Team State: Results, Upsets, Key Wins!

3 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

It looks like it will be on Indiana Mat YouTube channel.  Is that right? 

Working on IndianaMat facebook

Well it wasn't the final round Adams County was hoping to have. All 3 schools fall a place below their seed if you want to have a pessimistic view. Instead I'll take the optimistic view and say the County brought home 2 runner up trophies and a respectful 6th place/top half of the field finish. Plenty of good young wrestlers coming up for all 3. Another feather in the cap of the AC senior class. On to the next!

#23 Noah Banet Floyd Central 11-6 over #15 Lincoln Cooper Columbus East

#23 Noah Banet Floyd Central by fall over #26 Ben Barker East Noble

#6 Bray Emerine Floyd Central 15-8 over #7 Cooper McCloy Terre Haute South

#11 Justin Brown Floyd Central 7-3  over #14 Sean Murphy Terre Haute South

Edited by cccoach

On 1/6/2024 at 11:25 AM, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

Yeah that was the worst call I’ve seen in the history of wrestling. And I’ve been watching wrestling for over 40 years 

Was thinking about this one last night over a cold one. I think the ref allowed them to stay in that position so long because the Brownsburg wrestler had the EMD wrestler around the waist and if he could have rolled him or popped his head out while being in an illegal position and he could have gotten the reversal. With that said, an illegal headlock should be called upon application. Still was bad. 

Cats looked awesome yesterday. People suggesting that they are not competitive in 4a are not correct. Look forward to our visits to Evansville next month! 

1 hour ago, WRFan said:

CP vs BBurg… out of curiosity, what was the reason for the 1 team point deduction at 120?

Just went back and re-watched. Looked like a chest bump and hand to the chest after the match as they were about to shake hands and raise the winner's hand. 

Region legend micic said it the best after his Deaanto match. 

I knew we were going to win when I saw ranked bburg kids celebrating getting majored, we have a different mindset in the north 3x defending heading to 4x 

On 1/6/2024 at 11:25 AM, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

Yeah that was the worst call I’ve seen in the history of wrestling. And I’ve been watching wrestling for over 40 years 

***disregard as I see this has been answered by MattyB

the ref said the arm slipped out and the lock was illegal and thus no NF points can be awarded while in an illegal hold.  (that was the explanation given) @Ahap88

Edited by JMILL
answered

7 minutes ago, JMILL said:

***disregard as I see this has been answered by MattyB

the ref said the arm slipped out and the lock was illegal and thus no NF points can be awarded while in an illegal hold.  (that was the explanation given) @Ahap88

Why was there no takedown awarded then, and then stopped for P1?