IHPO Match ups!

Always a great Event to see the incoming freshman compete and create some buzz for the upcoming season 

Jensen Boyd Delta  109 

Teigen Newell Crown Point 116 

Peyton Hornsby New Pal 141 

Gavin Lewis Crown Point 123 

some freshman who can make some noise early 

Then guys who could have been in the mix last year 

Landon Hawkins 129

Tommy Gibbs Brownsburg 

Evan Stanley  Mt. Carmel 

Guys Like Noah Clouser Center Grove who was really injured in the post season its good to see him back and at 193 

A couple 8th Graders in the field too looking to make some noise 

Cesar Salas Merrillville 

Collin Strayer Crown Point 

53 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Braylon Reynolds making it known how tough he really is. Only Indiana placer in arguably the toughest bracket. Great day for him so far. 

He had a Damn good day beating 3 of the Indianas finest 120 pounders from last season..Majored State finalist Broady 10-0, then pinned 2x State Placer(6,4)  N.Mosier in 90 seconds. Then beats a stud from Ohio, who placed Top 4 Garrison Weisner, who just had pinned state champion Charlie larocca the match before he was beat 3-0 by Braylon.

Had a tough loss to the KY state Runner Up TJ Meyer (lost in. ky state finals to Jadyn Raney 3-2)

Then Reynolds bounced back beating the 3x INDIANA State finalist 2x Placer Tischner 7-5 to wrestle for 3rd before losing a hard fought Battle 10-5 to a a Ohio State placer. Great day going 6-2 vs nothing but High level competition! Congrats to him and the Reynolds fam on the top 4 Finish, in 1 of the toughest off season tourneys around.

9 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

He had a Damn good day beating 3 of the Indianas finest 120 pounders from last season..Majored State finalist Broady 10-0, then pinned 2x State Placer(6,4)  N.Mosier in 90 seconds. Then beats a stud from Ohio, who placed Top 4 Garrison Weisner, who just had pinned state champion Charlie larocca the match before he was beat 3-0 by Braylon.

Had a tough loss to the KY state Runner Up TJ Meyer (lost in. ky state finals to Jadyn Raney 3-2)

Then Reynolds bounced back beating the 3x INDIANA State finalist 2x Placer Tischner 7-5 to wrestle for 3rd before losing a hard fought Battle 10-5 to a a Ohio State placer. Great day going 6-2 vs nothing but High level competition! Congrats to him and the Reynolds fam on the top 4 Finish, in 1 of the toughest off season tourneys around.

Agree that Reynolds had a great tournament at a really tough weight. 

I don't think Weisner pinned Larocca. I think it was triple OT. Not sure why track said it was a pin. 

18 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Agree that Reynolds had a great tournament at a really tough weight. 

I don't think Weisner pinned Larocca. I think it was triple OT. Not sure why track said it was a pin. 

hmmmm, that's odd , thanks for lmk this..it also has Tischner pinning larocca as well in a 1:07. Is that correct? 

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Braylon Reynolds making it known how tough he really is. Only Indiana placer in arguably the toughest bracket. Great day for him so far. 

Landon lost really close matches to the Champ and 3rd place finisher. I'm sure we'll see him and Braylon face off soon with team and individual state titles on the line! Landon's dominant win over Tishner impressed me, and then to see Tishner pin Larocca had me in awe. 126 will be fun to watch this year.

Edited by igotcaught

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Agree, Braylon had a great day.  

Makes me even more excited for team state this year.  I know Center Grove will have a say in this, but if Brownsburg and Crown Point meet up in the finals, 120, 126 and 132 will be awesome.  Jendreas vs Haines, Hawkins vs Reynolds and Shepherd vs Hockaday - Those matches alone are worth the drive to Brownsburg.

109- Boyd vs Jones was a really good match. Could be a state finals match.

116- Nate Rioux wins 116 despite wrestling a lot of 106 in the off season. Teigan Newell made a deep run as freshman. 

123- Gavin Lewis did really well and placed 3rd. Gavin Jendreas got revenge on rival Haines who later ff (Wish we could of seen Haines vs Lewis)

129- Reynolds and Hawkins both lose in the semifinals and then both lost to the 3rd place finisher on the backside. Both getting impressive wins along the way.

135- Stanley gets a dominant win over Goss for 3rd.

141-Kyrel looked dominant all day. Wood battled back for 4th.

147- Krejsa has had a terrific off season and looks like the man to beat. Might see him vs Ison 3 weeks in a row in Feb! Could be a big match in CG vs BB Team State dual

153- Major takes 3rd. Might see him under the lights. Lets see if he can excite the crowd like big bro did vs Baumann

160-Cressell looks like a serious state title contender, beats Pellot for 3rd.

168- Smith and Rinehart both make it to 3rd place match and FF. Them 2 and 2nd place finisher Cashman all finish the day with 1 loss to the IHPO champ from Illinois.

178- Kelly from MC dominates the entire field without breaking a sweat. Russell battles back and takes 3rd.

193- Clouser Makes Semi's, 8th grader Salas takes 4th place!!! Wish we could of seen him vs Clouser.

218- Martin takes home the title, Johnson gets 3rd. (Wish football didn't get in the way of seeing all of Indian's studs).

HWT- Beck wins the title coming up from wrestling 220 last season. Can he figure out how to beat Paul Clark after losing to Will last year?

Always nice to see a preview of Indiana's best go at it. Consolations can get crazy seeing guys wrestle multiple 4 minute matches in a short time frame. Usually the Indiana guys who win IHPO go on to win state, and I'm sure it'll happen again this year. Some guys DNP at IHPO and then make serious title runs. Can't wait to see how these guys do at Super 32!

Edited by igotcaught