Indiana's Best (A to Z)

base

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassidy was a 3x All-American, including a 3rd place finish at Junior Nationals.  Quite impressive when added to his 3 state titles.  I'd say it's still a toss-up between him and Coughlin, but the 3 titles have me leaning towards him.

S - Stein? Sandefer? Any other 2-timers to compare?

Andy Schneider- 2x champ HWT, National Runner-Up Senior year i believe

Going back to 1970, there have only been a handful of 'N' state champs.  Three were undefeated champs: Brock Norton of Carroll in '10, Matt Nowak of Riley in 1995, and Miles Nilson of Winamac in 1986.  I don't know anything about Nilson other than that he pinned a fellow undefeated opponent in the championship match.  Nowak was more dominant than Norton.  He didn't have a close match at state, nor in any of the number of matches I saw him during his senior season. 

I remember Nowak's finals match with Leavitt and thinking it was the closest I saw anyone coming to doing anything against him all season--and the score was 8-0.  So I'll vote for Nowak.  Someone else can try to convince us about Nilson or a pre-1970 candidate.

Gotta get my guy Marcus Schontube some props 2X State Champion!!!

Tie Breaker he had to beat Nick Hardwick for the title his Junior year.  Nick Hardwick the Pro Bowl center for the Chargers!  Boom that just happened haha

Can we get credentials for everyone on the list for the generational differences???

I second Brandon Nelson.

Also, although Maurer was a 4xer, McCubbins also accomplished quite a lot on the national level.

Although Mauer's career was cut short in college his national succses was very evident through grade school and highschool.

Still not sure how roach beats out  Ethan Raley, 1st, state Q, 2nd, 1st ,super 32  champ. I believe the only super 32 champ from Indiana 

Roach was a four time placer, all top four placings and had just an impressive national resume winning FloNationals, placing once(or twice) at Super 32 amongst other national tournaments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.