Post-Season Predictions

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR. The time when some of the best athletes in the state showcase their skill in front of a state wide audience in striving for the ultimate goal of a podium appearance at Banker's Life Fieldhouse. With week one of the post-season finalized and the brackets for week two officially posted, let's hear some predictions for finale. Which athletes will be "at the top of the podium" come the end of February? Which athletes hold the greatest potential of being "Dark Horses?" Will Hook 'n Half build yet another legendary "IHSAA Wrestling State Championship all-name" team? Bring on some predictions!

Top of the podium predictions:

106- Rooks

113- Cummings

120- Hildebrandt

126- Hudkins

132- Lee

138- Coy

145- Lee

152- Lawrence

160- Covaciu

170- Hughes

182- Rypel

195- Tonte

220- Woods

285- Streck

Interesting prediction of Tonte at 195. What will change between Team State and individual that will allow to overcome the defeat handed to him by Wilderman? Also, Lee v. Red. Score prediction?

Interesting prediction of Tonte at 195. What will change between Team State and individual that will allow to overcome the defeat handed to him by Wilderman? Also, Lee v. Red. Score prediction?

Tonte was a State Runner-up last year. He has been on that floor at Bankers Life and won. My prediction could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time but I'm going with Tonte this time around if they meet up.

Lee over Red 6-5

1st- T2 Lee, E1 Red

2nd- E1 Red, T2 Red, E1 Lee

3rd- E1 Lee

OT- No score

30 sec- E1 Red

30 sec- E1 Lee

30 sec- E1 Lee

106 - Mills

113 - Cummings

120 - Hildebrandt

126 - Bailey

132 - Red

138 - McKinney

145 - Lee

152 - Lawrence

160 - Covaciu

170 - Hughes

182 - Rypel

195 - Tonte

220 - Parris

285 - Streck

i would change

106 garcia

120 reitz

132 lee

138 coy

152 mccormick

182 davison( 8-4 over rypel)

195 wildeman

My top 2 in each weight class

106: Moran and Rooks

113: Cummings White

120: Hildebrandt Langeloh

126: Bailey Hudkins

132: Red Lee

138: Coy Lee

145: Lee Laughlin

152: McCormick Lawrence

160: Covaciu Bane

170: Hughes Walton

182: Rypel Davison

195: Tonte Stewart

220: Woods Parris

285: Streck Clem

Sleepers that could get to finals

- 113 Geoffrey Davis

-138 Kyle Hatch

-145 Austin Bethel

-220 Evan Ellis

Maybe the same thing that happened between when Tonte first lost to Jones then beat him the 2nd time.  Anything can happen on the mat and no match is a guaranteed win.  

Edited by NPSmith

My top 3 for fun (without consideration of potential bracket placement):

106  Rooks, Mills, Curtis

113   Cummings, White, Triana

120   Hildebrandt, Glogouski, Reitz

126   Bailey, Hudkins, Torres

132   Red, Lee,  Melloh

138  Lee, Eldred, Coy

145  Lee, Vaughn, Timberman

152  Lawrence, McCormick, Johnson or Dunn

160  Covaciu, Bane, Ruberg

170  Hughes, Hughes, more Hughes

182  Rypel, Jones, Davison

195  Stewart,  Tonte,  Wilderman

220  Woods, Parris, Larson

285 Streck

1 darkhorse that I think can win it is White. Now I know that he is a well known wrestler who is ranked high, but everyone is saying Cummings and not even giving anybody else a chance. Not saying that he is my pick to win 113, but I'm saying that you should not count him out. 

1 darkhorse that I think can win it is White. Now I know that he is a well known wrestler who is ranked high, but everyone is saying Cummings and not even giving anybody else a chance. Not saying that he is my pick to win 113, but I'm saying that you should not count him out. 

I do not even consider him a dark horse. I believe the two best in that weight class are Turner and White. I believe even though Cummings is a state champion he is not the favorite at this weight, just my opinion.

I do not even consider him a dark horse. I believe the two best in that weight class are Turner and White. I believe even though Cummings is a state champion he is not the favorite at this weight, just my opinion.

I think that the next two weekends will help guide me in my prediciton for 113. If Turner takes out white again then he'll have to be my new favorite. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.