If the State Finals were seeded...

blueandgold

How much different would the tournament play out?

For those who are visual learners, here's a quasi-image of what a seeded tournament would look like using last year's 126 finalists with their records at the conclusion of the semi-state championship.

Seeds

1. Zeke Seltzer (Cathedral), 29-0, 11
  2. Landon Bertsch (Bluffton), 22-0, 11
  3. Brady Ison (Brownsburg), 23-1, 9
  4. Samuel Goin (Crown Point), 14-1, 10
  5. Bryce Lowery (Roncalli), 32-2, 10
  6. Cheaney Schoeff (Avon), 32-5, 10
  7. Matteo Vargo (Penn), 13-2, 11
  8. Nick Olson (Goshen), 32-2, 11
  9. Blake Wolf (East Central), 28-2, 10
  10. Elijah Anthony (Frankfort), 20-2, 11
  11. Harper Dedman (Oak Hill), 27-4, 12
  12. Logan Uhlman (Adams Central), 33-6, 10
  13. Jacob Bechert (Franklin Community), 23-5, 12
  14. Michael Tharpe (Center Grove), 18-6, 11
  15. Brenden Dilley (Wawasee), 16-11, 12
  16. Devin Wible (Hobart), 10-7, 10

New Friday Night Match-ups

• #7 Matteo Vargo (Penn) vs. #10 Elijah Anthony (Frankfort)
  • #8 Nick Olson (Goshen) vs. #9 Blake Wolf (East Central)

New Quarterfinal Clashes

• #2 Landon Bertsch (Bluffton) vs. #7 Matteo Vargo (Penn)
  • #3 Brady Ison (Brownsburg) vs. #6 Cheaney Schoeff (Avon)

New Semifinal Matches

• #1 Zeke Seltzer (Cathedral) vs. #4 Samuel Goin (Crown Point)/#5 Bryce Lowery (Roncalli)
  • #2 Landon Bertsch (Bluffton) vs. #3 Brady Ison (Brownsburg)/#6 Cheaney Schoeff

At first, it didn't seem like there would be much change because some of the same quarterfinals matches still happen, but then again these matches happening earlier or later change the team race dramatically. So, the change if the tournament were seeded would and absolutely should impact the team race and give us some exciting finals match-ups.

Edited by blueandgold

Not sure I'm in agreement here.  Imagine wrestling the match of your life at semi-state and knocking off the #1 wrestler in state... only to have him seeded higher than you at the State finals the next weekend

I would be in favor of forming the brackets with the semistate champions-only setup as a 1v4 2v3.   If you didn't win semistate however, you follow wherever the random brackets take you

2 minutes ago, base said:

Not sure I'm in agreement here.  Imagine wrestling the match of your life at semi-state and knocking off the #1 wrestler in state... only to have him seeded higher than you at the State finals the next weekend

I would be in favor of forming the brackets with the semistate champions-only setup as a 1v4 2v3.   If you didn't win semistate however, you follow wherever the random brackets take you

I get where you’re coming from, but it happens all the time and not just in wrestling. You’ll see these kind of scenarios in college wrestling especially, though. First that comes to mind is Bo Nickal placing third in the Big Ten yet still able to snag the #2 seed in the NCAA tournament based on quality of wins and what not. If Mendez lost a decision in the Semi-State finals  to a #6 seed with four losses, he’d surely still be a #1 seed at the State based on several different criteria, #2 at lowest. The kid who beat him would have a chance to get a higher seed now though with that win.

9 minutes ago, base said:

Maybe that could be seeding criteria. If you get 1st at SS, only ones that could be seeded over you are the other 3 1st place wrestlers. 

8 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

I’m going to run with this. Give me just a second.

Same with 2nd and 3rd. If you get 2nd, No 3rd or 4th placer can be seeded over you

For the 3rd placers, no 4th placer can be seeded over you

4th placers: UNSEEDED

Edited by brickfor6

I'm not sure there is a semi-fair way to handle this one since you advance to state based on semi-state placement, and that placement is what gets you placed in different quadrants of the bracket.  It would kind of defeat the purpose of wrestling out semi-state placement if it may not matter.  And it would defeat the purpose of separating wrestlers from each semi-state to give them an equal opportunity to place if all placements were seeded.   Possibly, separating the #1 placers may somewhat work, but by shifting all 4 that still messes up each quadrant.   Separating just the top two #1's with their bracket quadrant may work in most cases, but still causes some placement conflict.  So really as much as it would be nice to see, I'm not sure we can fairly seed state with the idea of the semi-state placement matches being of any actually value.

1 hour ago, MUSKEEWRESTLING said:

I like the idea, but as you can already see, the seeding meetings and would be as long as the tournament.  Who wrestled who before? Who's a returning champion?  Who's a returning placer?, Who's a returning qualifier? and on and on and on.

@ontherise219 and company do the seeding and call it a day.

1 minute ago, brickfor6 said:

@ontherise219 and company do the seeding and call it a day.

We'd have to pay for Secret Service for Mike after seeding the state tournament. I could only imagine some coaches and fans not exactly thrilled about some seeds! I don't think I have that in my budget right now.

In all honesty it would be nice to pseudo seed the semi-state champions based on previous state placements.

However, I would be more than happy if the IHSAA just used all 12 potential formulas instead of the same 7 each year.

Say you were going to seed the 2021 state finals. This is what 138 possibly would have looked like.

1. Jesse Mendez vs 16. Gavin Garcia

2.Blake Boarman vs 15. Kyle Carter

3. Brody Arthur vs 14. Jared Brown

4. Luke Goodwin vs 13. Jarrett Forrester

5. Gavinn Alstott vs 12. Seth Lawson

6. Bradley Conrad vs 11. Logan Hooley

7. Hudson Harreld vs 10. Delaney Ruhlman

8. Julius Gerencser vs 9. Jace Alexander

Okay, so with this, there are pros and cons to every scenario. We know the purpose of seeding is to reward past performances and prevent the best competition from meeting one another early on.

Seeding Pros

• Balanced bracket
  • Decides true winner
  • Every competitor has chance to showcase skills/performance.

Seeding Cons

• Longer meetings

So, if we were to seed with the criteria that semi-state champions earn automatic top four seeds, then we would have to follow with runner-ups earning 5-8, and third placers earning 9-12, while fourth placers are either 12-16 or unseeded. This still creates a problem, though, in which we don't see the best wrestlers advance because in the last two seasons, we've had two state champions enter as a fourth-place finishers due to injury defaults from their respective semi-state tournaments that gave us a potential finals match first round. Those matches were:

• 2020: #1 Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) vs. #2 Macartney Parkinson (Evansville Mater Dei) | RESULT: TB-1 FALL 7:50
  • 2021: #1 Alex Cottey (Perry Meridian) vs. Reed Egli (Evansville Mater Dei) | RESULT: DEC 4-3

Let's see what those weights would look like had they been seeded.

Seeding Criteria

1. Head-to-Head
  2. Common Opponents
  3. Quality wins
  4. Winning percentage
  5. Record wins
  6. Past placement

2020 182

1. Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) 29-2, 12 | Semi-State 4th via injury default; H2H wins vs. Parkinson, Lone, Warren, White
  2. Jake Lone (Northwood) 38-2, 12 | Semi-State Champ; H2H loss vs. Walker; H2H wins vs. Walton, Buchanan, White, S. Walker, Winner
  3. MaCartney Parkinson (EMD) 38-2, 12 | Semi-State Champ; H2H loss vs. Walker; H2H wins vs. Warren, Buchanan, McPike
  4. Aiden Warren (Perry Meridian) 34-3, 11 | Semi-State Champ; H2H losses vs. Walker, Parkinson; H2H win vs. Constable, White, Filipovich, Viel, Parker
  5. Mason Winner (Jay County) 41-1, 12 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Lone; H2H win vs. Constable
  6. Drake Buchanan (Center Grove) 37-3, 10 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H losses vs. Lone, Parkinson; H2H win vs. White

7. Hayden Filipovich (Indianapolis Lutheran) 33-4, 11 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Warren; H2H win vs. Parker

8. Noah White (Columbus East) 36-6, 12 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Warren, Walker, Buchanan, Lone; H2H wins vs. Walton, Parker, McPike

9. Johnny Parker (Indianapolis Cathedral) 35-6, 11 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Walker, White, Warren, Filipovich; H2H win vs. Walton, Viel
  10. Khris Walton (Merrillville) 39-4, 12 | Semi-State Champion; H2H loss vs. White, Lone, Parker; H2H win vs. Barket
  11. Connor Barket (West Lafayette) 43-2, 10 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Walton
  12. Cole Kwiatkowski (Valaparaiso) 41-2, 11 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Walton
  13. Kole Viel (East Central) 45-4, 11 | Semi-State 4th; H2H losses vs. Warren, Parker
  14. Brendan McPike (Terre Haute South) 33-3, 12 | Semi-State 4th; H2H losses vs. Parkinson, White
  15. Zian Constable (Peru) 38-5, 12 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Warren, Walton, Winner; H2H win vs. S. Walker
  16. Sam Walker (Norwell) 27-9, 12 | Semi-State 4th; H2H loss vs. Lone, Constable

• #7 Hayden Filipovich (Lutheran) vs. #10 Khris Walton (Merrillville)
  • #8 Noah White (Columbus East) vs. #9 Johnny Parker (Cathedral)

New Quarterfinal Clashes

• #1 Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) vs. #8 Noah White (Columbus East)/#9 Johnny Parker (Cathedral)
  • #2 Jake Lone (Northwood) vs. #7 Hayden Filipovich (Lutheran)/#10 Khris Walton (Merrillville)
  • #3 MaCartney Parkinson (EMD) vs. #6 Drake Buchanan (Center Grove)
  • #4 Aiden Warren (Perry Meridian) vs. #5 Mason Winner (Jay County)

New Semifinal Matches

• #1 Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) vs. #4 Aiden Warren (Perry Meridian)/#5 Mason Winner (Jay County)
  • #2 Jake Lone (Northwood) vs. #3 MaCartney Parkinson (EMD)

Now, it didn't take me long to find all of these results and determine seeds based on my set criteria. That's why it is important for coaches to enter results. With this seeding, 182 becomes a more balanced weight class and the top eight feel like a true top eight.

Just now, blueandgold said:

Okay, so with this, there are pros and cons to every scenario. We know the purpose of seeding is to reward past performances and prevent the best competition from meeting one another early on.

Seeding Pros

• Balanced bracket
  • Decides true winner
  • Every competitor has chance to showcase skills/performance.

Seeding Cons

• Longer meetings

So, if we were to seed with the criteria that semi-state champions earn automatic top four seeds, then we would have to follow with runner-ups earning 5-8, and third placers earning 9-12, while fourth placers are either 12-16 or unseeded. This still creates a problem, though, in which we don't see the best wrestlers advance because in the last two seasons, we've had two state champions enter as a fourth-place finishers due to injury defaults from their respective semi-state tournaments that gave us a potential finals match first round. Those matches were:

• 2020: #1 Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) vs. #2 Macartney Parkinson (Evansville Mater Dei) | RESULT: TB-1 FALL 7:50
  • 2021: #1 Alex Cottey (Perry Meridian) vs. Reed Egli (Evansville Mater Dei) | RESULT: DEC 4-3

Let's see what those weights would look like had they been seeded.

Seeding Criteria

1. Head-to-Head
  2. Common Opponents
  3. Quality wins
  4. Winning percentage
  5. Record wins
  6. Past placement

2020 182

1. Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) 29-2, 12 | Semi-State 4th via injury default; H2H wins vs. Parkinson, Lone, Warren, White
  2. Jake Lone (Northwood) 38-2, 12 | Semi-State Champ; H2H loss vs. Walker; H2H wins vs. Walton, Buchanan, White, S. Walker, Winner
  3. MaCartney Parkinson (EMD) 38-2, 12 | Semi-State Champ; H2H loss vs. Walker; H2H wins vs. Warren, Buchanan, McPike
  4. Aiden Warren (Perry Meridian) 34-3, 11 | Semi-State Champ; H2H losses vs. Walker, Parkinson; H2H win vs. Constable, White, Filipovich, Viel, Parker
  5. Mason Winner (Jay County) 41-1, 12 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Lone; H2H win vs. Constable
  6. Drake Buchanan (Center Grove) 37-3, 10 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H losses vs. Lone, Parkinson; H2H win vs. White

7. Hayden Filipovich (Indianapolis Lutheran) 33-4, 11 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Warren; H2H win vs. Parker

8. Noah White (Columbus East) 36-6, 12 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Warren, Walker, Buchanan, Lone; H2H wins vs. Walton, Parker, McPike

9. Johnny Parker (Indianapolis Cathedral) 35-6, 11 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Walker, White, Warren, Filipovich; H2H win vs. Walton, Viel
  10. Khris Walton (Merrillville) 39-4, 12 | Semi-State Champion; H2H loss vs. White, Lone, Parker; H2H win vs. Barket
  11. Connor Barket (West Lafayette) 43-2, 10 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Walton
  12. Cole Kwiatkowski (Valaparaiso) 41-2, 11 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Walton
  13. Kole Viel (East Central) 45-4, 11 | Semi-State 4th; H2H losses vs. Warren, Parker
  14. Brendan McPike (Terre Haute South) 33-3, 12 | Semi-State 4th; H2H losses vs. Parkinson, White
  15. Zian Constable (Peru) 38-5, 12 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Warren, Walton, Winner; H2H win vs. S. Walker
  16. Sam Walker (Norwell) 27-9, 12 | Semi-State 4th; H2H loss vs. Lone, Constable

• #7 Hayden Filipovich (Lutheran) vs. #10 Khris Walton (Merrillville)
  • #8 Noah White (Columbus East) vs. #9 Johnny Parker (Cathedral)

New Quarterfinal Clashes

• #1 Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) vs. #8 Noah White (Columbus East)/#9 Johnny Parker (Cathedral)
  • #2 Jake Lone (Northwood) vs. #7 Hayden Filipovich (Lutheran)/#10 Khris Walton (Merrillville)
  • #3 MaCartney Parkinson (EMD) vs. #6 Drake Buchanan (Center Grove)
  • #4 Aiden Warren (Perry Meridian) vs. #5 Mason Winner (Jay County)

New Semifinal Matches

• #1 Joseph Walker (Mishawaka) vs. #4 Aiden Warren (Perry Meridian)/#5 Mason Winner (Jay County)
  • #2 Jake Lone (Northwood) vs. #3 MaCartney Parkinson (EMD)

Now, it didn't take me long to find all of these results and determine seeds based on my set criteria. That's why it is important for coaches to enter results. With this seeding, 182 becomes a more balanced weight class and the top eight feel like a true top eight.

You win the internet

11 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

You win the internet

Haha, thank you. I am going to seed 2021 170 because I would like to see how different it would've played out as #2 Pate Eastin of Penn and #3 Tyler Fuqua of Franklin met Friday night, a match which Fuqua lost, meaning he didn't place. Fuqua, however, pinned third place finisher Ulrik Urasky of Cathedral in the first period and majored fourth place finisher JaJuan Dale of Perry Meridian. So, I am not sure the blind draw is the best indicator of who is the best in each weight and that we are getting the quality tournament we should.

Edited by blueandgold

18 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

Say you were going to seed the 2021 state finals. This is what 138 possibly would have looked like.

1. Jesse Mendez vs 16. Gavin Garcia

2.Blake Boarman vs 15. Kyle Carter

3. Brody Arthur vs 14. Jared Brown

4. Luke Goodwin vs 13. Jarrett Forrester

5. Gavinn Alstott vs 12. Seth Lawson

6. Bradley Conrad vs 11. Logan Hooley

7. Hudson Harreld vs 10. Delaney Ruhlman

8. Julius Gerencser vs 9. Jace Alexander

I'm going to seed this one too. Ruhlman would likely be a top 5 seed.

13 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Haha, thank you. I am going to seed 2021 170 because I would like to see how different it would've played out as #2 Pate Eastin of Penn and #3 Tyler Fuqua of Franklin met Friday night, a match which Fuqua lost, meaning he didn't place. Fuqua, however, pinned third place finisher Ulrik Urasky of Cathedral in the first period and majored fourth place finisher JaJuan Dale of Perry Meridian. So, I am not sure the blind draw is the best indicator of who is the best in each weight and that we are getting the quality tournament we should.

Also in that same bracket  Simpson vs Purdy friday night. I know Simpson had beaten Sneed earlier in the year. Sneed placed

50 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

We'd have to pay for Secret Service for Mike after seeding the state tournament. I could only imagine some coaches and fans not exactly thrilled about some seeds! I don't think I have that in my budget right now.

In all honesty it would be nice to pseudo seed the semi-state champions based on previous state placements.

However, I would be more than happy if the IHSAA just used all 12 potential formulas instead of the same 7 each year.

IHSAA only uses 7 out of 12 possible bracket combinations?!?  That is nuts  Which aren't used (and why)?

2 minutes ago, base said:

IHSAA only uses 7 out of 12 possible bracket combinations?!?  That is nuts  Which aren't used (and why)?

My spreadsheet doesn't have 2020 and 2021 yet. Also 2015-2019 all include state and semi-state. The other years only semi-state.

Top Top Mid Bottom Mid Bottom Used Last Used
A1B4C3D2 B1A4D3C2 C1D4A3B2 D1C4B3A2 35 2019
A1B4C3D2 B1A4D3C2 C1D4B3A2 D1C4A3B2 3 2008
A1B4D3C2 B1A4C3D2 C1D4A3B2 D1C4B3A2 3 2008
A1B4D3C2 B1A4C3D2 C1D4B3A2 D1C4A3B2 35 2019
A1C4B3D2 C1A4D3B2 B1D4A3C2 D1B4C3A2 15 2011
A1C4B3D2 C1A4D3B2 B1D4C3A2 D1B4A3C2 26 2019
A1C4D3B2 C1A4B3D2 B1D4A3C2 D1B4C3A2 26 2019
A1C4D3B2 C1A4B3D2 B1D4C3A2 D1B4A3C2 47 2019
A1D4B3C2 D1A4C3B2 B1C4A3D2 C1B4D3A2 35 2019
A1D4B3C2 D1A4C3B2 B1C4D3A2 C1B4A3D2 3 2008
A1D4C3B2 D1A4B3C2 B1C4A3D2 C1B4D3A2 3 2008
A1D4C3B2 D1A4B3C2 B1C4D3A2 C1B4A3D2 35 2019

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

God help him if Veazy isn't the #1 seed.  The General will be using his spit maker in the halls of Banker's Life (or whatever it's called now) looking for him.

2021 138

Seeding Criteria (see above)

Seeds

1. Jesse Mendez (Crown Point) 34-0, 11 | Semi-State Champion; H2H wins vs. Conrad, Alexander
  2. Blake Boarman (Evansville Mater Dei) 28-1, 12 | Semi-State Champion; H2H loss vs. Ruhlman; H2H win vs. Ruhlman
  3. Brody Arthur (Oak Hill) 38-1, 11 | Semi-State Champion; H2H wins vs. Gerencser, Forrester
  4. Jace Alexander (Wawasee) 24-1, 12 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Mendez; H2H win vs. Carter
  5. Gavinn Alstott (Floyd Central) 25-3, 12 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Boarman; H2H win vs. Garcia, Ruhlman
  6. Delaney Ruhlman (Bloomington South) 27-2, 10 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Boarman, Alstott; H2H win vs. Garcia, Goodwin, Boarman
  7. Luke Goodwin (Southport) 25-4, 12 | Semi-State Champion; H2H loss vs. Ruhlman; H2H wins vs. Harreld, Brown
  8. Julius Gerencser (Daleville) 32-2, 11 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Arthur; H2H win vs. Hooley
  9. Hudson Harreld (Zionsville) 30-3, 12 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Goodwin; H2H win vs. Lawson
  10. Seth Lawson (Frankton) 31-4, 12 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H losses vs. Brown, Harreld; H2H win vs. Brown
  11. Jared Brown (Pendleton Heights) 19-4, 12 | Semi-State 4th; H2H loss vs. Lawson, Goodwin; H2H win vs. Lawson
  12. Logan Hooley (Northridge) 31-4, 12 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Gerencser; H2H win vs. Forrester
  13. Bradley Conrad (Portage) 25-5, 12 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Mendez; H2H win vs. Carter
  14. Jarrett Forrester (Columbia City) 26-4, 12 | Semi-State 4th; H2H loss vs. Hooley, Arthur
  15. Kyle Carter (Rensselaer Central) 21-5, 12 | Semi-State 4th; H2H losses vs. Alexander, Conrad
  16. Gavin Garcia (Brownsburg) 11-6, 11 | Semi-State 4th; H2H losses vs. Ruhlman, Alstott

• #6 Delaney Ruhlman (Bloomington South) vs. #11 Jared Brown (Pendleton Heights)
  • #7 Luke Goodwin (Southport) vs. #10 Seth Lawson (Frankton)
  • #8 Julius Gerencser (Daleville) vs. #9 Hudson Harreld (Zionsville)

New Quarterfinal Clashes

• #2 Blake Boarman (EMD) vs. #7 Luke Goodwin (Southport)
  • #3 Brody Arthur (Oak Hill) vs. #6 Delaney Ruhlman (Bloomington South)
  • #4 Jace Alexander (Wawasee) vs. #5 Gavinn Alstott (Floyd Central)

New Semifinal Matches

• #2 Blake Boarman (EMD) vs. #3 Brody Arthur (Oak Hill)/#6 Delaney Ruhlman (Bloomington South)
  • #1 Jesse Mendez (Crown Point) vs. #4 Jace Alexander (Wawasee)/#5 Gavinn Alstott (Floyd Central)

2021 170

Seeding Criteria (see above)

Seeds

1. Bryer Hall (East Central) 30-0, 12 | Semi-State Champion; H2H wins vs. Bates, Urasky
  2. Pate Eastin (Penn) 30-0, 12 | Semi-State Champion; H2H wins vs. Sneed, Simpson
  3. Sam Morrill (Columbus East) 35-1, 12 | Semi-State Champion; H2H loss vs. Urasky; wins vs. Purdy, Khawaja
  4. John Purdy (Castle) 30-1, 10 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Morrill; H2H win vs. Fuqua
  5. Jacob Simpson (Hobart) 29-1, 11 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Eastin; H2H win vs. Phillips, Sneed
  6. Codei Khawaja (Floyd Central) 25-2, 11 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Morrill; H2H win vs. Fuqua
  7. Tyler Fuqua (Franklin) 27-2, 12 | Semi-State 4th; H2H loss vs. Khawaja, Purdy; H2H wins vs. Dale, Urasky
  8. Ulrik Urasky (Cathedral) 24-3, 12 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Hall, Fuqua; H2H wins vs. Dale, Morrill
  9. Jacob Kreager (Fort Wayne Snider) 31-3, 12 | Semi-State Champion; H2H wins vs. Graden, Porter
  10. Brodie Porter (Eastern (Greentown)) 44-1, 11 | Semi-State 3rd; H2H loss vs. Kreager; H2H win vs. Myers
  11. Shane Bates (Zionsville) 26-6, 12 | Semi-State Runner-Up; H2H loss vs. Hall; H2H win vs. Dale
  12. Aiden Sneed (Kankakee Valley) 26-4, 12 | Semi-State Runner-Up | H2H win vs. Phillips; H2H losses vs. Eastin, Simpson
  13. Spencer Phillips (McCutcheon) 14-2, 12 | Semi-State 4th | H2H losses vs. Simpson, Sneed
  14. JaJuan Dale (Perry Meridian) 21-7, 12 | Semi-State 4th | H2H losses vs. Urasky, Bates, Fuqua, Morrill
  15. Jacob Graden (East Noble) 23-8, 12 | Semi-State Runner-Up | H2H loss vs. Kreager
  16. Duke Myers (Bellmont) 8-2, 9 | Semi-State 4th; H2H losses vs. Porter, Graden

• #3 Sam Morrill (Columbus East) vs. #14 JaJuan Dale (Perry Meridian)
  • #5 Jacob Simpson (Hobart) vs. #12 Aiden Sneed (Kankakee Valley)
  • #6 Codei Khawaja (Floyd Central) vs. #11 Shane Bates (Zionsville)
  • #7 Tyler Fuqua (Franklin) vs. #10 Brodie Porter (Eastern (Greentown))
  • #8 Ulrik Urasky (Cathedral) vs. #9 Jacob Kreager (Snider)

New Quarterfinal Clashes

• #1 Bryer Hall (East Central) vs. #8 Ulrik Urasky (Cathedral)
  • #2 Pate Eastin (Penn) vs. #7 Tyler Fuqua (Franklin)
  • #3 Sam Morrill (Columbus East) vs. #6 Codei Khawaja (Floyd Central)
  • #4 John Purdy (Castle) vs. #5 Jacob Simpson (Hobart)

New Semifinal Matches

• #1 Bryer Hall (East Central) vs. #4 John Purdy (Castle)
  • #2 Pate Eastin (Penn)/#7 Tyler Fuqua (Franklin) vs. #3 Sam Morrill (Columbus East)/#6 Codei Khawaja

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.