Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sig40

Jesse Mendez

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Sig40 said:

Incoming 8th grader Jesse Mendez just beat Justin Bierdumpfel(#12 ranked 106lbs on Flo) 10-4. Justin took 7th at New Jersey state his freshman year. 

Not surprised, Mendez is a killer. It seems like the better his opponent is the worst he makes them look. Pretty good kid also , congrats to him .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesse killed it all week in NJ and The Indiana boys came away with the dual championship on criteria according to track. It was a huge discussion as the criteria had Elite Athletic Club winning and the ref said he never gave an unsportsmanlike to anyone. The kids said he did - so they retro gave the Dark Knights an additional point to give them a win on the 4th criteria -  Then said no we are co champs. It was a fiasco !  If it's in track and we win - why was it changed ? The ref said "I never gave an unsportsmanlike and it was a mistake !" The boys all said he did give one - just wow 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bigyusm said:

Jesse killed it all week in NJ and The Indiana boys came away with the dual championship on criteria according to track. It was a huge discussion as the criteria had Elite Athletic Club winning and the ref said he never gave an unsportsmanlike to anyone. The kids said he did - so they retro gave the Dark Knights an additional point to give them a win on the 4th criteria -  Then said no we are co champs. It was a fiasco !  If it's in track and we win - why was it changed ? The ref said "I never gave an unsportsmanlike and it was a mistake !" The boys all said he did give one - just wow 

 

That dark knight team is loaded too and is the the squad Indiana High Rollers beat a few months back as well...Sasso wrestles for them iirc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesse has a motor and a mind set that he just does not stop and its great to watch.  Great wrestler and an even better kid (if that is possible)

Can't wait to see how he does at IHPO this year !!!!

 

#TheCounty  #PainTrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2017 at 10:38 PM, navy80 said:

Huge win!  Where is going to high school at?  

Facebook sources say Crown Point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mendez sure seems like the real deal .   I saw his name on the pre-season opener in September which got me thinking...

The Preseason Opener seems to always have a talented group of wrestlers in general.   Do we know if a 7th or 8th grader has won the whole thing in the past?    If Mendez is a true #109 he has to be a frontrunner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, pritchem said:

Mendez sure seems like the real deal .   I saw his name on the pre-season opener in September which got me thinking...

The Preseason Opener seems to always have a talented group of wrestlers in general.   Do we know if a 7th or 8th grader has won the whole thing in the past?    If Mendez is a true #109 he has to be a frontrunner. 

Nick Lee won as a 7th grader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is their any wrestlers in particular that you would like to see sign up at 109?  Just curious, because I'm really excited to watch this weight and see how it plays out. I can't really think of very many at all that HAS NOT signed up from Indiana that could make things much more interesting for Mendez and the other studs. You know alot more than me tho. Is their any Middle Schoolers that are in his league? Can you think of anyone else that is not signed up or that I forgot that could sign up for Indiana that is in his league?

Here is the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that could definitely cause him and the other studs some problems that are not signed up. Let me know if I forgot anyone or if their are any other middle schoolers that can compete with him and the others that are signed up.



Andrew Black(I really wanna see him sign up. I believe he can compete with anyone that has signed up)


Hunter Watts (don't know if he could make 109 or not? but if he did he'd be right in the mix also)


Brock Peele (don't know if he could make 109 either but if he did and wrestled well then he could be dangerous)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

Is their any wrestlers in particular that you would like to see sign up at 109?  Just curious, because I'm really excited to watch this weight and see how it plays out. I can't really think of very many at all that HAS NOT signed up from Indiana that could make things much more interesting for Mendez and the other studs. You know alot more than me tho. Is their any Middle Schoolers that are in his league? Can you think of anyone else that is not signed up or that I forgot that could sign up for Indiana that is in his league?

Here is the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that could definitely cause him and the other studs some problems that are not signed up. Let me know if I forgot anyone or if their are any other middle schoolers that can compete with him and the others that are signed up.



Andrew Black(I really wanna see him sign up. I believe he can compete with anyone that has signed up)


Hunter Watts (don't know if he could make 109 or not? but if he did he'd be right in the mix also)


Brock Peele (don't know if he could make 109 either but if he did and wrestled well then he could be dangerous)

AJ could very well win it honestly...Him vs Mendez would be sickening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black would be good. I would like to see Cottey sign up. He is very tough escarla from Kentucky was there last year. I don't think peels makes 109. Roberson and Frazier both incoming freshman. Noah Mis might be a little big for the weight. Then some returning guys Cruz Tolin and Hollis. This is always a great tournament for incoming guys to break in. Plus a handful of guys who were in the mix that didn't make state 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Black would be good. I would like to see Cottey sign up. He is very tough escarla from Kentucky was there last year. I don't think peels makes 109. Roberson and Frazier both incoming freshman. Noah Mis might be a little big for the weight. Then some returning guys Cruz Tolin and Hollis. This is always a great tournament for incoming guys to break in. Plus a handful of guys who were in the mix that didn't make state 

Logan Boe @109 would be awesome too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2017 at 7:21 PM, ontherise219 said:

Black would be good. I would like to see Cottey sign up. He is very tough escarla from Kentucky was there last year. I don't think peels makes 109. Roberson and Frazier both incoming freshman. Noah Mis might be a little big for the weight. Then some returning guys Cruz Tolin and Hollis. This is always a great tournament for incoming guys to break in. Plus a handful of guys who were in the mix that didn't make state 

Roberson and Frazier(8th grader) are undersized for the weight. Mis and Peele are prolly the weight class up. Zeke Seltzer(8th), Matthew Koontz(8th), and Zeke Escalera would do great. Escalera will be a freshman at Wyoming Seminary so he is probably already in school there training with his team. Several Illinois kids that would make it extremely competitive if they sign up. Jesse is excited to compete and is trying to put some weight on so he won't be giving up much weight to the bigger guys. 

Edited by Sig40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×