Evv SS prediction

1prouddad

50 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I think Farmer can beat Jones at 285. He had Jones pinned In The off-season at Mauer Coughlin duals in Vincennes wasn’t called had him on back for at least 15-20 seconds. Both kids are beasts.

I counted about 5 seconds.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/7708230-mcwc-freestyle-academy-duals/videos?playing=7726211&limit=60

6 hours ago, JC123 said:

I think Farmer can beat Jones at 285. He had Jones pinned In The off-season at Mauer Coughlin duals in Vincennes wasn’t called had him on back for at least 15-20 seconds. Both kids are beasts.

just rewatched the video, it was 7 seconds on a roll tilt that Farmer caught him on. Final in the match was 8-2 Jones...

9 hours ago, indypharmd said:

just rewatched the video, it was 7 seconds on a roll tilt that Farmer caught him on. Final in the match was 8-2 Jones...

Also Farmer only wrestled that one event and practiced only twice before that meet and didn’t wrestle any other time in offseason. So he was not conditioned at time and he also beat Hosia Smith that day also

On 2/8/2023 at 11:11 AM, ReformedPoster said:

Vanover has already beaten him, but it will be a tough match

I will say 1st, good luck to both kids & then I will say that Reese is wrestling very differently than he was at the beginning of the year so that earlier result will likely have nothing to do with this wknds match. 

1 hour ago, JC123 said:

Also Farmer only wrestled that one event and practiced only twice before that meet and didn’t wrestle any other time in offseason. So he was not conditioned at time and he also beat Hosia Smith that day also

Just playing devil's advocate on this one...Leighton and Hosia are both football kids, so your predicate of "didn't practice or wrestle much in the offseason" holds for them as well.

53 minutes ago, JMILL said:

I will say 1st, good luck to both kids & then I will say that Reese is wrestling very differently than he was at the beginning of the year so that earlier result will likely have nothing to do with this wknds match. 

And so is Vanover.  I agree that the previous match will have zero bearing on a rematch, but head to head is all we have to go by when making predictions.

Regional breakdown

Weight    Mooresville    Jeffersonville    Bloomington    Castle
106    3    1    2    2
113    4    1    3    0
120    4    3        1
126    3    3    1    1
132    3    2    2    1
138    4    0    2    2
145    2    2    2    2
152    3    0    4    1
160    3    1    2    2
170    3    0    4    1
182    3    2    1    2
195    2    1    3    2
220    3    1    3    1
285    3    1    1    3
totals    43    18    30    21

On 2/10/2023 at 6:41 AM, JMILL said:

Another 1 point match with Courtney taking it this time.  I guess Vanover was wrestling better than before too.  Or...  they are just very evenly matched.  ;)

State Qualifiers by Regional

Weight Mooresville Jeffersonville Bloomington Castle
106 2 0 2 0
113 3 0 1 0
120 3 0 0 1
126 2 0 1 1
132 2 1 0 1
138 2 0 2 0
145 2 1 0 1
152 2 0 1 1
160 2 1 0 1
170 1 0 1 2
182 2 1 1 0
195 2 0 1 1
220 2 1 1 0
285 2 0 0 2
totals 29 5 11 11
Edited by nk140

5 hours ago, nk140 said:

State Qualifiers by Regional

Weight Mooresville Jeffersonville Bloomington Castle
106 2 0 2 0
113 3 0 1 0
120 3 0 0 1
126 2 0 1 1
132 2 1 0 1
138 2 0 2 0
145 2 1 0 1
152 2 0 1 1
160 2 1 0 1
170 1 0 1 2
182 2 1 1 0
195 2 0 1 1
220 2 1 1 0
285 2 0 0 2
totals 29 5 11 11

5th semi state didn’t disappoint.  Maybe it’s time to realign some things???

29 SQ's from the Mooresville regional is impressive.

But 21 of them came from just 2 schools, Brownsburg & Center Grove.

The Mooresville regional is clearly very tough, but they were blessed this year with 2 of the very best teams in the state.

Not sure why either school would be realigned out of that regional, they are both within 16 miles of Mooresville HS.

19 hours ago, rdrodd1 said:

How tall is Kelton Farmer?  That's a big kid. 

Anybody feel like running out and buying a Ford?  That scrolling ad is annoying 🤢

Farmer is so big and strong, he just imposes his will upon people.  Was shocked when Jones double underhooked him, jacked him up and took him straight to his back.

41 minutes ago, hook and half said:

Farmer is so big and strong, he just imposes his will upon people.  Was shocked when Jones double underhooked him, jacked him up and took him straight to his back.

I agree. Not many can do that. 

Jones is a bad bad man 

1 hour ago, SIACfan said:

29 SQ's from the Mooresville regional is impressive.

But 21 of them came from just 2 schools, Brownsburg & Center Grove.

The Mooresville regional is clearly very tough, but they were blessed this year with 2 of the very best teams in the state.

Not sure why either school would be realigned out of that regional, they are both within 16 miles of Mooresville HS.

It's a shorter drive time to Ft Wayne, East Chicago and definitely New Castle than Evansville from Purplesburg...

12 minutes ago, indypharmd said:

It's a shorter drive time to Ft Wayne, East Chicago and definitely New Castle than Evansville from Purplesburg...

Ok, but Brownsburg is in the Mooresville Regional. What regional are you switching them to &/or which regional are you switching to EvSS if you take out Mooresville?

3 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Ok, but Brownsburg is in the Mooresville Regional. What regional are you switching them to &/or which regional are you switching to EvSS if you take out Mooresville?

Brownsburg's traveled to Cleveland area 2x and Crown Point once this season for tournaments. a little travel closer to home shouldn't hurt, but won't matter to me anymore... send Purplesburg through to a sectional/regional that gets it to Ft Wayne to balance things out...

3 minutes ago, indypharmd said:

Brownsburg's traveled to Cleveland area 2x and Crown Point once this season for tournaments. a little travel closer to home shouldn't hurt, but won't matter to me anymore... send Purplesburg through to a sectional/regional that gets it to Ft Wayne to balance things out...

B'Burg to FW?  The purple send 14 to state as number one seeds every year?

are you freaking kidding?

3 hours ago, indypharmd said:

Tri-West has the farthest drive away from Evansville, we got in last night after midnight! We stopped and got a quick bite to eat but WOW!