Qualifier parent tickets?

4 hours ago, indygirl said:

anyone know attendance for last years finals.  Ford Center has capacity of 11,000.  I would be curious to know how close to the attendance for '23 vs capacity.

Could we not have pushed a week to keep it at Gainbridge given the All Star game?  What a mess

I can’t imagine it was more than 11-12k.   The entire left side of the upper deck was completely empty.    At any given time the lower section was at best 75% full.   The right upper deck same.  I think Gainbridge holds 17k. 

Ford Center seating says 11,000 but will that number of seats actually be available with how State will how state is set up.  I'd venture to say the seating for State would be slightly less than 11,000.  Plus, wasn't it also mentioned someplace earlier that suites would be an option, which I'd assume is also counted in the 11,000 number?  And there isn't much space for the wrestlers to be in between matches other than finding a seat in the stands too.

From what I can recall the Grainbridge/Bankerslife attendance for the finals was usually over 11,000 and I'm not sure that included anyone who went in through the IHSAA process (wrestlers, coaches, administration, etc.). 

So, I'd say some of you might need to hope the travel to Evansville is indeed a hindrance and more folks have considered watching it via the stream.

The only tickets on sale Wednesday are for Friday or all session.    Therefore someone can't buy the seats for saturday that were bought yesterday .    Parents on Friday of kids that win can get Saturday tickets on Friday night at a discount.   

If your kid loses, you can still get Saturday only tickets when they open up Friday night 

22 minutes ago, frigginhurts said:

The only tickets on sale Wednesday are for Friday or all session.    Therefore someone can't buy the seats for saturday that were bought yesterday .    Parents on Friday of kids that win can get Saturday tickets on Friday night at a discount.   

If your kid loses, you can still get Saturday only tickets when they open up Friday night 

Weird.   That’s not what they did last year.  I bought three individual sessions on Wednesday of last year.  

8 hours ago, frigginhurts said:

Unless someone else buys them first. Why not just let parents buy all sessions now if they want that regardless of whether their kid wins Friday night.

On 2/11/2024 at 10:23 PM, tangarrray said:

When did parents begin getting tickets? Was this during Covid year with limited seating?

I don't think they "get tickets." They get an access code to buying 2 tickets before the public. Is that right? 

3 minutes ago, maligned said:

I don't think they "get tickets." They get an access code to buying 2 tickets before the public. Is that right? 

Yes. They still have to pay the purchase price and fees. In this case $15 for the one session ticket plus $10 in fees. And no option to buy the all sessions tickets.

9 hours ago, frigginhurts said:

If this is the case, parents are just supposed to wait in limbo until Friday night and if their kid loses hope they can get a remaining Saturday only ticket when they go on sale at who knows what time Friday night and be forced to buy them per session, costing them an extra ~$25 per person?  

14 minutes ago, lanntp01 said:

If this is the case, parents are just supposed to wait in limbo until Friday night and if their kid loses hope they can get a remaining Saturday only ticket when they go on sale at who knows what time Friday night and be forced to buy them per session, costing them an extra ~$25 per person?  

I didn’t think there were ticket sales on Friday night, thought everything was happening Wednesday with ticket sales.

Edited by BrodyHardcastle

16 minutes ago, lanntp01 said:

Or overbuy on Wednesday (assuming you can get tickets), getting tickets that you may not need if your kid wins.

1 minute ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

I didn’t think there were ticket sales on Friday night, thought everything was happening Wednesday with ticket sales.

In previous years, ticket sales for Saturday opens Friday around 10 pm.......but the one year it was complete crap show.  People weren't able to get tickets till like 1 am......#TicketGate2024

1 minute ago, rookie78 said:

In previous years, ticket sales for Saturday opens Friday around 10 pm.......but the one year it was complete crap show.  People weren't able to get tickets till like 1 am......#TicketGate2024

Right, I thought we moved past that craziness.

3 minutes ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

That's what I am thinking too. Not exactly sure how it will work for the parents of the Friday night winners. Are there 112 seats that are set aside from the public sale. In which case there will be no opportunity for the parents of the wrestlers that lose Friday night to buy tickets on Friday - they will have to buy in Wednesday in the public sale to make sure they have tickets for Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

That's what I am thinking too. Not exactly sure how it will work for the parents of the Friday night winners. Are there 112 seats that are set aside from the public sale. In which case there will be no opportunity for the parents of the wrestlers that lose Friday night to buy tickets on Friday - they will have to buy in Wednesday in the public sale to make sure they have tickets for Saturday.

IMG_8128.jpeg

I would over buy if i’m a parent getting tickets on Wednesday.

15 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Which could easily be avoided by allowing all parents to buy all sessions tickets now if they want to.

The kids and families that made it. Earned it! The mental wear and tear on a wrestlers family is unknown to anyone who hasn’t done it. Adding this stress of tickets at the end of this long grind is a bunch of crap. We just need to pull together as a wrestling community. Please help eachother as much as possible. The kids parents and coaches have sacrificed sooo much, just to have the IHSAA roll out this thoughtless process and make us all stress more. I pledge if I get any extras, I will be sure to give them to a wrestlers family. Let’s keep the info coming as we learn and help everyone out.

1 minute ago, Casey Bradley said:

Over buying in turn allows for less seats for the general public to have access to,  therefor leaving empty seats that were over purchased.  It would make the most sense for parents to purchase all session passes with their early purchase code.

Exactly

1 minute ago, Casey Bradley said:

Over buying in turn allows for less seats for the general public to have access to,  therefor leaving empty seats that were over purchased.  It would make the most sense for parents to purchase all session passes with their early purchase code.

Well yes but if it’s the only option come that time then what do you do🤷🏻‍♂️ You’d figure IHSAA and ticketmaster would make this a little easier process being a couple years into doing this now.

8 minutes ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

Well yes but if it’s the only option come that time then what do you do🤷🏻‍♂️ You’d figure IHSAA and ticketmaster would make this a little easier process being a couple years into doing this now.

Unfortunately buying extra tickets is all we can do to ensure our family have seats.  Its not the most ideal situation whatsoever, the wallet is going to be hurting after this weekend.$

Edited by Casey Bradley