Rankings

WrestlingMan2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, the guy is going to take heat for saying Micic is a lock, but the irony of it all is that when it comes time to make state champion predictions at the end of the year, many of the people who have a problem with his statement will also be taking Micic as their pick for either 120 or 126.  Micic is a class act and no one man's opinion is going to change that or the fact that people will be coming at him with their best shot this year.  Davis threw caution to the wind and represented himself well in the finals by doing so.  I will be rooting for Stevan to win his 3rd title and will be choosing him as my pick at any weight he decides to wrestle this year.  Very excited for the year to start.

Micic also teched Davis twice that year. It's hard to beat a good wrestler three times in a row anyways. Davis wrestled a great match and will be competing for a title, But seeing as the guy mimic will be seeing in the final probably won't even wrestle him once... good luck.

any chance of forte and lecount meeting up before state?.......do they wrestle at any point during the season?

106 ??? Apparently you have never seen Konrath wrestle I watched last year at iswa as he was clearly out sized by the kids he wrestled as he systematically worked his way up to the finals match.  Where he lost by a small margin to a highschool state placer by a small margin.  If my memory serves me right, he was winning that match until the very end.  So for him to be ranked 3 I'd hate to see who is gonna just waltz up and take this class.

I would have to agree, 120 is crazy stacked. By far the deepest pool of studs. 126 has micic, Wilson and Lee then it thins out a bit, not as deep. 106/113 appear to be wide open, anyone's to take. With LeCount moving up to 145 it opened 138 completely open. Could be a good weight for some to drop or move up and win a title. 145 with Forte vs LeCount, awesome!

Sorry meant to attach this quote for my above comments. 8) ???

106 ??? Apparently you have never seen Konrath wrestle I watched last year at iswa as he was clearly out sized by the kids he wrestled as he systematically worked his way up to the finals match.  Where he lost by a small margin to a highschool state placer by a small margin.  If my memory serves me right, he was winning that match until the very end.  So for him to be ranked 3 I'd hate to see who is gonna just waltz up and take this class.

the person who beat Konrath is ranked one ;). Egli, who's ranked 2nd has had a nice little success,  then you have konrath, any of them can win. Glogouski is also tough, and has a shot. It is pretty wide open. I don't know much about Reitz and Cummings but seeing their rankings, they are probably pretty solid too.

Looks like New Castle will be a meat grinder again this year. So far there are 14 kids ranked in the top 16 of their weight class who will not be making the trip down state. #138 alone has 8 of the 16 kids going through New Castle. That's rough.

Htfit78, you lost me. I didn't say Konrath couldn't beat anyone. I actually never mentioned any 106's by name. I merely stated that IMO 106/113 is wide open, no clear favorite as in years past.

I'm pretty sure he thought you were saying literally anyone could win it. My post was showing that there was a handful of guys that could to help what you said.

Look, the guy is going to take heat for saying Micic is a lock, but the irony of it all is that when it comes time to make state champion predictions at the end of the year, many of the people who have a problem with his statement will also be taking Micic as their pick for either 120 or 126.  Micic is a class act and no one man's opinion is going to change that or the fact that people will be coming at him with their best shot this year.  Davis threw caution to the wind and represented himself well in the finals by doing so.  I will be rooting for Stevan to win his 3rd title and will be choosing him as my pick at any weight he decides to wrestle this year.  Very excited for the year to start.

Very excited here too. Seems like these last couple weeks have just dragged. I'll take the heat, no problem. IMO Micic is a lock in the same tradition of Jason Tsirtisis brother Alex, Andrew Howe and others who going into their senior years really don't have allot to prove at this level. I'm no "PR man" I'm just a friend of the family that truly enjoys my friends success. There are very few posts that we don't discuss and get a kick out of.

I too wouldn't be shocked to see Micic down to 120. But I'm guessing the Micic's could do without MCKJAC's promoting techniques. Why bring a dark cloud over a class act family? I would start looking for a new PR GUY!

But this one produced more than a little laughter.  ::)  Why on earth would Stevan need any promoting? And unknown you need some new material bro.

Seems like Micic is the favorite and rightly so, however, if he goes 120 and thinks he is going to walk over Lahue he might be disappointed. Lahue has a habit of beating (sometimes handedly) top class kids. And at 126 against Lee? If you have ever watched Nick Lee wrestle you would bite your tongue before picking anyone over him. Its nice to have people put their words in text and make picks for who they think will win but at 120 and 126 its no lock. I think it speaks volumes for Indiana wrestling to have a kid as great as Micic have to worry a little about his home state title.

The cool thing about both Micic and Lee, they have made their presence known on the national stage already and are both looking for international success as well.  Two great representatives for Indiana wrestling.  Really excited to watch Lee this year.

Nick lee will be battle tested this season with possible match ups with trae Blackwell at the holiday classic also with mater dei at ihswca state maybe a possible Wilson match up. Should be a good season 126 is nasty. I'm excited about a lot of weights 220 has 3 nationally ranked wrestlers and hernandez(who could be ranked nationally) might still go 220.

Seems like Micic is the favorite and rightly so, however, if he goes 120 and thinks he is going to walk over Lahue he might be disappointed. Lahue has a habit of beating (sometimes handedly) top class kids. And at 126 against Lee? If you have ever watched Nick Lee wrestle you would bite your tongue before picking anyone over him. Its nice to have people put their words in text and make picks for who they think will win but at 120 and 126 its no lock. I think it speaks volumes for Indiana wrestling to have a kid as great as Micic have to worry a little about his home state title.

I'm sure Micic takes every match very seriously in terms quality opponents like Lehue and Lee. And I'm sure "walk over" never is part of the mind set. But at the national level I think he's lost 3-4 times in the past 3 years and 2 of those losses came at Fila when he wrestled up to the junior level, where he placed third against mainly college wrestlers. All the rest of his national level matches including championship matches were wins by tech fall. Stevan by invitation spent 3 weeks during early Nov training in Russia with several world champs and says that his overall game has never been better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stevan bypass his senior year to wrestle internationally. BTW I was just trolling when I posted he may go 120. That won't happen. Sorry if anyone got their shorts in knot about it. LOL.....

I'm sure Micic takes every match very seriously in terms quality opponents like Lehue and Lee. And I'm sure "walk over" never is part of the mind set. But at the national level I think he's lost 3-4 times in the past 3 years and 2 of those losses came at Fila when he wrestled up to the junior level, where he placed third against mainly college wrestlers. All the rest of his national level matches including championship matches were wins by tech fall. Stevan by invitation spent 3 weeks during early Nov training in Russia with several world champs and says that his overall game has never been better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stevan bypass his senior year to wrestle internationally.

Dude, you are a riot! I haven't been this entertained since Caliboy graced the forum!

Looks like New Castle will be a meat grinder again this year. So far there are 14 kids ranked in the top 16 of their weight class who will not be making the trip down state. #138 alone has 8 of the 16 kids going through New Castle. That's rough.

True but many of these kids aren't wrestling in that weight class

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.