Sliga vs Robinson

overtime

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced it's that easy.

That is a lot of weight to give up and it's not like Robinson is a cream puff.  He is likely the best pure athlete in the sport right now.  I would be dumb to suggest that he is anywhere near as good a "wrestler" in the technical sense, but I think it would be much closer than a major.  If they wrestled 10 times it would probably be 7-3 in favor of Sliga but I wouldn't be surprised if Gelen did better.

yeah and i remember Metcalf was supposed to beat Caldwell too. I think Robinson would give Sliga all he could handle. Just look at the bloodline of Robinson's family!  Are you SERIOUS! Thats a straight up entire family of athletes.

I'm not convinced it's that easy.

That is a lot of weight to give up and it's not like Robinson is a cream puff.  He is likely the best pure athlete in the sport right now.  I would be dumb to suggest that he is anywhere near as good a "wrestler" in the technical sense, but I think it would be much closer than a major.  If they wrestled 10 times it would probably be 7-3 in favor of Sliga but I wouldn't be surprised if Gelen did better.

If they wrestled multiple times, I think there could be some close matches, but I would imagine they would have to wrestle a lot more than 10 times before Robinson could win. 

Gelen might not be as technically sound as sliga but the weight difference is huge.  Gelen is been right on at 220 every week and usually comes into practice monday at 230, so he is not a small 220 (if you seen him you know hes not small haha).  Gelen is as strong as an ox and would have 25 pounds on him. Having said that, Gelen's drive, endurance and confidence are at their peak right now, and I think at his current condition he would not give up a major, and I would argue if they wrestled 10 matches, he would win at least half.  Its hard to take him down and its damn near impossible to ride him out.  Would be a very interesting match/series.

I think you are giving Gelen far too little credit here.  A major? Seriously.  Mitch is an amazing talent, but you are talking about someone who is physically bigger and far more athletic.  I'll put this into perspective for you, Gelen wrestled the heavyweight from Merrilliville a few weeks back, and I'm not trying to compare this young man to Sliga, but to prove my point stay with me.  Gelen beat this young man 8-3, but in no way dominated him.  Gelen was just giving up way too much weight and couldn't do things that he normally would to 220 pound wrestlers.  I imagine that Sliga would have similar problems with Gelen if they wrestled.  Gelen is just as athletic as anyone Sliga's wrestled with far more strength, so a major would not happen.  I would agree with the 7-3 edge in 10 matches Sliga's way, but they'd be very close for the reasons I gave. 

As mostly a wrestler but a lover of all sports, I just can't comprehend why you guys think Robinson would get majored. We're talking about a guy who's dad was in the NBA and who's brother is on his way to the NBA. I know how good Sliga is. He's a freak of nature. But we certainly aren't giving Robinson enough credit here. It would be a whole lot closer than you guys think.

If you didn't know Robinson and already knew that he wrestled 220. You would not believe he weighs 220. To say he his a big 220 pounder is a huge understatement.  For that reason I think Sliga still wins a close one. But that is a lot of weight to give up.

I remember about 10 years ago the best at 189 matched up against the best at 215. Nathan Moore was a 2-time state champ and he beat 3-time champ Jake O'Brien 2 times his senior year. I would put Sliga at least on par with Nate and Jake is the best at that weight ever in the state of Indiana. He may not be the physical speciman that Robinson is, but he was more of a wrestler. I know it is a different pair of wrestlers, but my point is the smaller wrestler in both cases I believe is the better wrestler.

Ok Sliga wins the hypothectical match against Robinson.   But what about Sliga vs  L Swain?

I have to go with L. Swain via lateral.  Sorry Mitch, but after what he did to Shute.

BUT!  If Coach Harrell wears a singlet to practice to fire you up, I may have to go with Sliga over Swain.

By the way, has anyone noticed that Anderson HS uses the same singlet as Thompson High School?

Sliga would win, but it would be very close. He was having difficulty with Kourtney Berry last year before he pinned him and Robinson is very similar to Berry, but about 40lbs bigger.

Gelen is on another level from Berry Robinson is goin to have multiple titles. Has Robinson ever been pinned?

I think G would take him from his feet to his back....probably stick him.

Some people said that Berry would do that to him last year.  It didn't work out that way.

BUT!  If Coach Harreld wears a singlet to practice to fire you up, I may have to go with Sliga over Swain.

Nobody wants to see me in a singlet anymore, not even with a polo on under it.

"Sliga would win, but it would be very close. He was having difficulty with Kourtney Berry last year before he pinned him and Robinson is very similar to Berry, but about 40lbs bigger."

So Y2 you are saying Sliga "caught" him? Haha. Didn't he pin him in the 1st period?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.