Most Impressed/Least Impressed At State

devildog47959

Not trying to rip Kaden Suter, I obviously don't know him and doubt he would be goofy enough to post some things about himself that have popped up this week. But, that being said, someone else has an insane high opinion of his abilities. Yes he is good, and yes he placed, but throughout the last several days i've seen posts proclaiming him as very possibly the best heavy weight the state has ever seen. What the...?  Huh? After seeing him this weekend he was either way off his game or you been drinking the good stuff. Either way, congrats to Kaden for placing, and sorry someone else put out a bit to much hype and you caught the blame. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to rip him, but you'll do it anyway. Amazing how people get on here and use someones pain for their pleasure!. Myself on the other hand was impressed with all 16 kids from each weight class, as these young men and lady worked very hard to get to State, no matter where they placed or qualified. Regardless if a wrestler was "on their game" or not, each match at the state level is a dog fight with each wrestler wanting to continue and giving it their all. The fact is they are still young adults with a lot of emotions. Several great wrestlers were defeated prior to the finals, doesn't make them any less an athlete or competitor. My hats off to all of them and I wish them the best in their endeavors. As far as some of you simpletons posting these comments that might be hurtful to these kids, put your big boy pants on and hit the mat, until then, I'm not impressed!

Not to rip him, but you'll do it anyway. Amazing how people get on here and use someones pain for their pleasure!. Myself on the other hand was impressed with all 16 kids from each weight class, as these young men and lady worked very hard to get to State, no matter where they placed or qualified. Regardless if a wrestler was "on their game" or not, each match at the state level is a dog fight with each wrestler wanting to continue and giving it their all. The fact is they are still young adults with a lot of emotions. Several great wrestlers were defeated prior to the finals, doesn't make them any less an athlete or competitor. My hats off to all of them and I wish them the best in their endeavors. As far as some of you simpletons posting these comments that might be hurtful to these kids, put your big boy pants on and hit the mat, until then, I'm not impressed!

It's a message board.  People are entitled to their opinions.  Also, the title of the thread "Most Impressed/Least Impressed Friday Night" renders comments as previously posted.  I wouldn't make those comments but it is not too outlandish to see how individuals may come to their on conclusions and do so.  Suter is a good wrestler and placed at state- enough said.  No need to get so defensive.  People are just having a conversation.  Your comments are no different than any other persons when you make rash remarks about individuals posting, "He is probably one of those guys who never made varsity."  Sources?  Obviously you are a Suter fan... But people are just trying to have a conversation. 

Also, the Falcons did work!  I am extremely impressed with Maurer (EMD) sit out 3 years and come back and place 3rd.  If he never would have taken a sabbatical we probably would be talking about a 4x place winner and 2 or 3x state champion.  Also, congrats to Sliga finally taking home the gold.  He is an absolute beast.

Most impressed during the state tournament, I'd have to.say Paul Petrov. The kid was on a terror, sticks mason Todd then his finals match Wow. Cuts campell giving him the lead in the 3rd that takes some confidence in youself. I loved every bit of that match. I caught myself scrraming & literally JUMPING out of my seat during that match! Those 2 wrestlers put on a show, as a fan I just want to say THANK YOU

i am least impressed with the 182 class... i think that if the mckeon kid from frankton would have stayed healthy he could have ran through this class..of course having trouble with Tanner Lynde but he could have very easily placed. And thats saying alot about that weight class. That weight will be dominated by Lynde. No one will even come close. Not very competitive

I don't think 182 was any weaker than 220.  Sure 220 was more competitive, but 182 at least had wrestlers actually attempting some offense. 

By far and away the Petrov- Campbell match was a phenomenal match. Some of the best scrambles I've seen in a high school match ever. I had to drag my girlfriend to the finals, she is not a fan of wrestling and doesn't understand my love of the sport. However she was standing and cheering, whooping and hollering during and after that match. I might have turned the corner with her she now understands why I love wrestling thanks too those two young men and there performance. Thank you guys.  :P

This is a message board, not compliment board.

Most impressed with Hanover Central. 2 great champions, going through 2returning, undefeated state champs, while overcoming the great loss the program suffers earlier in this season. Congratulations to a great program, and truly outstanding kids.

I think Todd Batt from South Adams looked really good through out the tourney. His first match with a 3-0 lead to a pin, his second match 8-2 win over Moss who placed  the following year, and a 3-2 win over Blanton who also placed the following year and also beat a state champ the round before. Also remember he had never made it passed friday night. Although he didnt look like himself the last match, i think the lights got to him or something. Great day for a peak!

Oh and also won sectionals beating the 6th ranked Roe1-0 then winning regional over roe 5-1. Semi-State beating 7th place wilson 6-2 then fall, and beating loe by fall in 2:16.

Most impressed with Hanover Central. 2 great champions, going through 2returning, undefeated state champs, while overcoming the great loss the program suffers earlier in this season. Congratulations to a great program, and truly outstanding kids.

Coach John Willems was watching over them with a big smile. Don't forget, their 145, Charlie Mavros, also finished a respectable 5th. Not bad for a school of less than 600 students.

I was most impressed by Isaiah Bradley, whom didn't give up an offensive point through Semi-State or State. He showed great defense and scrambling ability. He is followed closely by Paul Petrov, simply for his perseverence and confidence in his semi-finals and finals matches.

I was least impressed by the 285 lb class as a whole. It was competative, but I still felt like it lacked a little bit of depth.

Most impressed the hanover boys man they wrestled tough  ;D

Least impressed Kaden I have a reason why I do not see eye to eye with him not because he beat my heavyweight but how he acts and what he says not a fan at all and I am not the only person who has said this I have talked to a couple of people and they have stated the same thing just not good to hear.

But in all I had a great time at OUR Indiana state finals this year it was awsome and felt great to coach three of my kids there for my first year of coaching.

most impressed

120-paul petrov

132-luke blanton

160- connor robinson

least impressed

160- kirk johnson- i just feel like this kid didnt wrestle good saturday.

So out of 224 wrestlers who competed in the state finals, you were least impressed with a guy who got 3rd? OK, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Most Impressed:

Petrov, cut's the kid and just goes after whats rightfully his and takes it...gotta love it!

Bradley, didn't give up a single offensive pt all Semi-State/State.

Sliga, pining his way through the Finals.

least Impressed:

Kaden Suter, found it odd after each win there was a state finals celebration.  ::)

So sensitive...

Not being sensitive...its just that there were 112 wrestlers who lost on Friday night, another 56 who lost in the quarter finals and 27 others who lost in the semi finals. 14 of those that lost in the quarter finals lost 2 more matches (8th place winners) and the 14 4th place winners, 6th place winners and 7th place winners were 2-2. The 3rd and 5th place winners were each 3-1. It just seemed a bit of a stretch to say that a guy whose only 3 losses on the year are to the state champion (twice) and the state runner-up is the least impressive guy in the entire tournament. Did Kirk finish where he or anyone else at PM wanted him to...no. But he did improve his placement from the past 2 years and that is not all bad.

Not being sensitive...its just that there were 112 wrestlers who lost on Friday night, another 56 who lost in the quarter finals and 27 others who lost in the semi finals. 14 of those that lost in the quarter finals lost 2 more matches (8th place winners) and the 14 4th place winners, 6th place winners and 7th place winners were 2-2. The 3rd and 5th place winners were each 3-1. It just seemed a bit of a stretch to say that a guy whose only 3 losses on the year are to the state champion (twice) and the state runner-up is the least impressive guy in the entire tournament. Did Kirk finish where he or anyone else at PM wanted him to...no. But he did improve his placement from the past 2 years and that is not all bad.

Maybe they just had higher expectations since he was ranked 1 or 2 all year.  Kirk seemed to wrestle the tough matches REALLY conservative and it is hard to win EVERY one point match.  Who knows?

I think all the Perry kids wrestled well - other than Donte getting caught.  As an alum, it is exciting to see the success that PM is having.

Maybe they just had higher expectations since he was ranked 1 or 2 all year.  Kirk seemed to wrestle the tough matches REALLY conservative and it is hard to win EVERY one point match.  Who knows?

I think all the Perry kids wrestled well - other than Donte getting caught.  As an alum, it is exciting to see the success that PM is having.

As I stated, both Kirk and the entire PM team had a state championship as the ultimate goal. My point was that calling a 3rd place finisher the tournament's biggest disappointment was simply over the top.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.