geoff Bennett Mater Dei decent wrestler pinned first two kids at semi state and first round at state with spladdle. Can’t remember who he pinned but they where all higher seeds then him.

57 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Geoff Bennett Mater Dei decent wrestler pinned first two kids at semi state and first round at state with spladdle. Can’t remember who he pinned but they where all higher seeds then him.

Bennett Kempf was his name. And one of them was Dylan Lydy in the ticket round at semi state

31 minutes ago, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

Bennett Kempf was his name. And one of them was Dylan Lydy in the ticket round at semi state

That’s right it was awesome 

On 1/19/2024 at 4:26 PM, Ahawkeye said:

Chris Wildeman over Richie Diggs (sp?) for the state championship, Craig Weinzapfel had Alex Tsirtsis plastered to the mat but the ref wouldn't call it. Not a pin but when Brandon Cox had Josh Crick on his back in the 1994 Sectional Championship match the roof came off of the gym at MD. That single moment is the loudest I have ever heard that place, Cox won the match due to that move but did not get the pin. Long and interesting story on that one but maybe for another time.

no video, audio only.  if you do not have an appetite, forward to overtime.  listen to the announcer and the market place arena crowd

On 1/20/2024 at 9:14 AM, hogleg said:

That was Jared Dunn from Princeton.  Don't forget he pulled magic out of a hat the very next round with another headlock when he was down 11-0 to punch his ticket.

I do remember that.  Dunn was performing some serious magic that day.

1 hour ago, greco165 said:

I just vividly remember Jankoswki getting stuck with a neck wrench

I was at that match, MD crowd was silent. Then the Cats came roaring back and capping it off with the pin at HWT. By Dave Hisch. A very interesting day, I think Danny Jankowski beat the state champ that day too.

Edited by Ahawkeye

3 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

I was at that match, MD crowd was silent. Then the Cats came roaring back and capping it off with the pin at HWT. By Dave Hisch. A very interesting day, I think Danny Jankowski beat the state champ that day too.

Frankie Debusk slop drop. He’s now Hobart assistant girls coach. 

4 hours ago, greco165 said:

I just vividly remember Jankoswki getting stuck with a neck wrench

5 hours ago, Christopher Bohn said:

I do remember that.  Dunn was performing some serious magic that day.

Dunn then again in the semifinals while trailing McFeeley of Cascade pulled out another headlock for the win. 

40 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

Frankie Debusk slop drop. He’s now Hobart assistant girls coach. 

Call it what you want, Dave is a hell of a nice guy. That day was just his day, I'm sure Hobart was sure they'd win that match. I'm sure it was disappointing, just part of history now.

4 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

One of those heavier weights won by spladle, I thought that was pretty awesome seeing a big guy hit one

47 minutes ago, greco165 said:

One of those heavier weights won by spladle, I thought that was pretty awesome seeing a big guy hit one

Can't remember who that was or if you're even talking about MD but there were a couple of brothers that could hit one from anywhere. Unfried was the name Tony and Thomas, great family. Might be Tony that hit that one.

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Can't remember who that was or if you're even talking about MD but there were a couple of brothers that could hit one from anywhere. Unfried was the name Tony and Thomas, great family. Might be Tony that hit that one.

Yep, that sounds right, Tony Unfried

On 2/20/2023 at 5:09 PM, Penn04 said:

On 1/19/2024 at 3:46 PM, Tcarter said:

I think when Mendez got headlocked was the loudest I've ever heard Bankers Life.

I would have to say Shane Perkey putting Angel Escobedo on his back was the loudest I have personally ever heard it.

Edited by combatspeed06
(quoted irrelevant thread)

On 1/19/2024 at 3:48 PM, Thor said:

Joe Lee pinning Brandon James has got to be up there in my time going to state. And then Tommy Cash pinning Joe Lee in the finals. 

Still one of the loudest times I have heard that place...

#BringBackTheTights

On 1/23/2024 at 8:52 AM, combatspeed06 said:

I would have to say Shane Perkey putting Angel Escobedo on his back was the loudest I have personally ever heard it.

Putting him to his back is putting it mildly. Perk about ripped his head off! 👏🏼😎