84-0

Drooke

No offense to any schools but who really cares. Any 84-0 score is obviously a mismatch and any of the top schools could do this year in and out if they desired. Most schools, seeing such a mismatch will usually give JV guys some varsity time. I mean, really, what does 84-0 really prove?

I don't really think it proves much. But this is a really rare occurrence. If I had to compare it to another rare feat in sports, it would be the un-assisted triple play in baseball. I mean come on! How often do you see things like this in sports.

I think my point is that it really is not uncommmon if the top programs really wanted to do this to weaker schools every year. In Evansville, I suspect that MD, Reitz and some years Castle and Memorial could beat Bosse like this.

An unassisted triple play in Baseball is rare no matter what schools are competing and involves and incredible amount of luck to go with the skill.

Having a school win sectionals with all indivual champs would be more comparable. I know MD did it once,,,not sure if other schools have or not.

Although Dominant... It doesn't deserve to be on this thread. There are tens to hundreds of scores just like this every year. No dis intended.

What I see as unique in that SA vs Delta score is the fact that back in the 80s the score was probably the exact opposite.  So that result fits into the category of major program role reversals.

I don't really think it proves much. But this is a really rare occurrence. If I had to compare it to another rare feat in sports, it would be the un-assisted triple play in baseball. I mean come on! How often do you see things like this in sports.

You can't schedule an un-assisted triple play but you can schedule poor competition, which is what this is. Wrestling is about a challenge not about humiliating your opponent.

I run the club at Whiteland now and it's kind of rough, to see the high school but up an egg like that against an 84. I know the high school is having trouble filling a couple of spots lately as well. Not exactly how many weights they forfeited, but it's no excuse for any of the wrestlers that did get on the mat, for getting pinned. Don't get PINNED!

The Warriors are going through a tough time right now, since the guys in high school currently didn't have much of a school wrestling club at the time of when they were younger(still no excuse though). It really shows how much a solid booster/club team helps at the high school level. Hence, why I am trying to build a foundation. The middle school team is improving and hopefully in the near future the Warriors will be able to get some better results in the high school level. Doesn't help the whole area thinks they're a football powerhouse and the football coach doesn't want good kids wrestling. If he only knew the benefits of wrestling and translating to football.

Lou, that stings! As it happens, that was my freshman year and  I had 3 seniors in my weight class that I had to share time with at the tournaments (until sectional)  and that was one I sat out. Had I been in, I probably would have blown the whole thing!

By the way, on Jan. 7th you will start the day with a coach's misconduct!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.