the deepest weight???

ontherise219

120 will be crazy the second day of state.

126 has one of the best top 4 from any weight.

160 has a somewhat clear #1, but 2-8 will be pretty unpredictable I think.

160 is not close to being clear.  Tatom just beat Rypel by 10.   McCloskey

Beat Rypel 3-1.  I am sure Hughes will have something to say about it as we'll.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone say a thing about 103?  All I said is that light weights don't deserve to wear a singlet.

Look at the top 15 at 106.  All very skilled young men. That have great wrestling skill.

Look at the top 15 HVY's. Most are football players who wrestle on the side.  They are great athletes.

But they are not as skilled of wrestlers.

Ok so you wanna say that 106 isnt tough but 120 126 132 138 are good And they are but that makes no sense

Because a lot of those guys wrestled 106 when they were freshman and sophmores then they just got bigger and also 106 pounders have the best strength in percantages besides how often do you see heavier weights lift each other off the mat because at 106 it happens all the time

160 is not close to being clear.  Tatom just beat Rypel by 10.  McCloskey

Beat Rypel 3-1.  I am sure Hughes will have something to say about it as we'll.

Rypel couldn't do anything on McCloskey. 2 points same as ten when you cannot score on him.  ;D

160 is not close to being clear.  Tatom just beat Rypel by 10.   McCloskey

Beat Rypel 3-1.  I am sure Hughes will have something to say about it as we'll.

Most of McCloskey's big match wins are very close. From what I have seen, he's really tough to score on. But you're right, Tatom is good as well, and Hughes was very impressive at Al Smith. I put my money on McCloskey though.

McCloskey had twice as many points as he needed :o

seriously though Bradley couldn't even score an offensive point on him. I believe it was 0-1 in the semi-finals last year

Sometimes it isn't about the points you score, but about the points you don't give up.

160 is not close to being clear.  Tatom just beat Rypel by 10.  McCloskey

Beat Rypel 3-1.  I am sure Hughes will have something to say about it as we'll.

Any one that has been around Austin for yrs knows he doesn't score alot of points, but controls the match. His position is very good, and he is very hard to score on. It only takes 1 point to win a match. It will be fun, anything can happen on any given day, but when u dont give up points, its kinda hard to get beat. I dont believe there is a lock in any weight class, well maybe sliga.....but anyone can be beat on any day.....but you have to score points to win ;D

I cannot believe you fools aren't upset about the elimination of 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 171, 189, 215 and eve 275 a couple years ago.  Where are the complaints about losing 10 weights last year and not just the one?

You know that this argument holds no water.  The fact is, there used to be four weight classes between 130 and 145 and four weight classes between 171 and 285.  Now there are three weight classes between 132 and 145 and five weight classes between 170 and 285.  One fewer weight class in the lower-to-middle weights, where the best wrestling happens, and one more weight class in the heavier weights, where... well, there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

The NFHS eliminated 9 weights last year, where are the complaints about more than just the 103lbs weight class?

Where were the complaints when the NFHS eliminated the 275lbs weight class?

I'm not talking about 103, I'm talking about 130-145.  Raising 103 by three pounds and 275 by 10 pounds really didnt affect either weight class significantly.

Any one that has been around Austin for yrs knows he doesn't score alot of points, but controls the match. His position is very good, and he is very hard to score on. It only takes 1 point to win a match. It will be fun, anything can happen on any given day, but when u dont give up points, its kinda hard to get beat. I dont believe there is a lock in any weight class, well maybe sliga.....but anyone can be beat on any day.....but you have to score points to win ;D

You're correct about his style, that was my point exactly. Every match is different just because wrestler A beats someone by 8 and a wrestler B beats the same wrestler by only 2 doesn't mean A can beat B....B probably pins A lol. Tatom has a mean headlock possibly the best one in the state. It's his only chance to beat McCloskey.

You're correct about his style, that was my point exactly. Every match is different just because wrestler A beats someone by 8 and a wrestler B beats the same wrestler by only 2 doesn't mean A can beat B....B probably pins A lol. Tatom has a mean headlock possibly the best one in the state. It's his only chance to beat McCloskey.

we will see sooner then later since they are in the same sectional!! And ok,ok so there is a few locks out there!!

This just shows how much you don't know about the light weights.  3 pounds to a 103 pounder is huge.  We used to have a 98lbs weight class but that got moved up.  The greatest thing about this sport is it if for everyone no matter your size and they are taking that away from the little guys.

Where did I say anything bad about the lighter weights? I think the lighter weights are very talented and I love to watch the speed and skill they demonstrate

I'm not talking about 103, I'm talking about 130-145.  Raising 103 by three pounds and 275 by 10 pounds really didnt affect either weight class significantly.

This just shows how much you don't know about the light weights.  3 pounds to a 103 pounder is huge.  We used to have a 98lbs weight class but that got moved up.  The greatest thing about this sport is it if for everyone no matter your size and they are taking that away from the little guys.

takes away strength and conditioning?......that is about as far away from the truth as it gets.....strength and conditioning comes in at ALL weight classes and the lighter classes are every bit as good as athletes as any other class......your statement is ridiculous.....

I'm sorry your son didn't eat his veggies? Lol. When you look at 220 the top 10 are linebackers, defensive ends, and running backs.  I don't care how "athletic" a 106 pounder is Gelen Robinson still is a better athlete. Also what I'm trying to say is that strength plays a larger role in heavier weights because some gifted wrestlers get out muscled.

I'm sorry your son didn't eat his veggies? Lol. When you look at 220 the top 10 are linebackers, defensive ends, and running backs.  I don't care how "athletic" a 106 pounder is Gelen Robinson still is a better athlete. Also what I'm trying to say is that strength plays a larger role in heavier weights because some gifted wrestlers get out muscled.

Gelen Robinson is the best athlete in any weight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.