Micic

vito pepperelli

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Tech Fall. Micic definitely proving a point!

Just the scores wow pin and TF the filed, the Micic of old!! Def sending a message to the doubters out there, Next week should be exciting! I hope him & Lee meet in the finals its what the fans want to see! I have never seen Lee wrestle but If Micic wrestles like today I dont see anyone beating him or even keeping it close. Ill say Micic gets his 3rd title and Maj the field, no disrespect to Lee but Micic has been nationally ranked top 3 the past 2 seasons for a reason.

Go get em Stevan!

Just the scores wow pin and TF the filed, the Micic of old!! Def sending a message to the doubters out there, Next week should be exciting! I hope him & Lee meet in the finals its what the fans want to see! I have never seen Lee wrestle but If Micic wrestles like today I dont see anyone beating him or even keeping it close. Ill say Micic gets his 3rd title and Maj the field, no disrespect to Lee but Micic has been nationally ranked top 3 the past 2 seasons for a reason.

Go get em Stevan!

I think most wrestling fans hope the match-up happens under the lights.  However, if Micic has the skills to Major Lee then I look forward to watching him in the Olympics in 2016 or 2020. 

I think most wrestling fans hope the match-up happens under the lights.  However, if Micic has the skills to Major Lee then I look forward to watching him in the Olympics in 2016 or 2020.

Micic representing team USA is definitely a possibility. A lot can happen before then but micic is definitely on the right path, as is Lee. The south will be all rooting fir lee as us region rats will be pulling for micic! I hope the bracket gods have them on opposite side's it would be a shame to see them meet in semis

Next weekend can't come soon enough, as a fan this match is my #1 must see at bankers life

Micic representing team USA is definitely a possibility. A lot can happen before then but micic is definitely on the right path, as is Lee. The south will be all rooting fir lee as us region rats will be pulling for micic! I hope the bracket gods have them on opposite side's it would be a shame to see them meet in semis

Next weekend can't come soon enough, as a fan this match is my #1 must see at bankers life

Devil dog where have you been? GOOD to see you back! I agree, being from the region we will she rooting for micic.. I've never seen lee wrestle, a freshman under the lights against a senior.. Do you think nerves will hurt him or can he live up to the hype!!!

Praying we see them in the finals!

Devil dog where have you been? GOOD to see you back! I agree, being from the region we will she rooting for micic.. I've never seen lee wrestle, a freshman under the lights against a senior.. Do you think nerves will hurt him or can he live up to the hype!!!

Praying we see them in the finals!

Believe me when I say that being under the lights Will Not bother him. He's been in the big spots already. I believe he won Fargo and then won cadet Pan Games in Colombia last year. Should be a great match though

Micic just made a statement with his TF against Davis.  Most of the Micic haters were using the close match they had early in the year as proof that Lee can beat him.  Its not going to happen, but it should be a fun match to watch.

I think people giving Lee a chance are using his life time career wrestling achievements. That match just showed the northern part of the state he has a chance. Anyone else who has followed him or seen him wrestle knew before the season his chances.

Watching Lee unwravel every single opponent through semi state like they are a ball of yarn means nothing to this scenario. Micic has done the same. What I have witnessed and know from watching Micic for 3 years is he doesn't have the vast ways of scoring like Lee. One doesn't need comparison matches to try to figure out which is better. Seeing both wrestle and knowing the competition Lee has wrestled around the country I still like Lee by 2 points.

I'm excited to see lee wrestle but I would be surprised if he beats micic. If he does, he's likely the best freshman to come threw indiana and I'm sorry but if he does win, I doubt anyone even touches him the next 3 years, even if someone like red ends up in his weight.

I'm excited to see lee wrestle but I would be surprised if he beats micic. If he does, he's likely the best freshman to come threw indiana and I'm sorry but if he does win, I doubt anyone even touches him the next 3 years, even if someone like red ends up in his weight.

Red is a great wrestler in his own respect. State Champions are studs but Red honestly doesn't compare to either of these wrestlers. I doubt he will handle Hudkins after watching him wrestle Lahue. I think Lahue will rebound from that match and wrestle better at State so Red will have all he wants from both of those two.

That was the best ive seen Micic all year he dominated Davis 19-5 going in to the third. He looked so fast every takedown he was looking for back. Not to put down Evansville but Johnson had beat Molloy at al smith and Davis is a stud. Micic dominated better wrestlers.

He got in on the legs so quick and deep they had no chance of defending those shots. Very impressive day for Micic.

Lee didn't have davis in his semistate

I have no horse in this race, but I don't get all

the fear of wrestling Davis, or Micic. First, Congrats to this young man for his academy appointment, that truly is an accomplishment. But when talking just pure wrestling statistics, he was a 15,10, and 7 loss wrestler that Micic had tech'd previous, and could only beat 9-7 and 2-1. I don't think Lee is fearing these guys.

the fear of wrestling Davis, or Micic. First, Congrats to this young man for his academy appointment, that truly is an accomplishment. But when talking just pure wrestling statistics, he was a 15,10, and 7 loss wrestler that Micic had tech'd previous, and could only beat 9-7 and 2-1. I don't think Lee is fearing these guys.

Have you seen Micic wrestle live? I'm guessing not, so I don't want to read about what you think. I've seen Micic wrestle many times, but have never had the opportunity to see Lee, which is why I have yet to render an opinion on who I think will win or who the better wrestler is. It just makes me laugh when I read about all of the "knowledgable" wrestling fans giving an opinion about Micic when they in many cases have never seen him, or use last year's finals match as a reference point. If we are using one match to provide evidence to greatness, I'll counter with the fact that he dominated a wrestler that will be wrestling in the Dapper Dan en route to his first title. I will not make a prediction, but I will say Micic was very impressive yesterday and will be tough to beat next weekend.  Should he be beaten, I'm sure he'll conduct himself with the same dignity I've come to see with him. He's been a true pleasure to watch and I will be rooting for him to win a 3rd title.

i was saying that micic dominated imo a tougher field. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. Micic is a great wrestler and is ranked so highly for a reason. His biggest knock on the national stage is that he primarily wrestles only freestyle on the national level. Would I be surprised if Lee won? No. Would I be surprised if Micic majored Lee? No, not really.

Did anyone else see in the third when it was 19-4 and Davis picked top Stevan have a smile and a wink to someone in the first row. That micic who wrestled Saturday is untouchable.

Yes someone right next to me yelled Go Stevan (something like that) and he did wink and give a smile. Being 10 feet or so away from that match he looked great.  Those takedowns looked so quick and effortless. 

Did anyone else see in the third when it was 19-4 and Davis picked top Stevan have a smile and a wink to someone in the first row. That micic who wrestled Saturday is untouchable.

That is the Micic I hope and expect to see at state.

I was talking with Stevan shortly after weigh ins. He told me he was going to leave "no doubts today". I thought he accomplished that. He had a scowl on his face before the semi with Davis that I've not seen before. And school was clearly in session 19-5 after TWO periods(wasn't the lee vs davis final 10-4?) what a great show for the fans in his final appearance at Mville.

Thanks for the memories Stevan!

And I would expect to see that same scowl on Saturday. Micic by a major in very controlling fashion over Lee.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.