3A Team State Voting... solution!

Y2CJ41

1 hour ago, Rugger44 said:

I see that Floyd is ranked 2nd in 3A, and 6th in the power poll. On the gorilla radio show the other night it was discussed that they would most likely not get voted in because they lost to Cathedral. I always feel the rankers do a pretty good job but it seems messed up that the 2nd ranked team would not get the nod. So I ask, are the guys that do the rankings over estimating how good Floyd is, or is the voting committee underestimating how good they are? I hope the 12 team format will be used! 

Floyd is being underestimated. I believe, if I were a 3a coach, I would be on here saying anything I could to have them not added. 

Edited by ducktails

1 hour ago, Rugger44 said:

I see that Floyd is ranked 2nd in 3A, and 6th in the power poll. On the gorilla radio show the other night it was discussed that they would most likely not get voted in because they lost to Cathedral. I always feel the rankers do a pretty good job but it seems messed up that the 2nd ranked team would not get the nod. So I ask, are the guys that do the rankings over estimating how good Floyd is, or is the voting committee underestimating how good they are? I hope the 12 team format will be used! 

A banged up Floyd team lost to a full power Cathedral team

A banged up Cathedral team lost to a full power Franklin team. 

So when the voters look most will just see Franklin over Cathedral and Cathedral over Floyd

Also the power poll is based on individual rankings, not forecasting potential dual finishes. 

All of that being said #LetFloydIn

4 hours ago, TripleB said:

A banged up Floyd team lost to a full power Cathedral team

A banged up Cathedral team lost to a full power Franklin team. 

So when the voters look most will just see Franklin over Cathedral and Cathedral over Floyd

Also the power poll is based on individual rankings, not forecasting potential dual finishes. 

All of that being said #LetFloydIn

Cathedral hasn't had Hardin yet from football so they have not been full strength with anyone yet. 

#LetFCTontein

15 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Sisson is horrible at jumping rope and a big meanie butt, don't let them in!

@Y2CJ41 well that wasn't very nice! I'm at least above average at jumping rope!bear costumes GIF

In all seriousness I think the logical thing is to expand it to 12 teams.  The 3a has proven to be the most unpredictable by the points with late additions such as ourselves and Columbus East having a lot of success.

Edited by bsisson

I would think Sisson is good at jumping rope. Just my guess. He is a pretty damn good coach I know that. And I would agree that expanding to 12 teams is logical. I mean, 5 of the top 8 teams in the rankings are not in the tournament. That makes it look not as desirable. 

On the other hand, I’m wondering where TripleB got his info. Cathedrals line up at Calumet would have resulted in the same score as their dual. And does tripleB have info I don’t about our own program, because against Cathedral we didn’t have 2 regional qualifiers in our line up who were 21-9 and 22-11 last year as well as a varsity wrestler who was 15-15 last year. Not sure if they make a difference or not but def not the full strength we had hoped for. 

I don’t know where we fit in. There are so many good teams but I do hope that people get their stats correct.  

I have been doing this a long time and very rarely have I had a team at full strength to where I anticipated it to be. 

8 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There are two vote-in spots(currently)

New Pal- beat former #1 Roncalli and beat Greenfield-Central

Floyd Central- Beat Greenfield-Central, lost 45-25 to Cathedral

Franklin- Lost to Cathedral 36-34, beat former #3 Mishawaka

Greenfield-Central- Lost to Columbus East, Floyd Central, and New Palestine, beat Delta and Warren Central

Hobart- Beat Plymouth

Plymouth- Beat Mishawaka and McCutcheon

Based on the common of Cathedral, it could be assumed Franklin is a little better than Floyd Central. The voting for 2 spots will possibly be very heated and full of a lot of debates. It probably doesn't help that some coaches are spamming those voters with the reason their team should be choosen.

Mishawaka beat Plymouth 47-30

Not many have a line-up 100%. Why do we always take that into account. You wrestle with the best you have available. Could you imagine if we did that with other sports? When someone loses its a loss and they drop in rankings. We shouldn't rank or seed teams for their potential line-up. Teams should be rewarded for having a solid replacement.

Edited by Timeinandout

44 minutes ago, Timeinandout said:

Not many have a line-up 100%. Why do we always take that into account. You wrestle with the best you have available. Could you imagine if we did that with other sports? When someone loses its a loss and they drop in rankings. We shouldn't rank or seed teams for their potential line-up. Teams should be rewarded for having a solid replacement.

Lin Manuel Miranda Agree GIF by Tony Awards

19 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There are two vote-in spots(currently)

New Pal- beat former #1 Roncalli and beat Greenfield-Central

Floyd Central- Beat Greenfield-Central, lost 45-25 to Cathedral

Franklin- Lost to Cathedral 36-34, beat former #3 Mishawaka

Greenfield-Central- Lost to Columbus East, Floyd Central, and New Palestine, beat Delta and Warren Central

Hobart- Beat Plymouth

Plymouth- Beat Mishawaka and McCutcheon

Based on the common of Cathedral, it could be assumed Franklin is a little better than Floyd Central. The voting for 2 spots will possibly be very heated and full of a lot of debates. It probably doesn't help that some coaches are spamming those voters with the reason their team should be choosen.

We beat Plymouth, but they have a solid team worth consideration!!

11 hours ago, Coach Tonte said:

I would think Sisson is good at jumping rope. Just my guess. He is a pretty damn good coach I know that. And I would agree that expanding to 12 teams is logical. I mean, 5 of the top 8 teams in the rankings are not in the tournament. That makes it look not as desirable. 

On the other hand, I’m wondering where TripleB got his info. Cathedrals line up at Calumet would have resulted in the same score as their dual. And does tripleB have info I don’t about our own program, because against Cathedral we didn’t have 2 regional qualifiers in our line up who were 21-9 and 22-11 last year as well as a varsity wrestler who was 15-15 last year. Not sure if they make a difference or not but def not the full strength we had hoped for. 

I don’t know where we fit in. There are so many good teams but I do hope that people get their stats correct.  

I have been doing this a long time and very rarely have I had a team at full strength to where I anticipated it to be. 

I get all of my info from Indiana's wrestling leader - The Other Mat of Hoosiers.  

Edited by TripleB

1 hour ago, Timeinandout said:

Totally agree, the strength of a team is the sum of all parts not just the superstars. 

FSU got hosed they should be in the college football playoffs........ 

8 minutes ago, TripleB said:

East got dinged last year for a stomach bug that ran through the team and kept starters out vs. Greenfield Central

and look what happened.

So the message I'm hearing is if you don't have your guns, just skip the day and don't put a team on the mat? 

I think you meant to post on this topic

3 hours ago, Timeinandout said:

FSU Football agrees with you. 

Panther's over the  Bulldogs missing four of our starters. Snider magic stills exist.  Everyone talking down on the Panther's: wait your turn.  I can't even count the upsets.  Caleb get your eraser out.  Keep snoozing.  Next stop: The Henry Wilk. By the way: Dodson.