Best/Most Accomplished wrestler During and After HS to come out of Indiana is?

HCman

In my opinion, give me the guy that beat Kyle Dake and has taken periods (in the old format) from arguably the greatest American wrestler ever. The hand fighting that Andrew Howe would give to opponents made me feel tired, just watching it. I think Howe is the best to come out of Indiana, and to me, its not very close.

56 minutes ago, QuinnHarris said:

He did what he had to do. He’s on an Olympic team the others aren’t. You can’t take anything away from him for taking an opportunity and making the most of it! 

Don't get me wrong - wrestling for an Olympic team is unbelievable - BUT, BUT, if you're comparing best vs. best ....I don't know, taking the easy route to making the team ....seems like it would be a black-eye when making the argument

1 hour ago, maligned said:

I agree with this too in general. There's no arguing he has an easier path to competition opportunities--but he's taken advantage of those opportunities to be consistently a 5th placer or medalist at Euros and worlds. Forget Indiana, American 57/61kg reps as a nation couldn't claim Micic's consistent high-level results before Gilman for the prior 15+ years.

Alex Dolley also did this with Ireland I believe, but as @malignedstated no Americans have seen success at 57/61KG for America in the recent past! 

Micic college career is also very touted and he is a 3x State Champion in HS.

To add to all of this he is still in his 20s and still competing!

1 hour ago, jets said:

Don't get me wrong - wrestling for an Olympic team is unbelievable - BUT, BUT, if you're comparing best vs. best ....I don't know, taking the easy route to making the team ....seems like it would be a black-eye when making the argument

So if you're top 3 in the WORLD and have the opportunity to wrestle for another country so that you don't have to go through the insane process of making a US olympic team you wouldn't bypass that?

3 hours ago, jets said:

He literally is a World Bronze Medalist

55 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

He literally is a World Bronze Medalist

That is AWESOME!!!! 

Again though - if we are comparing best vs. best (which wasn't that the purpose of this thread?) - I don't think you can reference the World medals in your argument and not at least acknowledge the fact he kind of "gamed" the system to that route

Andrew Howe stuck behind Burroughs

Kyle Dake stuck behind Burroughs (for a while)

Synder stuck behind Cox (maybe one cycle?)

Fix loses to Gilman and vice-versa

A lot of these guys could have more world medals if wrestling for another Country. They choose (or weren't able to) go that route. 

18 hours ago, jets said:

That is AWESOME!!!! 

Again though - if we are comparing best vs. best (which wasn't that the purpose of this thread?) - I don't think you can reference the World medals in your argument and not at least acknowledge the fact he kind of "gamed" the system to that route

A lot of these guys could have more world medals if wrestling for another Country. They choose (or weren't able to) go that route. 

Snyder wasn't stuck behind Cox.

Taylor was stuck behind Burroughs and then Cox for a cycle

19 hours ago, jets said:

That is AWESOME!!!! 

1 hour ago, ReformedPoster said:

Snyder wasn't stuck behind Cox.

Taylor was stuck behind Burroughs and then Cox for a cycle

44 minutes ago, jets said:

Thanks Mr. FackChecker

Point still remains....,

More fact checking...Snyder, Dake, and Fix are not from Indiana. 

On 2/7/2023 at 11:12 PM, beaner2 said:

Seriously? WTH? I'd hate to be defined by or calling out a legend of wrasslin' cuz of stupid politics. Mick is a good dude that put his awkward body on the line every night to please fans like you, just so you can bring up politics on a HS Wrestling Forum 

Mick is a legend. You? 

I agree with Copeland187. Maybe 20 years ago stuff like that did not matter but it’s different now. 

17 minutes ago, Legridn said:

I agree with Copeland187. Maybe 20 years ago stuff like that did not matter but it’s different now. 

That's likely the dumbest post I've read today.  This is a high school wrestling forum. At no point should politics come into play on this site.  To state such, only cements how youve been programmed by propaganda. Focus on the kids and the great sport of wrestling.