Rankings

WrestlingMan2

Rankings are a bunch of bull hockey and mean nothing.  All that matters is who can make it to the big show and preform

And yet they are the most viewed page on the website.

The rankings are great for the promotion of the sport and for kids to get recognized for their work throughout the year.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankings are a bunch of bull hockey and mean nothing.  All that matters is who can make it to the big show and preform

He said bull hockey.  That is awesome.  You better watch it, language like that will get you banned.

I'm sure Micic takes every match very seriously in terms quality opponents like Lehue and Lee. And I'm sure "walk over" never is part of the mind set. But at the national level I think he's lost 3-4 times in the past 3 years and 2 of those losses came at Fila when he wrestled up to the junior level, where he placed third against mainly college wrestlers. All the rest of his national level matches including championship matches were wins by tech fall. Stevan by invitation spent 3 weeks during early Nov training in Russia with several world champs and says that his overall game has never been better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stevan bypass his senior year to wrestle internationally. BTW I was just trolling when I posted he may go 120. That won't happen. Sorry if anyone got their shorts in knot about it. LOL.....

He was 5th to be exact, losing to Thomas Gilmam 5-0, 5-0 and Dylan Peters by fall. Pasone is a sophomore starting at 133lbs at Appalacihan State and Woodburn is redshirt freshman at Oklahoma State who is deep on the depth chart. Those were the only college kids he defeated.

Champ. Round 1: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Macario Borrego (Thunder WC) (Inj. 0:00)

Champ. Round 2: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Brandon Kahlenbeck (Ohio Combat Wrestling) (Fall 1:29)

Quarterfinal: Thomas Gilman (hawkeye wrestling club) over Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) (Dec 5-0,5-0)

Cons. Round 4: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Vito Pasone (AppState RTC) (TF 8-1,7-0)

Cons. Round 5: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Gunnar Woodburn (Cowboy WC) (Dec 3-1,6-0)

Cons. Semi: Dylan Peters (Panther Wrestling Club) over Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) (Fall 1:27)

5th Place Match: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Jarred Oftedahl (PINNacle) (TF 7-0,7-0)

He was 5th to be exact, losing to Thomas Gilmam 5-0, 5-0 and Dylan Peters by fall. Pasone is a sophomore starting at 133lbs at Appalacihan State and Woodburn is redshirt freshman at Oklahoma State who is deep on the depth chart. Those were the only college kids he defeated.

Champ. Round 1: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Macario Borrego (Thunder WC) (Inj. 0:00)

Champ. Round 2: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Brandon Kahlenbeck (Ohio Combat Wrestling) (Fall 1:29)

Quarterfinal: Thomas Gilman (hawkeye wrestling club) over Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) (Dec 5-0,5-0)

Cons. Round 4: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Vito Pasone (AppState RTC) (TF 8-1,7-0)

Cons. Round 5: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Gunnar Woodburn (Cowboy WC) (Dec 3-1,6-0)

Cons. Semi: Dylan Peters (Panther Wrestling Club) over Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) (Fall 1:27)

5th Place Match: Stevan Micic (Region Wrestling) over Jarred Oftedahl (PINNacle) (TF 7-0,7-0)

OOPS... I knew I should have checked before I posted. So I was correct on the record just not on the placement.

not to sure about that.......the rankings are probably the most discussed issues on this board......heck the only thing that could make it better is to get the general back to throw in his 2 cents on good old fort wayne.........that'll really get things rolling.......lol

I'm pretty sure he thought you were saying literally anyone could win it. My post was showing that there was a handful of guys that could to help what you said.

Yes NICfan that is how I took his post.  However I have not seen any of these kids wrestle that you mentioned so I can't speak to that.  I had just been a spectator ( to a completely different weight class) when I saw Konrath wrestle.  What got me was that he looked completely outsized by the kids in the weight class he was in.  As I watched for him to get manhandled every time, just kept winning.  So I kept watching.  Finally someone said that he was wrestling hildenbrandt in the finals so I watched that thinking this would be his undoing, but he surprised me again by losing while only seconds from winning.  No hard feeling was more questioning who is gonna beat that kid assuming he is on weight.

I got a kid who will beat the majority of those ranked 120 pounders but since hes a freshmen he will be up there after the harvest classic or al smith when he places high at that tournament

How does this kid mentally handle defeat?  Tell him to quit banging his head on the wall before the match.  It will not scare high school wrestlers.

I got a kid who will beat the majority of those ranked 120 pounders but since hes a freshmen he will be up there after the harvest classic or al smith when he places high at that tournament

I have him on the watchlist the havest could have Davis Rodriguez and truver so that would be a good early season test

Sage Coy will be in the mix at 126.  He beat a couple ranked kids last year.

I know he missed weight at sections.  That is why he did not do anything in the tournament

last year.

I had him on the watchlist at 20 it wasn't because he didn't compete in the sectional. Just a couple stacked weights

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.