**Rankings Update** State #4

Y2CJ41

Rankings look good! Now, with that being said I wanted to defend some of my Irish wrestlers...

First, at 285, Hosia Smith avenged both of his losses to #14 Schott of Center Grove and #19 McMahon of Columbus East while also defeating #1 ranked Leighton Jones of Brownsburg via UTB at team state. I believe that warrants a better ranking than #8! 

Second, at 106, John Bissmeyer avenged his loss to #10 Lian of Perry Meridian in the final match of the night last week during the Perry dual and he is still unranked! 

Also keep an eye out for Cathedral's 113, Nathan Reyes, during the postseason!

Keep up the good work, I'm excited for the postseason!

4 minutes ago, CHS_Swamp said:

Rankings look good! Now, with that being said I wanted to defend some of my Irish wrestlers...

First, at 285, Hosia Smith avenged both of his losses to #14 Schott of Center Grove and #19 McMahon of Columbus East while also defeating #1 ranked Leighton Jones of Brownsburg via UTB at team state. I believe that warrants a better ranking than #8! 

Second, at 106, John Bissmeyer avenged his loss to #10 Lian of Perry Meridian in the final match of the night last week during the Perry dual and he is still unranked! 

Also keep an eye out for Cathedral's 113, Nathan Reyes, during the postseason!

Keep up the good work, I'm excited for the postseason!

Nathan Reyes was right outside the top 20, he has been wrestling really well and I think he will be in the mix to punch a ticket 

Man I am late on my Catherdral Duals I didn’t see either result for Bissmeyer or Smith. I saw smith beat Schott at ihswca but i didn’t see the rematch with McMahon. If he rebounded and got that win he should be higher then 8. Jones rebounded with a strong win over Clark then beat Dom this past weekend. 

I for sure didn’t see the Lian win at 106 that is a really good win. Lian has been wrestling well, Bissmeyer also has a good win over Chavez Mishawaka.

Classic Catherdral peaking at the Right time, great coaching 

IGood stuff, but hard to see how my guy Brev Thrine behind O'Neil and spears when he pinned their common opponent Franklin who beat O'Neil, O'Neill beat Spears... Thrines loss is to #2  Todd by 1 in a war.. Dominant wins over #20,#13,#9 and various other studs. 

Great job regardless brother, just giving ya a hard time.. We both know the only number that matters is the 1 at the podium! 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

IGood stuff, but hard to see how my guy Brev Thrine behind O'Neil and spears when he pinned their common opponent Franklin who beat O'Neil, O'Neill beat Spears... Thrines loss is to #2  Todd by 1 in a war.. Dominant wins over #20,#13,#9 and various other studs. 

Great job regardless brother, just giving ya a hard time.. We both know the only number that matters is the 1 at the podium! 

Mr FCFIGHTER170. Brevan's win over #9 Cameron Clark was a tight match. A match that Clark was leading for 2 periods. The 3rd period was tied 4-4 until the last :49 when things got real interesting and into a situation that Clark ended up on his back. I wouldn't say it was dominant by any sense of the word. I think it's great that you promote your guys but let's not go overboard.

21 minutes ago, bwoodjc89 said:

Mr FCFIGHTER170. Brevan's win over #9 Cameron Clark was a tight match. A match that Clark was leading for 2 periods. The 3rd period was tied 4-4 until the last :49 when things got real interesting and into a situation that Clark ended up on his back. I wouldn't say it was dominant by any sense of the word. I think it's great that you promote your guys but let's not go overboard.

I guess catching someone in a cowcatcher while the other opponent was deep in on a shot is dominant lol...

7 minutes ago, bwoodjc89 said:

Gorilla Chest GIF

7 minutes ago, Manimal2001 said:

I guess catching someone in a cowcatcher while the other opponent was deep in on a shot is dominant lol...

Cowcatchers (also known as a cattle catcher, cow plow or pilot) are devices used by the engines to deflect obstacles from the tracks as they pull their load.  I think you are referring to a bulldog: a move popularized by Austanus DeSanto in the year AD. 2020.drexel university austin desanto GIF by Drexel Dragons

4 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Cowcatchers (also known as a cattle catcher, cow plow or pilot) are devices used by the engines to deflect obstacles from the tracks as they pull their load.  I think you are referring to a bulldog: a move popularized by Austanus DeSanto in the year AD. 2020.drexel university austin desanto GIF by Drexel Dragons

I call it bulldog too, funny depending the room you're in the name its called haha

4 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Cowcatchers (also known as a cattle catcher, cow plow or pilot) are devices used by the engines to deflect obstacles from the tracks as they pull their load.  I think you are referring to a bulldog: a move popularized by Austanus DeSanto in the year AD. 2020.

AKA cement job, kindergartener killer, cowboy, and my old coach called it a ball and chain. 

6 hours ago, bwoodjc89 said:

I'll be sure to next time and ask how I should word it . 

6 hours ago, Manimal2001 said:

I guess Getting a pin isn't dominant, next time I'm going to make sure I ask the post police how I should word MY posts. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I guess Getting a pin isn't dominant, next time I'm going to make sure I ask the post police how I should word MY posts. 

How many times have we seen someone completely controlling the match and just get caught? 

A pin doesn't mean dominate IMO 

That is unless he puts on a takedown clinic and then just sticks his opponent as we we have seen many times as well 

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

How many times have we seen someone completely controlling the match and just get caught? 

That is unless he puts on a takedown clinic and then just sticks his opponent as we we have seen many times as well 

You can't be more dominant than a fall.  What happens before matters not.  "If, If was a fifth we'd all ..........Think About It GIF by Identity

On 1/18/2023 at 6:51 PM, 1prouddad said:

The term, Caught is BS, it could be said somebody was caught all those times they got Taken down.. Caught is a term used for Criminals, fish and Balls

Edited by FCFIGHTER170