Finally, a new, quality wrestling film!

ccbig

Did I not see the LEGENDARY headlock cradle twice in that clip???

According to the LEGENDARY Jim Slain that move is called the "zinger."  I pinned a fella from Rome City in it as a LEGENDARY 7th grader.  I also had a kid stuck in it at the Miami(Ohio) Freshman Open in 1998, but the ref stopped the move calling it an illegal headlock. 

It was released last weekend.  Indianapolis is only showing it at Georgetown Cinema by Lafayette Square.

Yeah looks like its basically on limited release around the US, so not to much help with box office numbers or word of mouth helping to create marketing publicity.

• 2 weeks later...

A good wrestling film is coming out though. It is  based on the life of deaf UFC fighter Matt Hamill, Hamill tells the story of what it takes to be a champion, on and off the mat.

Hamill is a sports drama depicting the struggles and successes Matt faces on the way to becoming a champion. Raised among those with the ability to hear, Matt later finds himself no less an outsider amidst the Deaf Community. Through sheer determination, he uses his perceived disability as an asset, and becomes both the first deaf wrestler to win a National Collegiate Championship and an inspirational force to the hearing and deaf alike.

(That is what it says on the about the film section on the website.)

They don't know when the release to theaters is going to be, but the trailer looks pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a horrible movie.  I liked that wrestling was shown in a positive light.  No extreme weight cutting or anything of that nature was shown in this movie. 

I will definitely check out the Hamill movie when it comes out.

Bologna!!! lol...this movie is good...Many of my former teammates and friends at Trine liked it too...I think any publicity for wrestling is good publicity...I liked the movie a lot personally.  Not to ruin the movie for those of you who haven't seen it, but at least they didn't have an unrealistic ending...

Not a bad movie if you watch it keeping in mind the story is supposed to focus more on bringing family back together and not be a technical training reference for wrestling.  This of the movie The Blindside meets VisionQuest and you sort of have a general idea. 

Not sure what movie everyone else saw, but I thought this movie was terrible.  It had wrestling in it, but other than that I can't see why anyone would want to watch it.  It was very close to "after school special" quality, but with a little young adult material so you wouldn't immediately think that.  It could have been good if someone would have known what they were doing, but clearly they didn't.  I laughed because it was so bad more than a few times.  I think I like wrestling a lot, but even that is not enough to watch this.  Save yourself a couple hours and clean your room or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.