Qualifiers by Conference

I know this will all be compiled later, but I can't stop thinking about this weekend so I went through our conference to look at our qualifiers by team and weight.  

Hoosier Heritage Conference

Teams - Number of Qualifiers

Delta - 6

Greenfield - 2

Mt. Vernon Fortville - 2

New Castle - 3

New Palestine - 4

Pendleton Heights - 1

Shelbyville - 0

Yorktown - 1

*Every team except one had at least one state qualifier.  We are represented in every weight except 150, 157, and HWT.  Here is the breakdown of how many state qualifiers by weight come from the HHC.

106 - 1

113 - 1

120 - 2

126 - 3

132 - 3

138 - 2

144 - 1

150 - 0

157 - 0

165 - 1

175 - 2

190 - 2

215 - 1

HWT - 0

I'd love to see how other conferences did, especially the smaller conferences that I don't get to see wrestle much.

57 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

Best conference in the state only 8 teams   imagine if Michigan city took wrestling serious 

Hoosier Crossroads Conference (HCC) only has 8 teams as well and has 23 State qualifiers. As for toughest conference, 6 of those 8 HCC schools are represented at State. Not throwing shade on the DAC at all but legitimately curious how many teams from that conference got someone through if anyone knows off the top of their head. I’m sure I can look it up later if not. HCC and DAC do appear to be tough as nails Conference tourneys though. 

38 minutes ago, Lawdiggity said:

Hoosier Crossroads Conference (HCC) only has 8 teams as well and has 23 State qualifiers. As for toughest conference, 6 of those 8 HCC schools are represented at State. Not throwing shade on the DAC at all but legitimately curious how many teams from that conference got someone through if anyone knows off the top of their head. I’m sure I can look it up later if not. HCC and DAC do appear to be tough as nails Conference tourneys though. 

Lake Central, Laporte, Merrillville, Crown Point, Portage, Valparaiso, Chesterton 

Every team but Michigan City got at least one through in the DAC

2 minutes ago, CoachM said:

Lake Central, Laporte, Merrillville, Crown Point, Portage, Valparaiso, Chesterton 

Every team but Michigan City got at least one through in the DAC

Thanks!  So with 7/8 and 6/8 teams sending kids to State and 24 and 23 total qualifiers respectively for DAC and HCC I would say those conferences appear to be the deepest in Indiana. 

2 hours ago, GrecoCoach said:

Hoosier Crossroads Conference

Avon - 5

Brownsburg - 9

Fishers - 2

Franklin Central - 2

Noblesville - 2

Zionsville - 3

Total Qualifiers - 23

1st at Semi State - 7

2nd at Semi State - 7

3rd at Semi State - 6

4th at Semi State - 3

Just to have similar numbers:

Crown Point: 12

Lake Central: 4

Merrillville:3

Chesterton:1

Valparaiso: 1

Portage: 1

LaPorte: 1

1st at SS: 10

2nd at SS: 5

3rd at SS: 4

4th at SS: 4

I only count 23 for the DAC too. But let's be honest, I probably missed someone!

2 hours ago, Lawdiggity said:

Thanks!  So with 7/8 and 6/8 teams sending kids to State and 24 and 23 total qualifiers respectively for DAC and HCC I would say those conferences appear to be the deepest in Indiana. 

I agree that they are both very deep conferences.  The 2 schools in the HCC that didn't get a qualifier are Hamilton Southeastern and Westfield.  Both of those schools have solid, ranked, state-caliber wrestlers that just didn't get through semi state.

2 hours ago, Lawdiggity said:

I don't doubt there is some talent there.  However, one thing to take into consideration is that some conferences have wrestlers that run into each other often in sectional and regionals while other conferences are better spread out and may not have a chance to see each other much before semi-state.   So I'd venture to say a few other conferences are decently deep too, but due to the alignment ended up either eliminating each others wrestlers or at least putting them in a position to get a pretty bad draw to overcome at semi-state.

5 minutes ago, MattM said:

I don't doubt there is some talent there.  However, one thing to take into consideration is that some conferences have wrestlers that run into each other often in sectional and regionals while other conferences are better spread out and may not have a chance to see each other much before semi-state.   So I'd venture to say a few other conferences are decently deep too, but due to the alignment ended up either eliminating each others wrestlers or at least putting them in a position to get a pretty bad draw to overcome at semi-state.

Fair point - post season distribution does play in to it. What are some other conferences you’d put up there against the DAC and HCC in terms of being one of the toughest/deepest conferences? 

12 minutes ago, Lawdiggity said:

Fair point - post season distribution does play in to it. What are some other conferences you’d put up there against the DAC and HCC in terms of being one of the toughest/deepest conferences? 

Not knowing the distribution well I'm not sure I would be the best to answer that. But, would say if a decent amount of the conference wrestlers advanced to SS (yes I know not all paths are created equal) they should be in consideration.  

Another point to throw out would be top-heavy conference qualifiers vs. qualifiers being distributed among several teams.  If we are talking toughest/deepest I'd lean more toward the distribution factor over just one or two teams dominating the qualifiers.  The DAC and HCC would be among those conferences where the distribution is pretty good too.