Evv SS talk.

1prouddad

15 minutes ago, Hizzle said:

People sleeping on him in this very thread, looked like they didn’t have him getting out of the second round. And when I said he has the biggest upset of the tournament so far I was referring to the Buchanan win…. 

I may not be a very smart man(left this open for @TeamGarciagif) but I’m not seeing anyone else with their picks. So how are people overlooking him on this thread. 
as I said, these are my picks and I wish all well. If the young man gets the job done, excellent for him. 

1 minute ago, 1prouddad said:

I may not be a very smart man(left this open for @TeamGarciagif) but I’m not seeing anyone else with their picks. So how are people overlooking him on this thread. 
as I said, these are my picks and I wish all well. If the young man gets the job done, excellent for him. 

I got you 

Dumb And Dumber Ketchup GIF 

9 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

I got you!!! Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

11 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

If this referring to me bout  picking …. I can’t, because I have inside intelligence source that Brownsburg will win this Semi State . I’m not telling you or anybody else my source is . He BIG and goes by 3x B . Joe gave me his address but I was on suspension on here and didn’t have access to my inbox at the time . I’m going by his picks .  

May The Fourth Be With You Do It GIF by Star Wars 

also threatened me with Yoda cause he thinks he knows everything on Dirty South Wrestling . 

9 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

If this referring to me bout  picking …. I can’t, because I have inside intelligence source that Brownsburg will win this Semi State . I’m not telling you or anybody else my source is . He BIG and goes by 3x B . Joe gave me his address but I was on suspension on here and didn’t have access to my inbox at the time . I’m going by his picks .  

also threatened me with Yoda cause he thinks he knows everything on Dirty South Wrestling . 

Not directed at you as far as picks. 
Not sure there’s much more source needed to know that BB will walk away at SS on top here. Evv regional as you can see by my picks are a bit down this year. 

4 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

This is it. It must’ve went right past @TeamGarciabut he may have his hands full figuring out a way for you all to force bananas into a slot machine. 

Only picking I’m doing is, In my Gif defense

who’s not smarter ? 

Dumb and Dumber vs. Forest Gump 

All day World Champ Dumb & Dumber 

My predictions for the Evansville Semi-State.  Picks in order

Moving to State /

Mater Dei 9   

Brownsburg 8

Center Grove 7

Memorial 4

Avon 3

Castle 3

Columbus East 3

Floyd Central 2

B South 2

N Posey 2

North Knox 1

Tell City 1

Crawford Co 1

Indian Creek 1

Whiteland 1 

Edgewood 1

Plainfield 1

Ben Davis 1

Charlestown 1

Southridge 1

Mt. Vernon 1

Sullivan 1

1.Jake Hockaday

2. Isaiah Schaefer

3.Luke Riuox

4. Donnie Feeder

1.Evan Seng

2.Preston Haines 

3.Jackson Heaston

4.Eddie Goss

1.Logan Miller

2.Lane Gilbert

3.Reed Egli

4.Blake Zirkelback

1.Joey Butler

2.Braden Haines

3.KT Nelson

4. Landon Horning

1.Brady Ison

2.Cheany Schoeff

3.Coy Hammack

4.Colton Schneider

1.Cash Turner

2.Ashton Hayhurst

3.Keegan Williams

4.Silas Sitts

1.Haydon Watson

2Nicolas Castelluccio

3.Braedon Speers

4.Anfernee Oliver

1.Delaney Ruhlman

2.Hunter May

3.Nick Cicciarlli

4.Andre Merritt

1.Kade Law

2.J Coneay

3.Landon Boe

4.Chris Newman

1.Brody Baumann

2.Benjamin Phillips

3.Codei Khawaja

4.Aiden Farmer

1.Drake Buchanan

2. Gunner Henry

3.Reid Schroeder

4.Clay Martin

1.Gabe Sollars

2. Wyatt Willman

3. John Purdy

4. Evan Clayton

1. Nathan Critchfield

2. Tommy Morrill

3. Kelton Farmer

4. Royce Deckard

1. Leighton Jones

2.James Ralph

3.Beau Noland

4.Ashton Hartwell

4 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

YOU being the first one to make picks get the honor of being "people". The quintessential internet of taking an example and making it the norm.  

I'll say this....   I think you're nuts to leave out Gunnar Henry.  BUT, only a little nuts, because Bray Emerine is no slouch.  So I give you credit for taking that shot.  That's the beauty of picks.  Some may be a lot crazy, some a little crazy, but if everyone picked chalk it would be boring as hell.  I haven't done picks yet, but I'm sure people would think some of mine are nuts.  Many people already think I'm nuts!

Some random thoughts after a quick peek at the brackets...

106 - Isaiah Schaefer has a win over LaRocca but will he do it again?  One of those great wrestlers goes home.  If Schaefer wins, expect a crazy battle in the semi against Luke Rioux.  Rioux won 14-13 this year.  Didn't see it, but can't imagine it was boring!
113 - I like Evan Seng's draw to the Final, but a semifinal against Liam Krueger is far from a given.  Krueger and Eddie Goss should be a fun ticket round match. Preston Haines will likely be the Champ in a tough Final.
120 - Lane Gilbert is really solid and I expect him to win, but a TR match against Reese Courtney should be fun.  The quadrant of Noah Lykins, Vince Kessinger, Seth Syra and Reed Egli makes my head hurt.  Lykins has a TF over Kessinger, but Vince has a win by fall over Reese Courtney and Reed Egli.  Egli later avenged the loss, but Kessinger can't be overlooked even though he's the lowest ranked in the group.  An opener with Syra and Egli is crazy.  Expect fireworks from the beginning and whoever gets out of that quadrant will have earned it. 
126 - Michael Tharpe finished 4th at SS last year.  He opens against Landon Horning, a freshman who's very good and likely toughened up the past few weeks against KT Nelson.  My guess is Horning isn't ready for Prime Time, but don't be shocked if I'm wrong. Joey Buttler and KT Nelson should be one helluva semifinal!
132 - TR match Wyatt Krejsa and Coy Hammack should be fun!  Neither deserves to go home this early!  Odin Fortune and Ayden Amento are solid wrestlers but landed in the wrong quadrants and both will go home early.  Would have liked to see them get someone not named Ison/Schoeff in the TR.
138- Gavin Garcia vs. Keegan Williams is an interesting TR match.  Garcia is tested, favored and should win. But Williams is a live dog.  Will this be his year to break through? Garcia vs. Turner will be tough.  Think the winner faces Hayhurst. 
145 - It's Hayden Watson and everyone else for 2nd.  
152 - Delaney Ruhlman is the prohibitive favorite.  Hunter May seems to be healthy and back on track.  Can Nick Cicciarelli crash the party?
160 - Deep Deep Deep - J Conway has to be the slight favorite, but would not be surprised to see Landon Boe or Kade Law win it at all.  Chris Newman and Luke Kemper are sleepers.  Newman is a senior and is poised to make a run.  His 11-6 loss to Conway is as close as anyone not named Kade Law has been. 
170 - It's the Brody Baumann show.  Codei Khawaja is game, but Brody has handled him over the past few years, both in folk and freestyle.  I like the potential Caden Brewer - Aiden Farmer TR match.  Freshman vs. Senior.  
182 - Reid Schroeder and Drake Buchanan made the SS Semifinal last year, but Schroeder Inj Def.  Will he get his shot at him this year? I expect Gunnar Henry to get to the Final, but his TR match against Bray Emerine could provide a surprise.
195 - The shock here will be if the top 3 aren't Sollars, Purdy and Willman.  Can Willman find a way to knock off Purdy?  Can Purdy bounce back after losing the last 2 against Sollars after beating him early?
220 - Critchfield is the favorite, but this weight is deeper than I initially thought.  Could see several guys advancing to State.  Can anyone knock off Critchfield?
285 - Anything can happen with the big boys.  But a semifinal match between James Ralph and Jacob Johnson should be fun.  Ralph won 7-4 at the MD Holiday Classic.  Can Ashton Hartwell surprise Leighton Jones?  I'm guessing no.  Jones wins it all.   

Edited by SWINfan

Hey Southern Side, numbers are off!!!!

Moving to State /

Mater Dei 9   

Brownsburg 8

Center Grove 7

Memorial 4

Avon 3

Castle 3

Columbus East 3

Floyd Central 2

B South 2

N Posey 2

North Knox 1

Tell City 1

Crawford Co 1

Indian Creek 1

Whiteland 1 

Edgewood 1

Plainfield 1

Ben Davis 1

Charlestown 1

Southridge 1

Mt. Vernon 1

Sullivan 1

Only 55 wrestlers , you forgot 1.  Mt. Vernon 2. Bigtoe19 great info.

22 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

No particular order

106-Hockaday,Rioux,LaRocca,Feeler

113-Haines,Krueger,Heaston,Seng

120-Gilbert,Miller,Lykins,Zirkelbach

126-KT,Haines,Butler,Tharpe

132-Schoeff,Ison,Hammock,Roudebush

138-Garcia,Hayhurst,Turner,Roudebush

145-Watson,Garcia,Spencer,Oliver

152-Ruhlman,May,Cicciarelli,DuPont 

160-Conway,Newman,Law,Boe

170-Baumann,Phillips,Khawaja,Farmer

182-Buchanan,Emirine,McBee,Farmer

195-Sollars,Purdy,Willman,Clayton

220-Critchfield,Morrill,Farmer,Deckard

285-Jones,Johnson,Ralph,Hartwell. 

These are just my picks. 

but best of luck to all. The real winners  going to be the fans once again. 

down forget to get your family size order of BBQ pulled pork nachos. This also serves a great cause for underprivileged kids. It helps to get them off the wrong track in life and help steer them in right direction via a non profit organization called Boom Squad. 

It will be interesting to see LaRocca v Schaefer at 106. Definitely some fireworks!

18 hours ago, Southern Side said:

My predictions for the Evansville Semi-State.  Picks in order

Moving to State /

Mater Dei 9   

Brownsburg 8

Center Grove 7

Memorial 4

Avon 3

Castle 3

Columbus East 3

Floyd Central 2

B South 2

N Posey 2

North Knox 1

Tell City 1

Crawford Co 1

Indian Creek 1

Whiteland 1 

Edgewood 1

Plainfield 1

Ben Davis 1

Charlestown 1

Southridge 1

Mt. Vernon 1

Sullivan 1

1.Jake Hockaday

2. Isaiah Schaefer

3.Luke Riuox

4. Donnie Feeder

1.Evan Seng

2.Preston Haines 

3.Jackson Heaston

4.Eddie Goss

1.Logan Miller

2.Lane Gilbert

3.Reed Egli

4.Blake Zirkelback

1.Joey Butler

2.Braden Haines

3.KT Nelson

4. Landon Horning

1.Brady Ison

2.Cheany Schoeff

3.Coy Hammack

4.Colton Schneider

1.Cash Turner

2.Ashton Hayhurst

3.Keegan Williams

4.Silas Sitts

1.Haydon Watson

2Nicolas Castelluccio

3.Braedon Speers

4.Anfernee Oliver

1.Delaney Ruhlman

2.Hunter May

3.Nick Cicciarlli

4.Andre Merritt

1.Kade Law

2.J Coneay

3.Landon Boe

4.Chris Newman

1.Brody Baumann

2.Benjamin Phillips

3.Codei Khawaja

4.Aiden Farmer

1.Drake Buchanan

2. Gunner Henry

3.Reid Schroeder

4.Clay Martin

1.Gabe Sollars

2. Wyatt Willman

3. John Purdy

4. Evan Clayton

1. Nathan Critchfield

2. Tommy Morrill

3. Kelton Farmer

4. Royce Deckard

1. Leighton Jones

2.James Ralph

3.Beau Noland

4.Ashton Hartwell

285 not picking Jacob Johnson is funny

9 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

285 not picking Jacob Johnson is funny

One of them Johnson & Johnson has to be spread around out, ones got a Ticket Rounder at 285 . I think it’s the Center Grove Johnson . Way to many Johnson & Johnson at this weight , I agree that Johnson is pretty good . Gave Jones a good match at Regionals . 

1 minute ago, TeamGarcia said:

One of them Johnson & Johnson has to be spread around out, ones got a Ticket Rounder at 285 . I think it’s the Center Grove Johnson . Way to many Johnson & Johnson at this weight , I agree that Johnson is pretty good . Gave Jones a good match at Regionals . 

Jacob Johnson and Leighton will probably be the finals for the next two weekends. Ralph has to get through the scrappy Nate Johnson of Center Grove first, and I've been saying for the last year Jacob can go with Leighton. He was everywhere during the offseason and elevated his game tremendously.

21 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

I love you

On 2/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, TeamGarcia said:

Magic 8 Ball GIF by Jim Gaffigan 

Wouldn’t say sleeping unless ….  Let’s pretend your looking at my magical 8 ball that tells me what happens in other peoples lives  …. I believe it 100% 

@ontherise219 has him way to low at his 182 rankings ranking him #10 … he was in fact sleeping while pitching when he took a softball to the head while pitching practice, took a line drive to the dome. Absolutely sleeping with a concussion ! Must’ve knocked him out cold sleeping . But he’s a ranker here, accidents while practicing softball happens .  He does a very good job at his winter hobby . Idk he’ll come on here and explain what to him in a couple mins of being tagged on here I bet . 😂

I shake it again are they sleeping on Henry and says he dropped weight class around Team State. He’s beating almost every 195 he faced while he was there . Took a loss at 182 at Conference which …. was a bad call in the match was the deciding factor. It happens to the best of them . My opinion . Mike ranked him off this factor while going through results that @mikemorganposted here on this website . 
I’m going to have to agree with first shake of magic 8 ball . It tells me everything. 😂

😂😂that first loss at 82 had to drop

him some but in the OTR confidence poll he is much higher. He is a beast, the brain trust at Bburg having him at going 82 and possibly missing some death draws(maybe the other way for those guys) 

I had to retire from front toss after that. 

The Evansville semi state is nastier than usual this year some straight CRAZY draws some "curtain jerkers" for sure! So glad we are back at the Ford Center although Jasper was a great host last year I am very excited to be back at this awesome venue! Excited to see some Cadets get to compete and hopefully punch their tickets would be the first time since 2014 Cascade has sent someone to state! 

Goodluck to everyone preparing for this awesome event!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.