Sliga vs Robinson

overtime

I think G would take him from his feet to his back....probably stick him.

Your so wrong, as Gelen would dominate Mitch on the football field, Mitch would do the same on on the mat. Mitch is not going to get caught in that forced under over of Gelen, and believe me if Gelen couldn't throw and stick his opponent in the finals last year, he certainly his not going to hit Mitch in it. I love to watch Gelen, but Mitch is on another level as a wrestler. Keep in mind Winfield tookdown and beat (may have been a fall )Gelen this past spring, and dont think that would happen with Mitch. Just my opinion....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gelen did throw his guy in semi finals the state champ Tyler Kral and had the call reversed

But it doesn't count because it wasn't against sliga.

Lol I just love how the sliga fans are just like gelen gets majored, teched  dominated. He can't stop sligas offense.But give no reasons why they feel that way. The only arguement they have even made that was romotely good was his 5th place at worlds... which kinda iisn't seeing as he didn't place at fargo. The 3rd place as a freshmen sophomore and first as a junior isnt even good because  gelen looks to do very identical the last three....

But it doesn't count because it wasn't against sliga.

Lol I just love how the sliga fans are just like no way he gets majored, teched dominated. He can't stop sligas offense.But give no reasons why they feel that way. The only arguement they have even made that was romotely good was his 5th place at worlds... which kinda iisn't seeing as he didn't place at fargo. The 3rd place as a freshmen sophomore and first as a junior isnt even good because  gelen looks to do very identical the last three....

This type of mindset leads me to say that my 106lber could deffinitely beat Chad Red. Who cares that he's ranked in the nation and #1 in the state. I mean, my kid hit a sweet peterson the other night. Now way Red can defend that.... I don't care if my kid didn't make it out of sectionals. It was a bad draw, we lost in the pig-tails where there is no wrestlebacks. Styles Clash Baby!!

This type of mindset leads me to say that my 106lber could deffinitely beat Chad Red. Who cares that he's ranked in the nation and #1 in the state. I mean, my kid hit a sweet peterson the other night. Now way Red can defend that.... I don't care if my kid didn't make it out of sectionals. It was a bad draw, we lost in the pig-tails where there is no wrestlebacks. Styles Clash Baby!!

Not sure "your" sectional 106 is able to handle Red this year  ;D, but the analogy is still correct.

Gelen did throw his guy in semi finals the state champ Tyler Kral and had the call reversed

The call being reversed means he was not sucessful with this throw so your statement isn't true. and although Kral is tough he's no Sliga either.IMO, Do you people not see past the region? Do you not think Sliga beats Kral soundly? Kral lost to Cooper from PM the previous year at state!

Whose to say gelen wouldn't be ranked in the nation this year if he actually did wrestle national tournaments. Sliga fans are so quick to bring up the 3rd place as a freshmen and sophomore, gelen placed, 3rd as a sophomore too. It would likely be a great match, but it won't happen.

Whose to say gelen wouldn't be ranked in the nation this year if he actually did wrestle national tournaments. Sliga fans are so quick to bring up the 3rd place as a freshmen and ophomore, gelen placed, 3rd as a sophomore too. It would likely be a great match, but it won't happen.

So your response is Gelen woulda, shoulda, coulda, lol  ???

The call being reversed means he was not sucessful with this throw so your statement isn't true. and although Kral is tough he's no Sliga either.IMO, Do you people not see past the region? Do you not think Sliga beats Kral soundly? Kral lost to Cooper from PM the previous year at state!

with a doubt Sliga is the top pound for Pound wrestler in the state but i wouldnt say he would major everyone in the State im excited to see him and fiddler in Indy for sure. I would Say Kral and Sliga would be a good match. I also think Cooper who was a runner up is pretty tough also. Tyler Kral is pretty tough too.

My response is don't count out someone who looks to have a good shot at 2 state championships on top of his 3rd place!

add multiple time national triple crown winner too...sliga has been dominating his competition his whole life not just this yr and last.....there is no comparison for anybody that knows wrestling and lives outside THE REGION but we can keep this thread going for 10 pages and it will never change its apples and oranges they shouldnt even be compared bcuz its not even close

add multiple time national triple crown winner too...sliga has been dominating his competition his whole life not just this yr and last.....there is no comparison for anybody that knows wrestling and lives outside THE REGION but we can keep this thread going for 10 pages and it will never change its apples and oranges they shouldnt even be compared bcuz its not even close

Comments like this is why the topic keeps going should they handed him a title as a FR and SO year? the 2 years he won national title he didnt win state titles. The kids who have beat Sliga have been bigger Athletic kids including a tight match with Berry in the finals last year. So what makes people think that the most athletic kid and possibly the strongest kid he ever wrestled would be at least a major? Honestly who are his notable wins this year? come on you make it a region thing its not. But like i said in my last post Mitch is the best pound for pound wrestler in Indiana right now hopefully he dominates in college too 

He didn't win fargo this last summer :/ so he isn't unbeatable like your trying to make him sound. And besides...I do not live in the region, nor am I from the region. I just feel it shouldn't be to crazy to you that someone might just give him a match. He represents indiana very well and I expect him to continue to be tough in college but still.

with a doubt Sliga is the top pound for Pound wrestler in the state but i wouldnt say he would major everyone in the State im excited to see him and fiddler in Indy for sure. I would Say Kral and Sliga would be a good match. I also think Cooper who was a runner up is pretty tough also. Tyler Kral is pretty tough too.

My statement was IMO Sliga would beat Robinson, yourself and NICfan took this elsewhere with how Robinson did things at state last year that he had not, and that if Gelen somehow went out on the national circut as Mitch had he maybe would do as well. I wish Gelen the best but again will say he wouldn't beat Sliga! I compare these 2 much like Jake O'Brien 220lbs & Nate Moore 189lbs, although Jake was bigger Nate beat him 3 times his Junior & Senior year never loosing to him. Nate was just better and thats how I see it if Mitch and Gelen were to meet, and O'Brien had a better high school career than Gelen can have at this point!

If he's so good, how come he only has one state title?  He has been a big guy for years wrestling little Freshman and Sophomores.

he got dominated at State his Jr year in the semifinals, and he is going to get beat this year, take that to Vegas. 

He was afraid to step up and wrestling 220 this year, Book it!!!

Gelens calibre of guys lost to is nothing compared to Sligas3 loses js if Sliga redshirts his first year he will make th ncaas champ and place at the big 10s

It don't really change much, but, he Sliga, has 4 losses.  Atwood, Johnson-Jones, Stevenson, and also Duckworth. 

Gelens calibre of guys lost to is nothing compared to Sligas3 loses js if Sliga redshirts his first year he will make th ncaas champ and place at the big 10s

Did anyone watch the Stevenson/Goldman match? I have a feeling no one watched this match. Not a whole lot happened. I don't understand how that this kid is thought of as great when the state title match that year was pretty boring. Some of the qualifiers from that bracket didn't even qualify the next year. Mitch isn't on this whole other level. And earlier someone was comparing a 189 and 215 from years ago. Yes many 189s and 215s wrestled and you pull 1 example from a time when the 215 class may have had a weak year? One example. Fantastic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.