MD vs Union Co (KY)

IF they were to bump and put in Schweizer, I think they would have to bump somebody out up top, someone like Kempf at 170. It would be hard to take out Lee, Jourdan, Seng, Pierre, Weinzapfel, or Forzley. Mater Dei's depth down low with the capability to plug in Lehman and Schweizer makes them a very tough dual meet team and hard to game plan for.

Union County brings a great tradition and many ranked wrestlers. UC 120 is ranked second in the state. In KY if you ranked in top 4-6 they are usually very good.

I think that 120 is a toss up....126 will be a battle......and 132 Ervin will win but Jordan makes it interesting...

union county is ranked #1 and brings 11 ranked wrestlers to md, including two ranked first and two ranked second.

mater dei counters with eight ranked wrestlers. 

although union county has been coming to the holiday classic for a number of years, the braves and wildcats have not wrestled a dual since 1983.

union county has a terrific wrestling tradition and rabid fans.  they will bring a large contingent to the meet.

get there early;  expect a full house.

For MD to win this match, it is important for them not to give up many points at 195, 220, & 285. It's very possible that UC could get three pins in those three matches. Of course I don't know, but I think MD will wrestle straight up. No real advantage to bumping. I will be there. Should be a great evening of wrestling.

Hopefully someone will be tweeting or updating the results on here tonight.

I will try to tweet/post results as they happen.  Should be a great night of wrestling.  There are some great matchups if both teams wrestle straight up and I think both will.  Blackwell vs. Lee is the biggest match of the night for the fans, but some other great ones will be, Oxford vs. Seng, Dezember vs. Johnson and Ervin vs. Jourdan.  Sheffer vs. Luigs and Gahafer vs. Weinzapfel feature ranked Union Country wrestlers against unranked wrestlers from MD.  I would not count out the MD wrestlers in those matches, both are very good. 

UCHS had the following tweet a couple of hours ago:

Can't make it to Evansville tonight?  Watch Union County vs Mater Dei LIVE on @livestream:  livestre.am/4lrWU.@UCHSathletics

obviously, jon h has the technological upper hand.  i heard he is from posey county.

i guess you can take the boy out of the country

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.