Sliga vs Robinson

overtime

Just curious.. if your in the top five in the world why are you only ranked 5th nationally in your weight class and a one time state champ.... probably two time come feb.  Ill take sliga wrestling and robinson in a head up tackling drill

I wouldn't snooze on Sliga's football skills.  He was a pretty significant contributor to the Fishers 5A state championship when he was a sophomore.  He was the second leading rusher for them in the title game.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious.. if your in the top five in the world why are you only ranked 5th nationally in your weight class

Mostly cause this summer his Junior Nationals didn't go as well as his FILA Worlds did and he hasn't had any major national competition that may have helped improve his national status.

"Sliga would win, but it would be very close. He was having difficulty with Kourtney Berry last year before he pinned him and Robinson is very similar to Berry, but about 40lbs bigger."

So Y2 you are saying Sliga "caught" him? Haha. Didn't he pin him in the 1st period?

Considering that there was no control(ie: a takedown) before the pin, yes he caught Berry.  The score was 2-2 at the time of the fall.

No it was later in the second period with the fall, 3:20 to be exact.

Considering that there was no control(ie: a takedown) before the pin, yes he caught Berry.  The score was 2-2 at the time of the fall.

No it was later in the second period with the fall, 3:20 to be exact.

That's. the difference does Robinson put his self in situations to get caught?Berry was a physical wrestler but a little careless sometimes .I don't see that in Gelen.

I think G would take him from his feet to his back....probably stick him.

LOL... I've seen allot of G since he was a middle schooler. Even with his athletic ability no way he gets to Sligas legs. IMO no way he takes Sliga down. Remember last years final between Sliga and Berry? If Berry couldn't take him down no way G does. G is not nearly as active as Sliga. I really think Sliga would wear G down and win a fairly close match.

I went and looked at the bracket and saw the pin at 3:20, I remembered it being in the 1st period. But I would have sworn there was no score at the time. Sliga was down the middle and would have finished had he not sat back on Berry's head to get the pin.

LOL... I've seen allot of G since he was a middle schooler. Even with his athletic ability no way he gets to Sligas legs. IMO no way he takes Sliga down. Remember last years final between Sliga and Berry? If Berry couldn't take him down no way G does. G is not nearly as active as Sliga. I really think Sliga would wear G down and win a fairly close match.

I went and looked at the bracket and saw the pin at 3:20, I remembered it being in the 1st period. But I would have sworn there was no score at the time. Sliga was down the middle and would have finished had he not sat back on Berry's head to get the pin.

The score was 2-2, Sliga scored a takedown in the first, with a Berry escape.  In the second Berry escaped and tied the score...then came the pin.

Ok

I have not seen Robinson wrestle.  So I can't say anything about him.  All I can

do is give you some prospective of how good Sliga is.  Last week in the Sectional finals.

Against a very good, Very strong wrestler from HSE, Jeff Dixon.  Sliga had 5 takedowns in the first period.

All of them had Sliga in on double legs.  Picking Dixon up like he weighed nothing.  Then placing him

on the mat as easy as possible.  The level of strength and skill that Sliga has is unreal.

Unless Robinson is National Champion level good. I don't think he or anyone else around here.

Would have much of a shot.

I have not seen Robinson wrestle.  So I can't say anything about him.  All I can

do is give you some prospective of how good Sliga is.  Last week in the Sectional finals.

Against a very good, Very strong wrestler from HSE, Jeff Dixon.  Sliga had 5 takedowns in the first period.

All of them had Sliga in on double legs.  Picking Dixon up like he weighed nothing.  Then placing him

on the mat as easy as possible.  The level of strength and skill that Sliga has is unreal.

Unless Robinson is National Champion level good. I don't think he or anyone else around here.

Would have much of a shot.

Let me tell you how good Gelen Robinson is, he pinned all of his opponents at the sectional last week.  Who cares? Anything we argue is speculation, it will never happen and Sliga beating people at the sectional means nothing, because none of them are on Gelen's level.  Gelen is a once in a generation athlete, he's not getting majored or pinned by someone he's physically bigger than and stronger than.  Mitch Sliga is a far superior wrestler, but unless he has unreal strength for a 195 pound wrestler, he's not throwing Gelen around. 

Let me tell you how good Gelen Robinson is, he pinned all of his opponents at the sectional last week.  Who cares? Anything we argue is speculation, it will never happen and Sliga beating people at the sectional means nothing, because none of them are on Gelen's level.  Gelen is a once in a generation athlete, he's not getting majored or pinned by someone he's physically bigger than and stronger than.  Mitch Sliga is a far superior wrestler, but unless he has unreal strength for a 195 pound wrestler, he's not throwing Gelen around. 

I guess that was my point.  He does have unreal strength for a 195 pounder.

I do agree with you that this post is pointless.  But it is 4:37 on a friday and

I am just killing time until 5:00. So I can go home.

I wouldn't snooze on Sliga's football skills.  He was a pretty significant contributor to the Fishers 5A state championship when he was a sophomore.  He was the second leading

sliga definately D-.1 wrestler. Definately not D-1 football. Just as robinson definately D-1 football. Not sure if D-1 wrestler. Not qualified to make that judgement. . Ill stand by my prior post

i dont know if Mitch beats,majors, or pins Gelen. What i do know is Mitch will beat every adult that posted on this thread about what he cant do to someone else.

Welcome to a message board.  Let me define it for you;an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.  You are on a high school wrestling message board, on this site we discuss wrestling and wrestlers, perhaps you should join a site for grumpy people.

Welcome to a message board.  Let me define it for you;an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.  You are on a high school wrestling message board, on this site we discuss wrestling and wrestlers, perhaps you should join a site for grumpy people.

True dat. I have to admit though I was a little grumpy because the thought of this weekend had me all fired up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.