Upsets and Pot Stirrings

36 minutes ago, SunDevils said:

Maybe the coach was thinking long-term (potential) semi-state match up. If you think it is going to be close, or a 50-50, why let one person get the mental edge over the other going into semi-state. 100% just speculating. 

I would think the goal should be to get your kids quality match ups, but that's just me

14 minutes ago, TakeTheShot said:

I’m terms of the EMD/CG HWT match you are definitely ttrying to stir the pot, weren’t watching very closely, and can’t read lips. 

it was a heavyweight match and MD did ff but the rest of your details are incorrect, unless “warmed up and ready” means sitting on bench in his full warmup pants and team

shirt and headgear on the ground. 

Pacing behind the bench with his headgear on until his coach told him to sit... 

11 minutes ago, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

The EMD hwt is a first year wrestler. Why throw him out there against one of the best heavyweights in the state and ruin any of his confidence of coming back out

You think it's a confidence booster for his coach to tell him "you're not good enough to even try"?

4 minutes ago, rrschott said:

You think it's a confidence booster for his coach to tell him "you're not good enough to even try"?

Another great quote. And in no way what happened. 

Do you watch tv and movies with the sound off and make up their conversations in your head, too?

46 minutes ago, Play Wrestler said:

I'm not calling out the committe. The thread is stirring the pot. And I thought it was a interesting fact.

I fully understand seeding is hard and don't have a problem with them being the #2 seed. I just thought it was an interesting fact. 

40 minutes ago, Play Wrestler said:

However, this is THE biggest event for 1A schools normally and stuff like this shouldn't happen at a tournament this big. 

My original post had no ill-intent, and made zero attacks towards the seeding committee. 

Not fully understanding why you had to name drop me and come after me like that after a simple post. 

Rochester is far and away the best team in 1A this year and would make some serious noise in 2A.  As far as seeding went, West Central went into this tournament in a no-win situation.  I was honestly just hoping for a top four seed after edging out a banged up Rochester team at the Joe Burvan Duals.  If we would’ve been seeded below Rochester, I guarantee there wouldn’t be one West Central supporter complaining about that.  
WC belonged in the small gym all day long with the product we put on the mat today.  I do not post on Indianamat, I just look like thousands of others do.  

However, being from one of the smallest schools in the state, competing with the great programs we did today (and in 2014, 2015 and 2023), it’s always been humbling and great for us.  Congratulations to all teams that competed today. 

Nathan Williams

West Central Assistant Coach

4 minutes ago, TakeTheShot said:

Just my 2 cents, but with teams begging to get into this tourney, why would anyone let Warren Central return. 

Save even more time next year and don’t even come. 

15 min drive and show up an hour late and leave 2+ hours early.  Stay home. 

This whole situation is so weird and doesn’t seem like a typical move from Mr. O’Neill(correct me if I’m wrong, just going off of what I’ve seen and experienced being around him). I’m sure there were some Jv guys from Warren Central that would have love so mat time today against top competition.

6 minutes ago, TakeTheShot said:

Just my 2 cents, but with teams begging to get into this tourney, why would anyone let Warren Central return. 

Save even more time next year and don’t even come. 

15 min drive and show up an hour late and leave 2+ hours early.  Stay home. 

I heard that the announcer at the Al smith was so good they couldn’t see their self wrestling in a gym with out him. 

^^that is a joke

that was really weird 4A is such a competitive field it would have been interesting to see if they knew there was sick bug running through the team if they could have got a team short notice