84-0

Drooke

In 1981 Jimtown beat Howe Military 78-0. In thirteen weight classes Jimtown had eleven pins and two forfeits which beat the previous record held by Adams Central with ten pins and three forfeits. That was the national record at the time as per USA Wrestling Magazine...

Doug Howe, Jimtown's 177 pounder recorded a :05 second pin during his match that night also.

The problem with Whiteland is they are a FOOTBALL driving school. The Football coaches tell the better wrestlers not to wrestle to lift weights instead. Then they take the wrestling room and turn it into a weight room. This made the number of kids going out for wrestling drop by alot. Last year they had to roll mats out every day just to prac. The wrestling program get no help from the school.

The problem with Whiteland is they are a FOOTBALL driving school. The Football coaches tell the better wrestlers not to wrestle to lift weights instead. Then they take the wrestling room and turn it into a weight room. This made the number of kids going out for wrestling drop by alot. Last year they had to roll mats out every day just to prac. The wrestling program get no help from the school.

It's a shame it's gone so downhill.  Less than 10 years ago, this program was very strong.  Plenty of state finalists, strong dual team, dozens of kids out for the middle school team.  It was a program.

alot of impessive scores for sure......just gotta say though that elkhart memorial has made a great start to their season at 7-0.....the first two conference duals had us score a 75-0 and 78-0 result.......we have a solid team this year.....next up is goshen this tuesday......i would like to say we will blank them too but i know better.....they too have a stout team and it is going to be one of the typical hard fought memorial-goshen duals......may the best team win!

That really sucks. Good football coaches KNOW there is nothing better for their players than wrestling! Whiteland has traditionally been a solid program that has produced state champs. They're down some this year but they handled it well. Most of us have been on the wrong end of a lopsided dual at some point. We got handled by Perry last year BAD. I think they wrestled 5 or 6 JV kids against us and still kicked us in the ass. The Whiteland kids were respectful and showed class. Good luck to them this year.

Just saw New Palestine won 84-0 over Whiteland.

All Falls with a sprinkle of forfeits thrown in.

Has any team ever won a dual by pin in every match?

i am pretty sure my senior year we did this to 3 teams at one tournament

Ritter,  Broad Ripple and the last team escapes me at the moment but i believe i am right

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.