Qualifier parent tickets?

#TicketGate24 has officially began.

3 codes sent to me for my qualifiers and school, and only able to use 1 to get tickets.  Other 2 codes say I have exceeded limit and I can't even get them to work.  35 minutes on the phone with TicketMaster solved nothing.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by rookie78

1 minute ago, rookie78 said:

3 codes sent to me from and only able to use 1 for wrestlers/coaches.  Other 2 codes say I have exceeded limit and I can't get them to work.  35 minutes on the phone with TicketMaster solved nothing.

Good luck everyone.

And so ticket gate 2024 starts!!!!

1 hour ago, rookie78 said:

3 codes sent to me for my qualifiers and school, and only able to use 1 to get tickets.  Other 2 codes say I have exceeded limit and I can't even get them to work.  35 minutes on the phone with TicketMaster solved nothing.

Good luck everyone.

I finally figured out after trying to use the codes I got for my two kids, that you have to use a separate Ticketmaster account with each code.  If you use the same account it will say you have exceeded your ticket limit.  Dumb!! 

1 hour ago, MamaRioux said:

I finally figured out after trying to use the codes I got for my two kids, that you have to use a separate Ticketmaster account with each code.  If you use the same account it will say you have exceeded your ticket limit.  Dumb!! 

Can you get to Saturday session? It doesn’t even give the option but says it opened this morning at 10am. Or have a link to the Saturday sessions?

3 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Any word on what parents with other minor children are supposed to do with them since the parents can only get 2 tickets? Will they have a section that has babysitters?

Evansville’s Signature School across the street could have their fundraiser for the entire year complete by offering that service over next weekend. 

1 minute ago, MattM said:

Evansville’s Signature School across the street could have their fundraiser for the entire year complete by offering that service over next weekend. 

Except I would like to bring them with me...and sit next to them

Ouch, man, that's pretty steep. Can parents not get all session tickets? If not, that's very expensive for a family! Probably the most expensive IHSAA state finals to attend. Hopefully this isn't the case and sorry if this has been covered and I missed it. 

I would like to ask for your support. In my opinion most can live with and understand several challenges with ticketing; fees, assigned seating, etc.

What is not acceptable is the chance that any wrestler making a state finals appearance  may not have a ticket for someone special. 448 (2 per kid) tickets is not enough. The IHSAA is standing firm that everyone has the same chance to get a ticket, that sounds fair but we all know there will be someone special or supportive of a wrestler that will not be able to purchase before selling out. If ten tickets were given per kid that is 2240 tickets. There may be a kid needing 12, 15, or even 20+ but I am sure we can agree that two is not enough. The IHSAA has told me that there are about 4000 tickets needed for this event for all the folks involved. This number includes the 448 participant "family" tickets as well as 196 tickets for the 98 (2 per) participating schools. If the venue has a capacity of roughly 9600, that would leave 4600 tickets for general public to fight over. As the wrestling community would be very disappointed if the number of general tickets was 4000, it would not be half as disappointing than if a wrestler who has trained and dreamed for years of his or her participation and to find out their special person may not be able to attend. 

Think of all the examples: A few come to mind, grandparents, we all know a kid that has multiple parents, step parents, maybe an important aunt uncle sibling training partner club coach etc. At two the kid has to choose at 6,8 or 10 the kid's support group will not be left to chance. 

I was told tonight that the IHSAA has a 19 member board and that the IHSAA oranization would change this rule if this group agreed. 

My suggestion:

We need support from 98 schools or more. Possible Indiana Mat could help with the administration of a polite list of supporters. Please do not add other arguments, this is only about allowing a family (whomever that might mean to a kid) to have the ability to support their wrestler.

Remember waiting in a cue to select tickets last year and being at 350 on the list. Not fair to that special person.These special people do not need the stress and anxiety. I dont think this would crush overall attendance. How would it hurt.

Please understand the IHSAA has a tall task on this and all events. In my opinion they are missing a priority with this decision. Currently, they do not agree. This argument should be shared now by the mass not after the weekend by a few folks that were unable to attend. They will just be told that it will not be a problem next year back at gainsbridge.

Thanks for your time in reading this lengthy post.

5 hours ago, Mattyb said:

We only get 2 this year too! 4 last year! 

4 minutes ago, Stebn8r said:

I would like to ask for your support. In my opinion most can live with and understand several challenges with ticketing; fees, assigned seating, etc.

What is not acceptable is the chance that any wrestler making a state finals appearance  may not have a ticket for someone special. 448 (2 per kid) tickets is not enough. The IHSAA is standing firm that everyone has the same chance to get a ticket, that sounds fair but we all know there will be someone special or supportive of a wrestler that will not be able to purchase before selling out. If ten tickets were given per kid that is 2240 tickets. There may be a kid needing 12, 15, or even 20+ but I am sure we can agree that two is not enough. The IHSAA has told me that there are about 4000 tickets needed for this event for all the folks involved. This number includes the 448 participant "family" tickets as well as 196 tickets for the 98 (2 per) participating schools. If the venue has a capacity of roughly 9600, that would leave 4600 tickets for general public to fight over. As the wrestling community would be very disappointed if the number of general tickets was 4000, it would not be half as disappointing than if a wrestler who has trained and dreamed for years of his or her participation and to find out their special person may not be able to attend. 

Think of all the examples: A few come to mind, grandparents, we all know a kid that has multiple parents, step parents, maybe an important aunt uncle sibling training partner club coach etc. At two the kid has to choose at 6,8 or 10 the kid's support group will not be left to chance. 

I was told tonight that the IHSAA has a 19 member board and that the IHSAA oranization would change this rule if this group agreed. 

My suggestion:

We need support from 98 schools or more. Possible Indiana Mat could help with the administration of a polite list of supporters. Please do not add other arguments, this is only about allowing a family (whomever that might mean to a kid) to have the ability to support their wrestler.

Remember waiting in a cue to select tickets last year and being at 350 on the list. Not fair to that special person.These special people do not need the stress and anxiety. I dont think this would crush overall attendance. How would it hurt.

Please understand the IHSAA has a tall task on this and all events. In my opinion they are missing a priority with this decision. Currently, they do not agree. This argument should be shared now by the mass not after the weekend by a few folks that were unable to attend. They will just be told that it will not be a problem next year back at gainsbridge.

The cut from 4 in prior years to 2 this year is inexplicable. We are talking about a difference of 448. I get that Evansville has a lower capacity than Indy, and not as many people are going to be able to go, but you are going to squeeze it out of the families of the athletes that are there competing? Give me a break.

Would love to know what makes up that 4000 number...

26 minutes ago, Stebn8r said:

My suggestion:

The best way to address this is through your school administration. They are the ones that have a direct line and usually better success with getting changes made.