• Announcements

• Y2CJ41

Board Rules and Regulations

If you find TheIndianaMat.com Message Boards helpful or interesting, then you know how important it is to keep the boards clean and accurate. Please only post messages that are genuine questions or attempts to share knowledge.   In order to ensure that the boards are as helpful and enjoyable as possible to as many people as possible, we have established the following rules for the boards. No message may   1. Contain, promote, or link to sexually explicit or violent material. 2. Promote, depict, or link to material that promotes or depicts discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or age; 3. Contain unlawful material, including but not limited to materials that may violate another's intellectual property rights, or links to a site that contains such material; 4. Contain information regarding or promoting illegal activity, or linking to a site that provides such information; Contains spam, pyramid schemes, or other unrelated advertising material; or 5. Is considered by us to be obscene, excessively violent, threatening, harassing or otherwise objectionable; or Is deemed by us to be unsuitable for any other reason. 6. If we decide that a post is unacceptable, we will remove the post. Depending on the severity of the post or the past history of the user who made the post, we may rescind that user's membership. 7. Advertising for goods and services will only be allowed by our paid sponsors. 8. Topics and discussions need to be in their proper forum. Repeated failure to follow this could result in permanent restriction on posting on this forum. Since we can't have a rule to cover everything, this is the rule to, well, cover everything. This is a public board, so act like you would if you were in a public place.These issues are left to the discretion of individual moderators, but may include any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, discussion of alleged felonies and misdemeanors, misleading, spammy, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, sexist, obscene, racist, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense. Asking for or offering any of the material listed above is also out not permitted. Thank you for helping to maintain the quality of our boards.   -- The IndianaMat.com Team
Sign in to follow this  
buscowrestling

Mayweather vs McGregor

Floyd in 3...but here's what I'd like to see...

1. 1st match is this one which is boxing...Floyd wins.

2. 2nd match is a UFC battle....close but McGregor wins.

3. 3rd match is a mix boxing/UFC bout with odd rounds boxing even rounds UFC MMA..I'd call it a tossup cuz McGregor might submit him before it goes the distance or Floyd might KO him.

Who wouldn't want to watch that? So more pay per views...more exposure for both boxing and UFC..and more $$ for everybody!!!! It's all about the $$..and Floyd needs some to cover that tax bill.

41 minutes ago, grappleapple said:

As long as they both lose - we would all be winners.

WEAK !!!!    there has to be a winner and there has to be a loser otherwise we may as well watch soccer and all be bored !!!

#PainTrain   #TheCounty

No way in hell a MMA match between the two would be close. Mayweather's never been leg kicked nor fought from his back. 

Pretty much the same in reverse for a boxing match. Mayweather should stop him. If Nate Diaz could stun McGregor, mayweather should tko or ko him.

Love them or hate them, these guys can generate an amazing amount of interest

Floyd more than likely by decision with conor winning 2 rounds.. IF HE  DON'T PULL A BUSTER DOUGLAS UPSET..yea I said it  B)  Conor would destroy him worse in mma than Floyd might do him in boxing..The range of conor and good unorthodox stance from different distance than strictly boxers will  be the part Floyd has the most problems with..Conor moves in a Karate stance when he's on the outside similar to wonderboy Thompson.. he's either in or out.. no in between dead space...Conor was smart for not bringing in a typical boxing coach to critique his form.. he stuck to his style and has honed in on what works for him under this rule set..

Styles make fights and I'm telling you this will be fun..Conor like Floyd is a counter puncher..if Floyd does what he says and walks conor down that's Conors best chance...Landing a counter pull hook or straight left hand..Floyd's philly shell defense is based on shoulder rolling and counter punching..if he actually opens himself up coming forward this could interesting..Don't be shocked if Conor don't fold boys and makes a spectacle of it! 

Floyd has been nearly impossible to hit squarely for most of his career. Boxers with much better hand speed than mcG have failed to touch mayweather. Conor has a powerful left and is the bigger man, but he may have few opportunities to put his hands on the slippery mayweather

If Floyd fights his type of fight he will pepper McGregor until his body fail with counter punches.  If Floyd tried to fight an aggressive take it to him fight then McGregor gets a few decent punches in the early round but by the middle round Floyd resorts back to his old way ends up winning without much trouble.  Either way Floyd take this one easy.  Only shot McGregor has is Mayweather completely loses his mind and acts flashy too many times with his head in KO range.  

The pessimist in me has a sneaky suspicion the event on Saturday night may have much more in common with reality TV as it does with sport. The real goal may be to create more narratives to generate millions more dollars for Corporation Mayweather and Corporation McGregor. I hope I am wrong.

Edited by matts

8 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

Floyd in 3...but here's what I'd like to see...

1. 1st match is this one which is boxing...Floyd wins.

2. 2nd match is a UFC battle....close but McGregor wins.

3. 3rd match is a mix boxing/UFC bout with odd rounds boxing even rounds UFC MMA..I'd call it a tossup cuz McGregor might submit him before it goes the distance or Floyd might KO him.

Who wouldn't want to watch that? So more pay per views...more exposure for both boxing and UFC..and more $$ for everybody!!!! It's all about the $$..and Floyd needs some to cover that tax bill.

No offense, but you must not follow MMA, let alone train.  Pretty much anyone on the UFC's roster at 155 would destroy Mayweather in MMA with a simple game plan (minus a lucky punch).  Under your setup Mac loses boxing, wins MMA, and GnP Mayweather to TKO him in an even round to win.

46 minutes ago, greco165 said:

No offense, but you must not follow MMA, let alone train.  Pretty much anyone on the UFC's roster at 155 would destroy Mayweather in MMA with a simple game plan (minus a lucky punch).  Under your setup Mac loses boxing, wins MMA, and GnP Mayweather to TKO him in an even round to win.

No offense taken. As my flabby gelatin like body would attest, I certainly don't train at anything but do follow mma! Concur mma dudes should dominate Floyd in that style but dude is kinda elusive and the lucky punch thing might not be so lucky when ur Floyd. 

Mayweather by late stoppage or 12-0 decision.  Floyd doesn't have the power to end it early so it will take a bit of time.  This will be embarrassing.  McG is not a top 50 boxer.  

This is nothing more than a money day for both athletes. Can McGregor pull of possibly one of the biggest upsets in sports history, sure? Anything can happen, but I think this will possibly be the easiest match ever for Mayweather. 

On 8/25/2017 at 8:12 PM, greco165 said:

The same applies for McGregor in boxing.  He's an amateur and wouldn't beat anyone in the Top 20 in boxing.  

Edited by SWINfan