Nathan Boston

lpd096

Per recent contact from an "extremely reliable" source, I must retract my previous information that I received from this same source (months ago) as circumstances have changed. I appreciate being contacted and informed of this change.

There is a very good chance (90%) that Nathan Boston will NOT be wrestling in the state of Indiana this season.

I wish him the best of luck in the future!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huge loss for indiana wrestling as a whole........but i bet there are alot of indiana's upcoming 106 pounders that won't be heartbroken......the kid was a beast on the mat.....best of luck to him wherever he may land....

Is 106 where he is projected for next season?

Well the supposed place he is going has a speculated hole at 106 for the upcoming season that he could fill.  But with Boston setting his  eyes on a DI college wrestling career I would think he would start trying to move up in weight in the next year or two.  

As for any DI prospect trying to stay at the lightest two weights as long as possible.  This strategy seem unproductive to me in the long run.  Sure if your goal is HS championships staying at the lighter weight may slightly aid in this.  But I would think many high profile DI schools would be weary of signing a guy who was just studs at 103 or 112 for 4-years.  I'm sure there are a few exceptions, but not many.  For those who have a goal of a solid DI career making an effort to move up slowly so you could wrestler your last year or two at or close to 125 would see more beneficial.  

I agree with everything you said mm. I wish college would bring back 118.

May help in getting a few more lighter guys prepared to wrestle at 55kg internationally.  But, in America finding enough talented 118lb wrestlers and not just bodies for each of the college teams was probably getting to be a big challenge.

Wildcatcountry97,

Take the post anyway you would like it. "Retract" or no "Retract".

As for leaving the state due to fear of another wrestler? That's your opinion. You are entitled to it.

Where did you see that Rankings Guy had him projected at 113 for next year?  I would doubt that he is "scared" of anyone at 106 or 113.  Doesn't mean he would beat them all, but I'm sure he isn't scared.

Boston deciding to leave the state to wrestle has no real effect on Indiana wrestling.

There are plenty of great wrestlers that will compete for the State championship.

If his parents think that he needs to go somewhere else to reach his goals that is completely

up to them.  One thing I have noticed is that you can come from anywhere and be a national champion.

People just need to find the path that they believe is correct and don't look back.  I wish him all the luck.

I think his point is, if he already has an IU "fullride", why bother moving.

In his case it's not a matter of getting noticed colleges as much anymore.  I'm guessing he has set his sights at a very successful NCAA career and the decision to transfer or not would be based on what he (his family) believes is best for that.  Weather someone agrees with that decision being the best approach is a different story.