Best Wrestler You’ve Ever Seen

blueandgold

Best season from Indiana IMO was J Tsirtsis senior year.  Not only did he beat the #2 kid by 14 and beat Caldwell.  But during the season bumped up two wt classes and majored Steveson who I think got top 5 at 160 that year.  Think he was the #1 P4P his senior year maybe number two. Tsirtsis beat some studs at the last chance qualifier that year.  Best wrestler Ive ever seen is David Taylor.  Howe running into Burroughs during his prime was tough.  Howe could have been a senior level world medalist.  He always gave Burroughs great matches and did take a couple matches that were 2 out 3.

Edited by smitty11

Done posted once already on this topic, but got to thinking deeply, probably too deep.  I'm split on the best wrestler I've ever seen between two kids.  As a father, have to say the best is to see your child step out on that mat and compete, no matter the talent.  So, in the eye of this old man, the best wrestler I've seen is equally split between Drake and Griffin Campbell, who many of you would not know because they are not elite, but they are to me...

18 hours ago, Isidro said:

Sean McMurray 08-10… 3 state titles… upset at 135 sophomore year, undefeated junior and senior year at 152 & 160 

I am a little bias here, as he is my fav portage wrestler  

he had the biggest jumps in weight too 112-135-152-160  jumping almost 2 weights every season 

I know he is only a one timer but I grew up wrestling same time as James Brimm I thought he would be a 4 timer. Amazing wrestler and a beast but I think because he never had competition in Southern Indiana he would choke at state or not wrestle good. Also Dan Pleak Indianapolis Cathedral had one of the best shots I’ve ever seen also. Brimm got beat twice at state by him.

Senior Jason Tsirtsis and Mason Parris were a sight to behold watching them tear through their state finals brackets. 

Best I’ve personally wrestled is hands down Mark Hall. Didn’t know somebody my own weight could absolutely manhandle me like that at maybe 3% max effort. Absolute grown man strength as a (redshirt) freshman.

As far as Indiana wrestlers with both high school and completed college careers considered, Mason Parris  takes the honor. Andrew Howe, Nick Lee, Reece Humphrey, Angel Escobedo, Leroy Vega, Jack Effner, Kelvin Jackson, Brad Traviola, John Ginther, Jason Tsirtsis also come to mind. Jesse Mendez, Silas Allred and Lucas Davison are also on track but have not completed their college careers. David Palmer RIP Muncie South/ Delta 1982 certainly was a joy to watch during his high school career which was cut short in college at Oklahoma.

Edited by Stew
Additional

On 12/28/2023 at 11:12 PM, jdmdjm said:

Randy May Bloomington South 1976. Most of you are way too young to have ever watched him wrestle. He was untouchable.

Randy May was certainly a beast. Don't think he could have kept up with David Palmer though. Palmer was a magician on his feet and great on the mat as well