the deepest weight???

ontherise219

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that 120 is one of the tougher weights and I really like the Freshmen Drew Hughes to come away the winner. Really tough kid with great coaches all around him. I think the state champ in this weight is whoever puts in the most work to peak at the right time. I also like 126 and 152 from a depth standpoint.

138 is deep... Forte is favorite but top 5 in that weight are legit contenders..

152 is top heavy with top 5 guys...

160 seems to be McCloskey than everyone else... but that weight is loaded with a lot of wrestlers with similar styles and ability... which will make for a great tournament..

106 has a bunch of roughnecks for sure. The ability to predict a clear favorite has really been clouded these past couple of weeks.

Whatever the little guys don't matter.  I think we should just do away with 106 and add another heavier weight class.  All of the 106 pound kids cut to much weight anyways.

All of the 106 pound kids cut to much weight anyways.

no other weight class has wrestlers that "cut to much weight"????

I would be surprised if they are cutting more than any other weight...

Awful heavier weights? The heavier weights are more exciting because the kids that step out on the mat are athletes with legitimate strength. The 106 weight class takes away elements of the sport like strength and conditioning. It plays a bigger factor in the heavy classes.

Awful heavier weights? The heavier weights are more exciting because the kids that step out on the mat are athletes with legitimate strength. The 106 weight class takes away elements of the sport like strength and conditioning. It plays a bigger factor in the heavy classes.

I would bet that the conditioning of a 106 lber is no worse than that of a HW.....

takes away strength and conditioning?......that is about as far away from the truth as it gets.....strength and conditioning comes in at ALL weight classes and the lighter classes are every bit as good as athletes as any other class......your statement is ridiculous.....

You have got to be just sturring the pot here.  Everone with eyes can see that the top 10% of the 106 pounders

are way more skilled than the top 10% of the heavy weights.

There May be 5% of the heavier weight kids that can even take a shot.

Gotta love aoberlin! Hijacked the thread and gonna get people off on a "heavies wrestle a different style, it's still wrestling, just different" vs "lightweights actually know how to wrestle especially compared to the dancing bears at 285."  And finally, all the heavy supporters will throw out their patented "Sliga knows how to wrestle and he's a heavy" to which I would like to ask "and who else besides Sliga can you name?"  LOL

Gotta love aoberlin! Hijacked the thread and gonna get people off on a "heavies wrestle a different style, it's still wrestling, just different" vs "lightweights actually know how to wrestle especially compared to the dancing bears at 285."  And finally, all the heavy supporters will throw out their patented "Sliga knows how to wrestle and he's a heavy" to which I would like to ask "and who else besides Sliga can you name?"  LOL

LOL.  :)  And you still bit.

Whatever the little guys don't matter.  I think we should just do away with 106 and add another heavier weight class.  All of the 106 pound kids cut to much weight anyways.

is this coming from the guy who cut from 158 to wrestle 118 in college???? No you sir used to cut too much weight

Maybe 170 are athletic, some 182's, VERY few 195's, even fewer 220's. Hvy is almost stupid. The fact the #1 hvy lost to a marginal Bburg 220 is all you have to say about Hvy weight.

I cannot believe you fools aren't upset about the elimination of 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 171, 189, 215 and eve 275 a couple years ago.  Where are the complaints about losing 10 weights last year and not just the one?

I think the ind change was good ,don't like the team change damn "fools"

I cannot believe you fools aren't upset about the elimination of 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 171, 189, 215 and eve 275 a couple years ago.  Where are the complaints about losing 10 weights last year and not just the one?

Did anyone say a thing about 103?  All I said is that light weights don't deserve to wear a singlet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.