Bubba Jenkins

D-train

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have one thing to say act like you've been there...

It is respectable to act like youve been there, yet he hasnt been there. He won by pinfall in the national championship, celebrate all you want, and he did very creatively

Are you guys serious critisizing this kid's celebration?  Have you ever worked your whole life for something, and then attained it at that level?  He was a returning finalist, and Cael made a decision to not let him return at the same weight.  Crazy. As fate would have it he was able to pin David Taylor, who was chosen over him by Penn State.  He deserved to celebrate in whatever manner he wanted that wasn't disrespectful to Taylor.  I thought that was the case.  I like Taylor, but was happy for Bubba.  One quote was "act like you have been there"....dumbest response ever.  He had not been there. This isnt a regular season dual meet.  It was the NCAA Finals, which he had NEVER won.

he was shooting at his ankle bands that he threw in the air.

I know what he was doing.  Does that make it okay?  Why is it okay to pretend to have a gun to shoot at anything.  I doubt he was pretending to shoot at a deer. 

I'm not saying it's the biggest deal ever or the worst celebration in the history of the world.  No such hyperbole.  I just wish people wouldn't use imaginary guns during a celebration. 

I know what he was doing.  Does that make it okay?  Why is it okay to pretend to have a gun to shoot at anything.  I doubt he was pretending to shoot at a deer. 

I'm not saying it's the biggest deal ever or the worst celebration in the history of the world.  No such hyperbole.  I just wish people wouldn't use imaginary guns during a celebration. 

Wow is it really that big of a deal? A grown man pretend shooting when 12 year old kids do it on Xbox everyday.

Wow is it really that big of a deal? A grown man pretend shooting when 12 year old kids do it on Xbox everyday.

That was a stud statement! It is apart of our american culture, look at childrens toys squirt "guns", nerf "guns" its all around us

I found it more funny that there was an inference that if he was pretending to shoot a deer that would be ok.  :)  I guess my point is that that he had been climbing a mountain since he was a kid, and in that one instance he reached the summit.  You cannot imagine the emotions, nor the reaction you are going to have.  I bet my house he doesn't remember it anyway.  Just an immediate show of exhuburance & emotion.  I see worse at the IHSAA state tourney every year.  That being said, they earn the right to celebrate by winning.  As long as it is not directed at their opponent.  That I rarely see.

seems your stuck on the left, come over to the right and you will be at peace

Just remember "Imaginary guns don't kill imaginary people, Imaginary people kill Imaginary people"

Gotta love all the people on here that have never even felt the feeling of winning a sectional title let alone a NATIONAL title criticizing Bubba's celebration. I know this if I would have won a National title (not to mention a pin over the school that told me I wasn't good enough) I would have celebrated myself. Seriously, stop chastising a National Champ. You make our sport look bad

Another overlooked celebratory atrocity is the ever present exploding fist bump.  Most kids don't even wait until after the match to pull out their little hand bombs anymore.  The introductions before the IHSAA state finals was like the Battle of the Bulge with fist bumps.  Imagine how many young kids now think it is ok to "blow it up".

Let the guy have his fun!

I would rather see that than the guy who just runs off and won't talk to anybody.  We need

people who will promote our sport as something that can be fun.  We don't need a bunch of

robots out there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.