Lee vs. Micic

Bruschi

I realize that there has been a lot of talk for this match already but really hope this one is under the lights.  I thought Micic was a for sure 3 timer but thinking Lee might be able to beat him.  Going to be great match, hope both are 100%.  Reminds me so much of the Cashe/Tsirtsis match a few years back.

Lee is far and away the most talented wrestler (freshman year) to ever wrestle for a very proud and successful program. That in itself speaks volumes about that kid. He is not only a great wrestler but his entire family including Nick are the greatest folks you will ever meet. I got Nick Lee winning this one 5-3.

Lee is far and away the most talented wrestler (freshman year) to ever wrestle for a very proud and successful program. That in itself speaks volumes about that kid. He is not only a great wrestler but his entire family including Nick are the greatest folks you will ever meet. I got Nick Lee winning this one 5-3.

Far and away?  Did you ever see a kid by the name of Maurer wrestle?

Lee is a freak, and I started that fun topic earlier this year, but I think Tsirtis freshman year vs Lee's this year... I'd have to give to Tsirtis. That's a fun topic to discuss, but JMO... I think Tsirtis was just a lot stronger than Lee. And then uk... you go Micic vs Cashe.?.?.. The competition differences. Also, I think my opinion is very very biased because for some silly reason I think Indiana High School wrestling was better in that era. By better I mean better wrestlers...

in that era??? wtf you act like that was eons ago...and let me add this Nuttybar, you are always so far off your rocker on just about every post you ever make....here is a small piece of advice for you Nutball, just read the threads, stop posting comments, bcuz you are a MORON...

in that era??? wtf you act like that was eons ago...and let me add this Nuttybar, you are always so far off your rocker on just about every post you ever make....here is a small piece of advice for you Nutball, just read the threads, stop posting comments, bcuz you are a MORON...

Well dang, tell us how you really feel. Geez, isn't this website about discussions, debates & opinions..? I just meant era like 4 years at a time. The Howe's, Humphrey's, Tsirtis's, Escobedo's, etc.. but alright brotha. Thanks for your opinion, maybe I do shut up...  :/

Far and away?  Did you ever see a kid by the name of Maurer wrestle?

I watched Blake Maurer wrestle his entire high school career, and without a doubt, he is the best Mater Dei has produced. But, at this point (being a freshman), Lee is far, far ahead of where Blake was as a freshman. In my 20-years of watching high school wrestling, I have seen some of Indiana's best, but no one has impressed me more than Lee. He has the potential, to be the best Mater Dei wrestler ever. It's early in his career, but if he stays healthy and avoids injury, he has the potential to be one of Indiana's best also. Lets not get the cart ahead of the horse. Lee just needs to wrestle one match at a time.

I've seen Micic several times, and I do think that if anyone in Indiana can beat Lee, it would be Micic. But with that being said, I actually don't think Micic will. I'm going with Lee. Could be the match of the year.

Maurer won several close matches his freshman year....including some overtime matches in the state finals I'm pretty sure.  I don't think Lee will have a close match until he faces Micic, and unless he faces Davis again.

You should also take into account the accomplishments he already has as a Freshman. Fila Cadet National Runner-Up, USAW Cadet All-American(3rd), Fila Pan Am Champion and a Cadet World Team Member.  When looking at all of that, there is really no argument about anyone else coming close to him during their Freshman year.

Well dang, tell us how you really feel. Geez, isn't this website about discussions, debates & opinions..? I just meant era like 4 years at a time. The Howe's, Humphrey's, Tsirtis's, Escobedo's, etc.. but alright brotha. Thanks for your opinion, maybe I do shut up...  :/

4 years can be considered an era :) like the kids who were freshman my senior year are gone now so my era is gone. Don't worry some people are bitter

Maurer won several close matches his freshman year....including some overtime matches in the state finals I'm pretty sure.  I don't think Lee will have a close match until he faces Micic, and unless he faces Davis again.

Even so, Lee beat Davis already with flying colors. Whereas Micic beat him 3-2.  I don't see Lee having a problem if he faces Davis again.  Looking forward to great matchup in 2 weeks.  Hard to tell who will come out on top at this point.

I'll take Micic by a takedown.

Me too.  But I also have to admit that the Lee kid looked almost unbeatable at the State Team Tournament at Westfield.  I can just see this one going OT and being low scoring.  Got to go with the experience of 2 state championships.   

It would be a pity of they were on the same side of the bracket at State.  How does that work, btw?

Blind draw.  If my statistics are right.  (Not my best class)  There is about a 33.3% chance they will be on the same side.  There has been many a state finals in the semi-finals.

Even so, Lee beat Davis already with flying colors. Whereas Micic beat him 3-2.  I don't see Lee having a problem if he faces Davis again.  Looking forward to great matchup in 2 weeks.  Hard to tell who will come out on top at this point.

It's been stated on here multiple times that Davis and Micic have wrestled several times.  Just Like Orndorf and Broukal, the first time Broukal won by pin, the second time it was a major, then the third time it was 1-5.  The same scenario happened with Davis and Micic, they have wrestled so much the score gets tighter every time.  They know how each other wrestles. 

and throw this one in......micic and davis are probably gonna see each other this coming weekend at semi state.....in the semi finals.....what if that 3-2 micic victory gets turned around this time?.....micic could end up 3 seed then.....wouldn't that shake up the potential "greatest finals match ever"........

and throw this one in......micic and davis are probably gonna see each other this coming weekend at semi state.....in the semi finals.....what if that 3-2 micic victory gets turned around this time?.....micic could end up 3 seed then.....wouldn't that shake up the potential "greatest finals match ever"........

It's MUCH easier to wrestle someone closer than to reverse the match outcome.  Especially against someone of Micic's caliber.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.