The Wilderman question

BrennanFan

Wilderman has only lost once this season and that was to nationally ranked Frankrone out of Trinity, KY. He has actually beat the number one ranked Tonte 10-5 at team state. Yet, he remains ranked at #5 while Tonte is #1. Can someone explain why he has such a low ranking after beating the number 1 ranked wrestler in Indiana? Did the rankings people think it was a fluke?

Wilderman has only lost once this season and that was to nationally ranked Frankrone out of Trinity, KY. He has actually beat the number one ranked Tonte 10-5 at team state. Yet, he remains ranked at #5 while Tonte is #1. Can someone explain why he has such a low ranking after beating the number 1 ranked wrestler in Indiana? Did the rankings people think it was a fluke?

Doesn't matter at this point.  No more rankings.  Just rasslin'!

It was a big win. They were going back and forth

5. Wilderman lost one

4. Cavins undefeated cadet All American

3. Garrison Lee lost to McCormick first match back then beat shaffer

2. Ben Stewart 2x ticket rounder lost to tonte and Parris also undefeated

1. Tonte runner up beat jones and lost to jones.

It was a big win. They were going back and forth

5. Wilderman lost one

4. Cavins undefeated cadet All American

3. Garrison Lee lost to McCormick first match back then beat shaffer

2. Ben Stewart 2x ticket rounder lost to tonte and Parris also undefeated

1. Tonte runner up beat jones and lost to jones.

I see some counting of last year in some of these. Wilderman was at 220 last year when he lost matches. I know he lost to Larson and Sheppard. Not sure who else? But he had some good matches with good kids. I take Wilderman over Lee.

Yea I think you have to take some of last year in to account. I think wilderman coming down to 195 is a great move for him. His match with Farris also brought Kolby back in to the ranking. That also was a really good match

Wilderman wrestled 220 last year but never weighed more than 195. He had a hell of season giving up at least 25-30lbs every match as a sophomore.

He reminds me of Sam Wilde(r?)man who won a state title for EMD in 03, unheralded, was never given a shot on the old board, his only loss was out of state I believe. 

My years and spelling might be off, Hook and Half, relation?

Sam is a Wildeman and Kurtis is a Wilderman, so no relation.

Edited by markio

Sam is a Wildeman and Kurtis is a Wilderman, so no relation.

Not so fast my friend.  They are related.  A couple generations ago a part of the family dropped the "R".

Weird, I didn't know that. Wonder why they did that?

Nothing like a solid Lee Corso Reference...Ole Sammy put the hurting on old jimmy Schultz back in 03....

Well this could actually have so grounds in reality though.  I do of some families that have decided to revert back to the previous "old-world" spelling of their family name.  This is in an attempt to show their families original country heritage prior to the U.S. Immigration department mangling the name or the first-generation migrants modifying the name to help avoid discrimination.  

Edited by MattM

EMD dominated the finals that year, and Wildeman's pin was the highlight

Wildeman pinned schulz in the semis and beat marc bennett of martinsville in the final.  some say that the 2003 title match between dolli and maurer was the greatest final, ever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.