Semi-State Upsets and Key Matches!

navy80

Just now, richyy253 said:

I wouldn’t call 4 take downs a back and forth match, Glenn seemed in control of the match.

Call it what you want.  But it was a close match at the very least.  It was 3-2 at the end of the 1st, 4-4 at the end of the 2nd.  Kelby let him up to start the 3rd, so he was down 5-4 in the 3rd.  Then a TD and escape made it 6-6.  A takedown with 4 seconds left for the win.  

Seeming in control of a match doesn't mean it's not close.  Maybe back and forth was the wrong words, but I stand by it.  

Just now, SWINfan said:

I thought they ultimately got it right, if you're referring to Vanover - Mills.  Defintely not smooth, with reversing the call.  

I saw it as 1 escape to put it in OT.  I understand no reversal.  Vanover had total loss of control.  Mills could have just stood up to 100% take it out of refs hands

1 minute ago, SWINfan said:

I thought they ultimately got it right, if you're referring to Vanover - Mills.  Defintely not smooth, with reversing the call.  

Thought there may have been an escape at least to tie it up.  Close call

4 minutes ago, nk140 said:

I saw it as 1 escape to put it in OT.  I understand no reversal.  Vanover had total loss of control.  Mills could have just stood up to 100% take it out of refs hands

I'm going to go watch it again now.  I thought he still had a leg, which typically holds control.  

Just now, SWINfan said:

I'm going to go watch it again now.  I thought he still had a leg, which typically holds control.  

I mean at the end he may have but it is away of the camera.  Mills kept going for the reversal instead of just getting 1 for escape.

1 minute ago, SWINfan said:

Just watched it again.  Hard to see from the angle we had.  I thought (assumed) he reached out and grabbed his near leg as Mills spun around.  I don't know the technical side of the rule so you may be right.  I thought loss of control wouldn't occur until after the move is complete, aka the spin out and if Vanover grabbed a leg he would have maintained control.  I can certainly see the argument the other way.  

2 minutes ago, nk140 said:

I mean at the end he may have but it is away of the camera.  Mills kept going for the reversal instead of just getting 1 for escape.

See my reply above.  Goes right along with this.  I guess my thinking is if time weren't running out, they'd have let them keep wrestling before awarding the escape (or reversal if it turned into that).  But again, I don't know the technical side of the rule.

8 minutes ago, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

Vanover was holding a peterson. Imo that is not loss of control

I think the controversy is was there at least an escape?  He did get away and turned to face him but there may not have been separation.  Could have gone either way IMO.  Good match either way.

1 minute ago, Grover said:

Where can I find team scores?

Track Wrestling....  looking for anything in particular?   Here is the top 10

Team Season Team Abbr Count Points
1   Center Grove  Center Grove, IN (GET) CG 12 130.0
2   Brownsburg  Brownsburg, IN (GET) Bbrg 10 113.5
3   Tell City  Tell City, IN (GET) TC 8 50.5
4   Evansville Mater Dei  Evansville Mater Dei, IN (GET) EMD 11 49.5
5   Avon  Avon, IN (GET) AVON 5 39.5
6   Bloomington South  Bloomington South, IN (GET) BS 7 31.0
7   Columbus East  Columbus East, IN (GET) CE 10 30.0
8   Floyd Central   Floyd Central , IN (GET) FC 5 23.0
9   Whiteland Community  Whiteland Community, IN (GET) WHCO 5 22.5
10   Cascade  Cascade, IN (GET) CA 4 22.0
10   Heritage Hills  Heritage Hills, IN (GET) HH 10 22.0

4 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Looks like Thornton got choked out and the ref didn't notice and neither did Ison.

Seems like to me they would hold up wrestling on the other mat.  I get finishing the match in progress, but starting another just seems odd to me.  

EMT's just brought a stretcher onto the mat.  Hope he can recover quickly.